July pickups - spliced Sams!

Pickups from breedings, customs, contests, etc.
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Re: July pickups - spliced Sams!

Post by Jennalyn »

Oh my goodness, the splices are absolutely incredible! No wonder you went with so much fire as your interest theme - they're intense and incredible and omgyes! DRAGONFIRE?! Eeeeeeeee. And Steam just looks so epic I could squee.

Speaking of squeeing... OH MY SWEET MERCY, LOOKIT HER! That is the coolest combination I could possibly have imagined from her 'origins'. Sibyl is one beautiful mare, and her focus is earth divination from the tribal heritage? That is wickedly cool beyond all reason. She looks to have been half-raised in a Tribal environment, what with the decorations and markings, wherever she originally came from. Maybe there was a Tribal Mystic and a non-Tribal Mystic involved in her lineage or summat and she wasn't quite raised to the lifestyle. But because of her visible Tribal leanings, if she were to pair with a Tribal stallion then would the foals come out Tribal?
Because Tribal is more of a mindset than a set of traits, any foal can be raised in the Tribal lifestyle and ideals, which will mean they grow up to be a Tribal. If they're raised like other Samanayrs, a Tribal's offspring will just be a regular Samanayr.
Call is a lovely little lady and her markings are just striking. Automaton is EPIC and her eyes capture me!

Going up, Bite is viciously tasty-looking. Rainbow. <3 Dark chocolate, mayhap? I love Revenge's markings paired with the lack of tufts, and Vanilla is just a pretty fluttery thing. Patter is one of my favorite color combos. Edge is...... I LOVE GEMS! Burble's just absolutely adorable. Curl is lovely in her contrast of colors.

Then there's the rainbow foals... aaaaaaaah! The stallion is so majestic and I love his true rainbow colormix! The expression on the Kirin Lam is just darling, as are all the floofles. And the Mystic Desert mare is regal beyond all belief.

And that little jungle stallion... looks just like a kitty-expression. I agree. o_o Awesome.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Wow! So beautiful all of them! Congrats guys! I love the different traits!! Very nice. :)
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Delicious
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Delicious »

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! *wheeeeeezes and continues* eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEeeEEeEEEEEEEE!

SO MUCH AWESOME in this bunch! The splices turned out AMAZING! Automaton with those glowy eyes! So curious and shiny! And those gorgeous antlers of oakleaf's mare! And just LOOK at that tribal Sybil! So shiny Jen! Congratulations!

And Vapor is GORGEOUS beyond belief! That pose and those fire fins are just ... love. So much love! And Incinerate! Aaaaah! I think I would have gone catatonic in adoration just seeing her, but to actually get to add her to my own little herd?!?!?! Death of shock and awe may be shortly occuring! Eek!!

Seriously, even regardless of getting my very own (first!) elemental out of all of this - this splicing event was soooo cool! Breeding and everything else is a hoot too, definitely, but I just KNOW I can't have been the only one wandering through the database every now and again going "Hmm, you know what if so-n-so and what's-er-name split songs and got together..."! It was -awesome- to actually be able to plot and try that out. XD

Thank you for running it Sushi! :D Especially since I know you've been so busy!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Thanks, everyone! A lot of work went into these spliced guys so I'm glad you're enjoying them :D

@oakleafwolf - Although you can't see them in this pose, she has hooves :D

@silvermoondragon - I realized after I was done with her that I hadn't thought of an element type for her, so she's not exactly 'steamy,' but I still think she looks pretty awesome XD

@LvSoulFriend - Sorry, I had to bite my tongue in the Ustream chat XD

@AsaraDragon - We'll have to do it again, huh? ;D

@Jennalyn - To be more specific, her divination is more of a combination of air and earth - she uses the silhouettes of plants and grass against the sky. If they're stationary she's more accurate but less specific, and if they're moving (eg blowing in the wind) she's more specific but less accurate. And if she had a foal with a Tribal stallion, I'd say it would definitely end up Tribal :D

@Delicious - Ooh I didn't realize it was your first elemental too! I couldn't resist the combo of dragon and fire XD It's a little hard to see, but she has Ignis in the armor plates down her back, turning every other one into flame. And the wings, of course XD
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
oakleafwolf
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Lamanayr!

Post by oakleafwolf »

Thanks Sushi!

They really did turn out wonderfully! Sibyl and Vapor have very dynamic poses, and I like the blue leg panels on Automaton. And Incinerate... grumpy sams are so cute! :)
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Oooh, what a gorgeous batch of splices! Sibyl and Coil have such interesting markings. Vapro does too actually. Coil seems to be looking up at her own giant antlers. She looks happy with them though. Automaton is just...neat. All glowy and she looks hydraulicly powered almost. Is she able to breed or is she like her 'sire' and needs magic to have foals? Sibyl's front paws are so cute! And that little stubby tail and the feathers...

And then those two fiery elemental ladies! Such a neat pair! Incinerate looks particularly dangerous and not to be crossed.

Congrats everyone! Lovely splices and I do hope to see more at some point!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

Hehe, it's an Inferno 'baby'! XD Definitely a lot of fun markings and intriguing Elemental themes is this batch, and I desperately wish I had a stallion worthy of asking the Sibyl mare to join his Song. Congrats guys!
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

@Sushi

Um.

Yes please? :D
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

736's image states her ID as 735. <3

Also, I've added them to the database. Please let me know if there are any incorrect traits. I tried based on the parents and a visual. xD
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

The spliced sams are absolutely amazing! Flash is happy to report that Sibyl of the Endless Plains has joined his song. So there should be some tribal foals in the future from that pair. ^_~

Three awesome elementals! I never thought we'd see another robot, and then you've got the vicious Incinerate, and the elegant Vapor! Big question of the day, does Vapor swim or fly?

I love the markings/horn combo on Coil! Congrats on your 2nd sam Oak!

Good work Sushi!
Rekyrem
Super Spiffy Awesome
Super Spiffy Awesome

Post by Rekyrem »

Heh, I like that two of those five both have a "parent" that belongs to me. : ) They're all so very nifty!