Third Annual Spring Fling - Wish I May!

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Re: Third Annual Spring Fling - Wish I May!

Post by Jennalyn »

My guess is that multiple birth modiem combos don't work with this token (since the normal breeding token prohibits them as well), but lawl, that would be hilarious. xD
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Whew, what a month for matchmaking :D A huge thanks to Jennalyn for running the event and congrats to the winners! The items have been added to everyone's inventories.

And no, multiples modiems can't be used with the twins token because that would make me cry :D;;;
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
SunBlind
Mystic
Mystic

Post by SunBlind »

Congrats everyone! I had a lot of fun staring at all those lovely pairings!
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

Congrats everyone! I can't wait to see the twins! More importantly I can't wait to see the first foals from all these new pairings!

I think I will have to pick the lovely blue male dragonet of the pair for Trill. <3
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Congrats guys!!!!!!!!!

Im so jealous :) good luck with those tokens and pets :D
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Yuiven
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Yuiven »

*jumps out of her computer chair and then runs around the room, flailing her arms in the air and alternating between squealing and shrieking in glee, after having read the results for the Third Annual May Spring Fling*

. . . . .

Okay, okay, I believe I have calmed down enough to write a coherent response now.

So, the upgraded Grand Sekkrit Sushi Prize that was hinted towards was a Twin Breeding Token?! Wow! I doubt that even with his endowed magical ability to receive visions, Sibyl of the Summer's End could have foreseen this. Either Juju of the Masked Spirit could've crafted a gris-gris to summon a little extra luck, or a certain loa must've perceived her secret longing for a foal and, assisted by some ancestral spirits, helped the leaders of Song of the Shaman's Guidance find a way to become parents. ;) What an unexpected boon to conceive two foals for the price of one, though! I am delighted and honoured to be the joint grand prize winner of this brand new token with Jenn. I don't have to be a sibyl myself to divine because the gorgeous couple are Tribals, no matter how the twins will look when they're born, they're going to be special with a combination of bold, rich colours, intricate patterns, and super blinged out, that's for sure!
AsaraDragon wrote:Question. Would using a pair of breeding modiems on top of the twin token mean quadruplets? Because... yeah. XD
Sushidragon wrote:And no, multiples modiems can't be used with the twins token because that would make me cry :D;;;
OMG, Asara, the idea of using two breeding modiems together in conjunction with the twins token blows my mind! :shock: The first set of quadruplets to be born in the Samanayr world... it would have been amazing if that were allowed to happen; but then again, even if the ruling hadn't been made against the notion, honestly wouldn't be fair. Not only Sushi would have cried-- the mere thought of giving birth to quadruplets in her first pregnancy brings tears to Juju's eyes, and I don't believe those are precisely tears of joy.

Anyway, Jenn and I will have much to discuss, oh yessss!

How utterly appropriate it is that both second prize and third prize are sets of Love-Pair pets mimic actual birds which mate for life. They are totally worth aww-ing over! <3 The likeness of these real world avian species were accurately captured, then given a twist of fantasy to morph into these whimsical creatures. The Firebirds, who are based on Mandarin Ducks, were meant for each other- to always be together. The male is a handsome drake, flashing his glossy green feathers as he flies overhead, in a desire to impress his mate and make her feel special. Dazzled by his good looks and fancy aerial manoeuvres, the white-winged female, while having less vibrant plumage, is equally lovely.

As for the Dragonets who are patterned after yellow-collared Lovebirds, they make for an adorable pair. Jenn had described the romantic interactions between them picture-perfectly in a single sentence. I am able to imagine the dashing blue gentleman working up the nerve to groom his pretty green mate, who is waiting oh-so patiently for him. Congratulations oakleafwolf and Lv, as well as Orasteele and Echos!

Congratulations to all of the runner-ups who each won those tradable items offered to randomly-selected participants in the event! They will come in handy, whether to modify certain aspects of a foal to your liking during a breeding season, or to exchange for other commodities, or as part of payment for a future job fair placement.

64 new breeding pairs? :o With such a high number recorded, this must be declared as the most successful matchmaking season ever, since was the first Spring Fling was held three years ago. It provided the motivation we needed to proceed to matchmaking with passion and enthusiasm, after putting off making the decision as to whether or not your stallion or mare would be compatible with someone else's mare or stallion.

I admit that I also went looking through all of the pairings as the list grew, going, "Oooh, that pair could produce a wonderful foal!" and "I never would've thought to put those two Sams together in a Song!" It should be exciting to see all the foals that could possibly result. There are over a dozen lovely new pairings, as well as several awesome new Songs founded, giving us many more choices for the upcoming breeding season.

Thank you Sushi for offering such awesome prizes, and, once again, thank you Jenn for hosting the Annual Spring Fling for the third year in a row! :D