The night is always darkest just before the dawn.

Have a new Song looking for members? Want to trade an item for something else? This is the place to go!
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

The night is always darkest just before the dawn.

Post by CosmicDragon »

((Single Horn, Horn Nubs, Body Spines, Belly Plate, Maneless))

It was quite a night, the sky at it's deepest inky black to better show off the stars strewn like diamonds across it. A slim sickle moon shone with an unusually bright light that bellied how close it was to surrendering itself completely to the shadow of a new moon. Wyrd stood at the edge of a salty inlet so still that it reflected the night scene better than any sharian-made looking glass, his deep red eyes gazing intensely at the sky, the starlight catching in his crystalline spines.

He loved the night. The stars were like family to him, he knew each by name, but the stars could not speak to him. They could not keep him company during the sun's hours, when they disappeared into the haze. He longed for companionship, but was too proud, or perhaps too doubtful of others to allow himself to have feelings for them. He sighed, deep and weary, and let himself collapse onto the sand at the pool's edge. He absently dipped a toe into the water, watching the ripples head out for him, distorting the reflection into sprays of sparkling white and coal-black shadows.
Wyrd is looking for companionship. Well, I suppose he's more resisting his natural urge to find companionship than anything, but hey! He's been spurred on by me, an I've been spurred on by Jenn's Spring Fling competition. XD
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor