September pickups!

Pickups from breedings, customs, contests, etc.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

September pickups!

Post by Sushidragon »

The first of the 'anything goes' pickups, two Samanayrs and two pets!

Image Image

Image Image
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Re: September pickups!

Post by silvermoondragon »

Oh wow, I love that Oquiesa! Those two Samanayrs are quite interesting as well, and another lovely catgryph. Congrats Yuiven!

I can't wait to see the other one!
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

Eee! More Minayr cuteness!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

And the second 'anything goes' pickups :D

Image Image Image
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Holy wow o.o

Those are stunning! And I'm loving the variation on the Rider concept XD
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

oooh, Kirin Mystery, very cool! And the Rider's Oquiesa and the little mage construct doggie are so cute! I love how the Rider's dragonet is perched on the Oquiesa's back. Congratulations on such fabulous Samanayrs and their pets.
Yuiven
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Yuiven »

*gasps* AAAAAAHHHHHH!!! *jumps up and down in her seat squealing*

Wow! Healer of Ruined Lives is divine! Truth be told, when I sent in my custom form for the Healer mare I had written down most of the information for what I wanted, except her colour and markings. Sushi was given total creative freedom on that aspect of her design, with one proviso: as long as the markings aren't too simplistic and the colours keep to the species' standard muted colouration.

I-... Sushi-... I-... COLOURS! The name Healer of Ruined Lives does inspire a rather "heavenly" theme and that has been creatively and skilfully illustrated with the colours and markings. Desaturated in a pale sky blue, accented with white and a blend of pastel iridescent colours, she evokes the vision of a rainbow breaking through the gloom to reveal blue skies once more. I really like how the vivaciously subtle hues of her hair and markings can soothe as well as delight the apprehensive patient(s). The smattering of white spots and the multicoloured streaks especially make me swoon. ^.^ Her appearance may look simple, but too many traits would have just distracted from her pretty markings.

As for her only trait, I'm pleased to no end seeing how Healer of Ruined Lives' throat mane was braided. It's practical, yet showing real elegance. The manner which the hair strands twine, clump, and fall looks natural. An unexpected, but nonetheless appreciated side effect, the twisting of many colours gives it a fabulous flair! In spite of the styling the signature trait of a Healer is still easily recognizable.

The practical set-up of the saddlebags and carry pouches on her specially-built Healer harness impresses me. Having the large saddlebags stocked with vital medical supplies within arm's reach, and the less important necessities scattered throughout her body in the smaller pouches is quite ingenious. And the dye of the saddlebags are a rich shade of brown, and texture of the material appears to feel as soft as flower petals- making them ideally comfortable and durable as Healer of Ruined Lives travels all over the world, bringing hope and happiness to everyone she meets, no matter where they are.

Oooh, Shifter of the Enchanted Gardens lives up to her name- she is indeed an enchanting little mare! When I was drafting up the Minayr Shifter's design I wanted her to look "gardeny" without having to resort to putting in the florae trait. Judging from what I see, the design has successfully met and even exceeded my wildest expectations.

The earthy tones and rainbow hues are shocking, but quite pretty together! What a variety of colors... I must confess they probably wouldn't have worked out as well as they have juxtaposed, if not for the beige merging two such disparate color schemes. Markings. Markings are love and I love the detail you worked into her markings-- the leaves flowing really simulates a wind effect along the Minayr Shifter's body. The speckles are lighter in comparison to her socks and tips of her mane... then again dirt isn't a uniform shade of brown, is it? A variation in pigment enriches the palette. It looks as if she was frolicking in the garden and has gotten herself dirty. Eeee! The socks turned out exactly as I wanted, like blades of grass growing out of soil, and I also really like how the texture in her itty bitty stone talons was rendered.

Oh, you could've become a florist, Sushi; Shifter of the Enchanted Gardens has a beautiful crown of freshly-picked flowers resting atop her head.

Fay-like, the movement of the Minayr Shifter depicted is excellent-- it's not hard to imagine that's she's flipping joyously through the skies, not bothering to suppress her giggles. The swooshing and gravity-defying arcs of her mane strand are a fantastic touch that make her just look in-flight, it's incredibly convincing.

Everything about Shifter and the Enchanted Gardens reflects who she is; I wouldn't have her any other way. <3

Jolie! Honestly, that Catgryph is even lovelier than I imagined she would become. Dance is thrilled with her new pet! She had wanted a Catgryph for a long time, more than ever after Tyger and Reflection had left to embark upon the 'Great Bird Hunt.' After a few unsuccessful attempts to adopt a Catgryph, now she's finally got one to call her own! ^_^

The Tortoiseshell colouration is randomly chaotic, varying from individual to individual. With those colours that's a tough balance to strike, but you have mastered it, Sushi. By making the base coat blue, then mottling orange and violet and seemingly colouring haphazardly in strategic locations/amounts throughout her body for maximum impact, and adding the final touches of white, unity has been achieved. I didn't want the Catgryph version of Dance, however I did want Jolie's colours to compliment her equally lovely owner. And that's exactly what's occurred, much to the delight of my awestruck eyes. *_* Their colours perfectly compliment, perfectly contrast each other's!

The pose also shows much of Jolie's personality- drawing back from whatever or whoever has startled her, at the same time snuggling up to Dance, seeking reassurance and affection. And on a side note, I find it amusing just how coincidental that they mirror the same half-lidded expression. Guess it's true what they say-- pets do look like their owners! XD

Then last but definitely not least, Wolfgang! Bold is beside herself with glee over the acquisition of her second Oquiesa. :D Wolfgang is one huge hunk of sheer awesomeness! He stands out on his own, yet he appears to be part of the "pack." This Oquiesa gives the impression that he's standing close- but not too close -to Bold and Tyra, as if he was their bodyguard (even though Tyra truly doesn't need one). Love the expression on his face too. He's just like, "You hurt them - I hurt you. Got it?"

I love how you've done the dense, fluffy fur-- it stands out to me as one of his key features. Black, grey and white all smoothly follow a natural gradation; his head in particular is a striking example! And I have to comment on the way you drew his upright bushy tail, it looks adorable. The whole outcome is so representative, I feel like I could reach out and STROKE his fur. :o His eyes are quite prominent with a dash of the only colour, blue, and they're sharp as the crack and tumble of glacier ice. When Wolfgang looks at anyone, he'll elicit the feeling of cold water down the spine, making you gulp and take a healthy step backwards. But when he gazes upon 'his' ladies, those same eyes will melt into puddles.

Diggin' the collar, too. Black with silver studs and a big loop in the center make it fashionable as well as functional. It's just the thing that makes him look distinguished, yet still macho. Such a fine Oquiesa! <3

It's almost surreal to see your wildest fantasy Sams made real; especially when they would never otherwise have existed outside of your imagination. You never cease to amaze me, you wonderful person. Even with Baby Sushi on the way, the quality never decreases - if anything, I'd say it just keeps getting better and better. I am loving all of this so hard, just... FFFFFF NO WORDS FOR HOW MUCH I AM LOVING THIS! Thank you so very much, Sushi.
Pathos
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Pathos »

Oh, they're all so pretty! Congrats you guys!