A Time to Give Thanks

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
Pristine
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Desert

A Time to Give Thanks

Post by Pristine »

Hey everyone :)

Recently Pony Island had an Extravaganza full of fun events, and I was lucky enough to get some time to participate and enter a handful of them. I noticed one event that I entered had a semi-custom Samanayr as the prize, and while I was sad I did not win it, I noticed that it was an acquaintance of mine who did, someone who doesn't tend to follow adoptables. Rather than let it go unclaimed, I asked her if she would be at all interested in selling it to me, or trading for it.

Well, at the same time, one of my entries in another event won me a beautiful Samanayr, Herald. I was ecstatic! And so when my acquaintance agreed she wasn't very interested and would be happy to gift me the semi-custom token for free, I was super-ecstatic! But I had already won such a beautiful Samanayr and I thought, I should let someone else have the semi-custom token. I'm quite thankful for having won Herald and she's practically all I could have wanted out of a semi-custom, anyway!

So here is the deal (with big thanks to is_chimera)...!

The semi-custom token will be up for raffle to someone who is NEW to Samanayrs/a NON-OWNER, in this event!
Additionally, for owners, I will be giving away a few other prizes from my personal stash in a second, separate raffle!

RULES

- Post here and tell me what you are thankful for this year! It can be as long or as short and as sincere or as silly as you want it to be! I know, given some circumstances, it can be hard to think of anything... or maybe you don't feel like getting all personal in a Sam event... that's all right! Light-hearted entries are allowed, you just have to tell me a little bit about what you're thankful for and why!
- At the top of your post, please post in bold whether you are an Owner or a Non-Owner.
- Make your post before midnight EST on Friday, November 23rd. If I've done my math right, that's 9:00PM PST November 23rd, OR 05:00 PI time 2012-11-24.

That's all you have to do to enter! I will try to run the results this weekend :) For those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving this week, I hope you have a great one; if you've already celebrated or don't celebrate at all, then I hope you have had a good one or you find time to show your loved ones how thankful you are for their presence in your life!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Cameron
Samanayr
Samanayr

Re: A Time to Give Thanks

Post by Cameron »

Owner

To be very honest over the past year I have millions of things to be thankful for! Some are quite silly, like being thankful that peanut butter exists, or for good smelling candles. Or the way fresh snow crunches under my feet. Or for puppy kisses. Others are more serious, like being thankful for my boyfriend and his loving, chaotic, amazing family.

Of course I am extremely thankful to have my own family. I don't know what I would do without the advice of my mother, or to be able to vent to my sisters at times I need to. Not to mention I am thankful that my little brother won't speak to me over the phone, mainly because in his own way he's protesting the fact that I am three thousand miles away.

Back on the note of being thankful for my boyfriend. We've been together for only seven months, but I am more thankful for him and his positive influence in my life than I have been of anyone else. I can't fully describe the happiness, joy, support, and stability he has brought to me. I can even claim that he's helping me through my seasonal depression. Normally I will spend days in bed, not eating, not moving, not really doing anything, but sleeping. This year for some reason it hasn't been as bad. Yes, I still am extremely exhausted, but despite this I've been able to actually get up and proceed with life on most days. i FIRMLY believe that this is due to his positive outlook on everything in life.

It may seem cheesy and conventional to be thankful for your loved ones, but I fully am thankful to be able to say that I am in love with my best friend, and that he helps me in ways that I can't fully explain! :)
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Owner! *eyes sig*

I'm thankful for my brother finally getting leave to come home for a month :D It's been nearly 2 years that he's been overseas in Okinawa and the surrounding seas/countries. Despite being bigger than me (and everyone in my family >>) he's still my baby brother <3

We might have been at each others throats most of our lives, but I still love him!

20 days and counting!
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Owner

I'm thankful for my puppy, because she's adorable and is always ready for a cuddle whenever I need it :) Of course there are many other things, that was just the first that came to mind.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Aww, what a fun contest :D Thanks so much for putting it on!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
OnceUponaThyme
Foal
Foal

Post by OnceUponaThyme »

Non-Owner

I am thankful for so much this year, but I think the top of my list would have to be that my husband (who was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer right around this time last year) not only finished his chemotherapy without any REALLY bad days but has had two CAT scans show up clean since his surgery. We have been together 18 years and have two beautiful girls to show for it, and now that he's been given the all clear for now I can hope for another 18 years (or at least make it till the kids move out and we can have some peace ;) )
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

Owner

(OnceUponaThyme, you made me want to cry... T^T You deserve it all!)

I'm thankful for quite a few things, but mostly my animals and SilverDapples- my animals mean the world to me, and I adore them, despite all their little animal issues. XD I'm thankful for fat fillies with big hearts, old dogs with gentle eyes, and fluffy kittens with mischievous curiosity.

SilverDapples- well I've talked about her before, so I won't spill my guts again! (I will say that without her there wouldn't be a Seren- she's made me a better person, truly. :3)

I will add the three things I said at my Thanksgiving dinner get-together- I'm thankful for imagination, knowledge, and culture.

And I'm thankful for Samanayrs- beautiful art and beautiful people! ^.^ All the people on here are just great!
Last edited by Seren on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature under construction!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

Owner

I am probably most thankful for my family - though in particular -in attempts to make it slightly less cliche!-, my mom, because this year in particular has had a lot of changes and a lot of difficulties. She opened a shop and had to deal with things between my dad and my brother, but despite that she still tries to be one awesome single-mother and I look up to her for that and I couldn't ask for anything more than what I have right now.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
luna and mattlock
Samanayr
Samanayr
Favorite Sam species: All

Post by luna and mattlock »

Eeee! Congrats on Herald! When the prize list went up, I was gonna snag Herald, but Were beat me to it! But I grabbed the Semi-custom!

Owner

I have a lot to be grateful for this year. I'm grateful for Mattlock, and that we are finally getting married next month! He puts up with my scatterbrainedness, and I know I can be frustrating, but he loves me! Dunno why! I'm grateful for my family, who have been helping us put together the wedding and being supportive, everyday.

I'm so grateful for my puppy, Krug! He's been had a positive impact on our lives and make us feel complete.
ImageImage
ImageImage
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Owner
This year... Well, I have a lot to be grateful for, really. But the one thing that stands out to me most is that I am do, so gratefully for my family.
The whole crazy lot of them have proven over and again how they are willing to stand by me, even when I don't seem particularly sane, or human. Which is a lot of the time. Growing up with an ASD has probably been harder on the people around me than I give them credit for, but they never fail to be patient with me.
Probably most of me thanks should go to my mom who, despite my unease, spent her whole life throwing me into new situations and teaching me how to cope with change. Without her I wouldn't be even a fraction of the person I am today, obsessive, antisocial and clinically emotionless as that person may still be.
So, even though you'll probably never read this, any of you, thank you. For never giving up, for always reminding me that feelings are good, and for pushing your own friends on me so that I was never quite alone.
I love you all, in my own weird way.
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

Owner

This has been a very trying year for my family. In many ways, however, that just highlights the many things that I have to be thankful for.

I'm thankful for my parents and their never ending devotion to one another. I'm thankful for my brother, even if he is too far away. I'm thankful that Nanna is still alive, even if she isn't really "with us" as often anymore. I'm thankful that my aunt only had to lose her leg this year and not her life from the same sort of infection that killed her brother twenty years ago.

I'm thankful for my friends - my INCREDIBLE friends who keep me sane and happy! I'm thankful for the friend who is truly more sister now and who found herself an awesome new job. I'm thankful for the friend I spend most waking hours pestering via email or text and hanging out with at every conceivable moment. I'm thankful for the friend who lives clear across the country and yet still manages to brighten my day on a regular basis. And I'm thankful for the wonderful Internet communities who always greet me with an open warmth that leaves me feeling perfectly at home.

Online and off, I am so, so thankful for the people in my life.

I'm also thankful for our zoo of animals. They full my life with so much more than I could ever hope to repay. And I'm thankful to have a good, steady job in an economy that is hurting a lot of people. A good education, a good head on my shoulders... I'm thankful for it all.
HybridSiren
The Resident Linkin Park Fangirl
Favorite Sam species: Illiayr

Post by HybridSiren »

Owner

I'm thankful for basically everything in my life. I know I'm quite blessed in being where I am and being able to live the life that I want so far. Yes, I complain at times and I really should look out for that more often, but I honestly am incredibly lucky to even be this involved with the internet and the nerdy side of me, hahaha.

So, I'm thankful for my family: my mom for putting up with having a crazy daughter into bizarre and obscure oddities, my dad for helping me along the path of actually getting to college, and to my older sister who finally graduated from the court sessions she had to go to (I'm so proud of you! I'm sorry I've been bitter for a long while!), my stepmom for being an incredibly lovely force in my life even if I don't talk to you as much as I should, and of course for the rest of my family and my step family and my families in the fandoms (LP, EDM, and other nerdy stuff)! Thank you all for your support, love, inspiration, and... just generally being by my side. I love all of you, no matter how much I may get angry or bitter or whatever, I still love you all.

Specifically, internet hugs and kisses to my big sister/twinzy/broodmama Synzaphine. I know everything has been wearing down on you lately, but do know that it will change- it has to, and if it doesn't, I'll make it happen, because you deserve the chance to shine!! You've been my closest partner through thick and thin, and I'll be here for you, and I apologize when I go quiet, or when I get frustrated and am not quite sensible.. I'm trying to work on this, for you.

I'm thankful and love all of ya, okay? We've made it through another year, and now we can relax for a moment and be thankful for so far, and let's make the next year even more impressive. <3
[he/they]
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Woops O:
Last edited by RikkuGirl on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Owner

I have so much to be thankful for but in all honesty... The main things I have to be thankful for are...

My family - for without whom I would have fallen flat on my face after losing just about everything. Not only did they give me a place to stay and food to eat but the gave me the confidence and assurance I needed to get back into the world and on my feet.

The medical staff of Lee Memorial Hospital - FOr without whom...my mother would not be here today. They not only helped her fight breast cancer...but are now AGAIN, helping her fight once more. I am so thankful for the staff and volunteers of this hospital because they gave me another thanksgiving with my Mother.

My friends - IRL and online. They are such a blessing to me in my life because they ARE my true family. You cant pick blood, your stuck with them..but you CAN pick your friends. I love ALL OF YOU so much and I am truely blessed to have such wonderful and caring people in my life. I could go on and list names but in all honesty, this part is geared to EVERYONE! Without my friends online and irl I would have lost my ever living mind and most likely would not be here to write this message. Through all of the bs and pain and issues and drama.. my friends have ALWAYS stood by me and helped me to be a better person. They have NEVER left me behind and have always taken the time to tell me "I love you". So in essence...I am forever indebted and thankful to/for my friends. They are my sanity, my happiness and well... My family. I Love you all and am so thankful to have you in my life.

Last but not least. Im thankful for the sun I feel, the air I breathe, the water I drink and the love I receive. I am thankful for the opportunity to change not only my own life but anothers lives as well just by offering a smile. I am thankful for every gift bestowed upon me...

and The Present is the biggest gift of all. I am thankful to be alive. :)
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

Owner

There are so many things I'm thankful for - my family, my guy, my pets, my health - but the thing I think about almost daily that has helped me through tough times since 4th grade? The Beatles. Thank you, best band in the history of the known universe, for rocking so hard that everything else pales in comparison.

Get turned down for a job? Well, the Beatles were famously rejected by Decca, one of the record companies they applied to. Feeling crappy? Well, John fought depression for years and has a song for basically every type of bad mood you can think of. Something bad happen at work? Watch them dance like dorky maniacs in the "Hello Goodbye" music video. Beatles. Are awesome. I'm so glad I live during a time where I can listen, watch, and play Beatles.

Beatles. Beatles forever.

PS: What a great idea, Pristine! I can't wait to see what the lucky non-owner chooses for their semi-custom.
Willow
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Minayr

Post by Willow »

Owner

I've not had time to read others entries, so I'm sorry if this echoes other people (but then I guess that's a good thing).

I'm very thankful for my family, we're separated and scattered, but when we all get together it's amazing, like it's been no time at all since we were last together. We're meeting up in two weeks for an early christmas dinner and I can't wait!
In England we don't have the Thanksgiving holiday, but I'm thankful for a lot of things.
Although it might seem more "material", I'm thankful for my access to the internet and the great people I've met on these sites (and they kind of fill a gap since I've moved away from my friends).
I'm thankful for music (so many feels), my pets (my lovely ratties, who are getting old, my rabbit and my new dog!) and I'm thankful that I have people that love and care for me.

Also I am thankful for Sushi and her amazing Sams xD <3
~ Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ~
Kagari
is behind you
is behind you
Favorite Sam species: Northern

Post by Kagari »

Owner

I'm thankful for my mom. She's always good for a laugh, and she's a pretty amazing woman, too. I'm also thankful for my dogs. One is almost 17, and he's still my little brother at heart. I'm thankful for my amazing friends, online and off.

Sorry this is so short, I just woke up from a nap, and my mind is still fuzzy.
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

owner

Well like a lot of other folks this has been a rough year and I'm just so thankful to have the support of my family. The time Oak and I spent in Colorado was amazing and I'm very grateful to have had that experience. And when everything there fell apart I spent so much time on the phone with my dad and my mom just trying to get perspective and ideas. I'm grateful to Oak's mom for opening her home to us and always being upbeat and optimistic when I need it.

And on a lighter note, I'm grateful that season three of MLP:FiM has started :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Aleu
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Aleu »

Non- Owner
I am thankful for a lot but most of it is very personal so I will stick with one much less personal - this year I grateful for a great ending year in highschool and a fabulous graduation & formal! It's been one heck of a year with many stressful and tiring times trying to keep up with all my assignments but all of my teachers have been great and classtime wasn't the worst time! It was very fun and i am glad it is over and I exceeded in it - finishing with an academic excellence :)
Pristine
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Pristine »

I'm thankful so many people stopped by and had so much to be thankful for :D

So we only had two non-owners, it looks like. Random.org chose OnceUponaThyme for the semi-custom token! Congratulations :D I will be sending a list of the winners to Sushidragon so she can get everything to everyone's inventories. If you'd like to claim your semi-custom, all you need to do is PM Sushidragon with a list of up to 4 colors you'd like on the semi-custom :)

I've entered everyone else (including the other non-owner) into a raffle for the prizes I was going to give out... and a random set of modiems Sushidragon graciously donated to allow me to give prizes to everyone! :) Yay! Thank you, Sushi!

Here is a list of the raffle entrants (randomized) and resulting prizes:

RikkuGirl - Bat Clip
luna and mattlock - Dog collar
Jaes - Cupcake
Seren - Rarity Modiem
Willow - Rarity Modiem
LvSoulFriend - Breeding Modiem
CosmicDragon - Breeding Modiem
Kagari - Breeding Modiem
SilverDapples - Trait Modiem
HybridSiren - Trait Modiem
Aleu - Trait Modiem
amazondreamer - Species Modiem
Cameron - Species Modiem
silvermoondragon - Color Modiem
Jennalyn - Pattern Modiem

Happy Thanksgiving and I hope the new year gives everyone many more things to be thankful for :)
Last edited by Pristine on Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Eeee! Thanks so much :D

Congrats all!
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

YES! RARITY MODIEM! SEREN IS PLEASED.

No, but thank you really, this was great! ^__^
Signature under construction!
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

This was fun, thank you for doing this Pristine!

And yaaaay cupcake!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

Oh my, a trait modiem XD I do suppose you cannot have enough of those guys! XD

Thanks for running this Pristine!!

And as a side note, I think all of the posted things that everyone gives thanks to/for is really very touching (or funny in some cases XD).
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aleu
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Aleu »

Thanks very much Pristine :D