January breedings - the foals have grown!

Pickups from breedings, customs, contests, etc.
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Re: Foal pickup - January breedings!

Post by Harroway »

I'm excited for any possible Valentine's Day events! And of course, for the foals growing. :o I'm positive there are some real lovelies in this batch, like always!
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Love-pair for #500 maybe? Might have to adjust the foal numbers a bit if you do that though XD
Yuiven
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Yuiven »

Aww, look at all of the babies! They're just precious. ^.^ My Samanayr-Kirin hybrid filly looks like she's trying to stand tall as the epitome of power, wisdom and virtue, yet she still looks ridiculously adorable. *cuddles her new foal* I absolutely love her to bits! <3

Congratulations to all of the new owners! This breeding season has turned out to be a truly multicultural event with foals of several different species being born.

Have to say I am really impressed that you got the breedings done, considering how busy the move has kept you, Sushi. Thank you!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: January breedings - the foals have grown!

Post by Sushidragon »

It's been a fun week of cute and cuddly foals, but it's time for them to become adults!

This time around, owners are allowed to name their own foals :D When coming up with a name, please don't forget the Samanayr naming rules - all Samanayr names are in the format of "Something of the Something Something" Some examples are Glint of the Ice Prism, Fading of Summer Skies, or Glory of the Brilliant Sun.

When you've come up with a name for your foal, please send me a PM with the subject "Samanayr naming" - in the PM, please include the Sam's ID and the name you've come up with for it. You have one week to let me know the name for your Samanayr - once a week has passed, I'll be naming all of the remaining unnamed Sams :D

If you're having trouble seeing the adult images, I've uploaded temporary copies of all of the adult images. If a Sam's stuck in the foal stage and you'd like to see the adult stage, just add "-1" to the filename. So for example, instead of:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/s ... 50/501.png

You'd use:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/s ... /501-1.png

I hope that helps, I know Photobucket can be difficult XD

And here they are!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Awwww! Look at all the adorable newly grown babies! I love the desert girls! 489 has such an attitude to her! And 494 is so sweet and spunky! But after how she was standing on her twin's hair...I'm sure there's mischief behind that grin. And I really love 495; she fades so wonderfully from her father's colors to her mother's. And she looks like she's wearing one of mom's feather's in her hair too. Just look at the Elemental gal! So decorated with fins and frills and gorgeous! And the tail on 501 most definitely draws the eye! No wonder she had such huge claws too! Poor 502...she doesn't look like she knows what to make of life. Love the Aquatic babies too! Aquatics have such fun tails... And the NA is so rolly polly lovely! She reminds me of a seal!

Congrats everyone! There are some seriously adorable newly grown Sams here!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Ooooooo!
490 is such a pretty girl, the shifter is so happy and I love her little rainbow tail, 496 is very cute, 497 has loooots of fins :shock: 498 and 499 are both gorgeous and have lovely accessories, 504 has a great pose. And then there's 501, I think she's my favourite with all her beautiful feathers.
Tervenna
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Tervenna »

O.o

*looks at parents again* where did the rainbow come from?

*looks at grandparents too* Oh! There it is!

Gotta come up with a good set of names for these two - they look awesome!

Also, I love 504! Such an awesome pose and colors
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Regrets: -stares at babeh- o.O
Babeh: -stares at Regrets- :D Mom!
Regrets: o.o
Babeh: :)
Regrets: -_-;
Babeh: :|

There are no words. Only confusion. XD
Also, Plunge is very upset... His kids all seem to be grown and gone before he can really enjoy them. D:
Big congrats to everyone!
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

....PLUNGEBABY AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OMG

and also BEATBABYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*deadofhappy*
Xenon
Will Stalk You

Post by Xenon »

Oh my goodness, look at how WONDERFULLY everyone's grown up! o_o -oogles all the pretty, pretty Sams- I'm enamored with my little girl, Sushi. You've squished so much personality into her pose and expression - you can see that she's a shy little creature, unsure how to react to others. Can you blame her, with her father's overprotective doting and her mother's... seeming disinterest? I'm just... so happy. <33 Love that blue on her rump, and her little clawed paws.

All the others are grin-worthy as well. The Desert and Northern twins are gorgeous, Sera's girl is such an incredible blend of colors (as is Rynnie's boy!). I'm really enjoying the hints of rainbow in Tervenna's, especially with all those lovely neutral shades. Wow, Plunge-baby is gorgeous. @_@ And eeee look at the little Kirin-spawn!!! The elemental is gorgeous, I really love the subtle gradation on all of those fins and in the spots, as well as the things on her forehead. I'd been really interested to see how the colors would end up looking on the next set of twins, and wow, it's pretty. o_o makes me think of river-stones and moss and other such natural things. Eeeee, peacock!! The green on her feets is breathtaking, so vibrant! 503 is really a gorgeous mix of her parents, I love the swirls of the designs, and... Wow. So much NA love. You don't even know. -giggles and pulls on 504's tail-
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I'm so glad you all like them :D Like I said on PI, Doing breeding seasons is a lot of work, but I love all the comments when everything is all finished and posted! Not to mention I love seeing the foals and then the grown adults all together, and how they turned out XD Thank you all so much for the kind and thoughtful comments!

@Origami - Don't let 494's smile trick you, I'm sure she still has her hair-standing moments XD And 495 does have one of her mother's feathers in her hair. And I would imagine poor 502 has some issues..

@silvermoondragon - 501 does indeed have a big floofy tail XD I think it looks like you could just bury your face in it, like a big down pillow!

@Tervenna - Sorry about that, I decided it was time to start going back into the grandparents for colors as well XD I'm hoping to not only include relative's colors, but traits as well. So, both parents could be carriers of a trait from their parents and then it ends up appearing in their foal after skipping the generation.

@CosmicDragon - Poor little baby XD And I'm sory, Plunge! The foal stages will live on forever in the database!

@Harroway - That looks like some happy XD

@Xenon - I'm glad you like the way I ended up going with her :D I figured she wouldn't end up entirely normal with her parents and that she'd either end up fairly cowed and nervous or, uh, more like her dad.. so there she is XD
Image Image

Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

Just wow! All of these babies have grown up beautifully!

Both the Northern and Desert twins are so pretty! I love how soft the northern twins look and how the traits on the desert twins suit each of them (their sire is proud of them!). Sera's girl is soooo pretty! I love her markings and three legs! Rynnie's stallion is a handsome devil with his pied coloring! I'm just enchanted with how the grandmother's rainbow passed down to the twins from Golden Daydream (yay another shifter!)! Uninhibited has produced yet another beautiful foal! The horn on the Kirin-hybrid is sooo cute! OMG the elemental filly is AMAZING (are those fin-wings I see? She's so cool!). The twins from contemplative thought are so neat with their jewelry and extended foot tufts! The Blue Lotus mare is just spectacular with her feathered tail and sharp toes! Regret's filly looks so sweet and innocent! When she finds a stallion I fear for the boy! Echos aquatic mare is really neat looking with her fantastic markings and hints of fluff! And that Northern Aquatic is just the cutest one I've seen so far (I'm not big on the NA's, but that one I would gladly take home with me! XD)). Congrats everyone!
Aranea
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Aranea »

They all look incredible!
Aside from my feathery Hunter daughter, the wings on Takaeji's mare catch my eyes the most, I think. Those are some lovely markings right there. I also had no idea something as roly-poly as Zeigfried's northern aquatic could look so regal, too...

Also, I now have a sam-based avatar for here! Woo!
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Xenon wrote: Can you blame her, with her father's overprotective doting and her mother's... seeming disinterest?
Aha, her mother isn't, uh, disinterested... She's just very, very confused. XD And can't seem to grasp the whole 'I gave birth to you' concept. But she still loves her little one... On some instinctive level. ^^;;
-noms on Xenon- I wish I had a scanner... XD The family is just begging to be drawn.

Plunge: -stares woefully at his grown daughter- How time does fly... I remember when you were just this big!
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

I..

oh...

oh my.
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Yuiven
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Yuiven »

Holy shnikes! *o* Every single newly-grown foal has aged very well! They look incredible!

Ooh, 496 is a beautiful Samanayr-kirin hybrid who is an ideal combination of her parents' traits. Also, her sire's bright rainbow colours have brilliantly integrated with her dam's intricate curlicue markings! She still retains the power, wisdom and virtue observed in her foal image, yet all of those characteristics have been tempered as she grew into adulthood. There is now an invisible radiating aura of serenity as she sits and stares off into nothing. Hmm... I will have to think long and hard, as well as enlist some help, to come up with the perfect name for her.

Thank you Sushi! Thank you Echos! Thank you Jenn! I adore my new little lady! <3

Looking very much like daddy's girl, 502 is a pretty mare, but shy as she tries to hide her face behind her vestigial wing from the world at large. I just want to cuddle her! Beautiful is an understatement to describe 497. The Water Elemental drew my attention right to her eyes first, and then to the rest of her body via the subtle iridescent bubble markings and the flowing multitude of fins. Oh, 504 is uber cute! Coloured like the artic ocean, this Northern Aquatic also reminds me strongly of a seal as she sits up, looking calm and happy. 495 comes across an adorable tomboy to me, but she still displays her femininity by wearing some beads in her tail and the silver star charm in her head mane with a feather (a token of affection from her mother no doubt. ~_^) I love the contrast of her dark, bold hindquarters between the rest of her soft, pale body and her blue/orange/red markings!

Whew! I'm running out of adjectives- they're all so wonderful that they blow my mind! o_o

Congratulations to one and all!
sera
Mystic
Mystic

Post by sera »

Twenty THOUSAND levels of happy yum!!! x3 Egads, the grown babies are even more gorgeous than i had hoped. Love, love, love for them all! This batch is just so beautiful that it's hard to even pinpoint one for further compliments! hehe

It would also be easier without Spawn freaking out. hehe i shall try to name her, but if i can't come up with one in time (may have already missed it, lol), it'd be lovely if she had some sort of sound effect like her father. ^^ hehe

Gads, thank you ssooo much, Sushi! They are so amazing!
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Got two days Sera ;)

Here's some words related to the parents that might help in coming up with a name :D

bafflement
befuddlement
bewilderment
distraction
muddle
mystification
perplexity
puzzlement
whirl
clangor
clank
clash
chime
peel
ring
clink
jangle
jingle
tinkle
clap
clop
crack
crash
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

All of the Samanayrs from the January breeding season have been named! As usual, Photobucket will probably show the unnamed image for a while before updating to the current one.
Image Image

sera
Mystic
Mystic

Post by sera »

Thank you for the suggestions, Lv, and thank you, Sushi, for a lovely name. ^^

Everyone's been sick here and we just got out of the hospital a few days ago, so. . . xD; i even more appreciate the name. *Waves and gamphs back into sleepy land*