Festival - Memories and Resolutions - results!

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Festival - Memories and Resolutions - results!

Post by Sushidragon »

I loved reading through all of the memories and resolutions for this event :D Thank you so much for sharing! I guess I need to do some more breedings and some world-buildling to help some of you out, eh? XD

For my part, one of my fondest memories is restarting Samanayrs after they'd been on hiatus for a while as I'd been running Glassgryphs instead. I got the urge to start drawing them again and then found myself redesigning the website, and creating the tradeable item/modiem system, and organizing all of the traits for the traits page.. I love doing stuff like that! I was so worried I'd do all of this work and that nobody would participate, but when I was done, there you were :D I've always loved the Samanayr community and been amazed by those of you who've been there over the years, putting up with my occasional incompetence and flakiness XD; Thank you to everyone for playing in my world!

As for resolutions, I'm probably not going to have as much time as I'd like in the coming year, but I definitely want to work on world-building and roleplaying. I have a lot in my head that I need to get on to paper!

And our winners! Revolution is going home with AsaraDragon and Wrapped is going home with Jennalyn :D Congrats!

---

These guys were intended to be given out earlier in the year, so I apologize for my lateness in getting this event set up XD;
Wrapped represents the passing of another year while Revolution represents the arrival of the new year. She may be quiet and contemplative while he is full of optimism and hope, but the two complement each other perfectly.

For a chance to win one of them, I'd love to hear your Samanayr memories and resolutions! A winner will be randomly selected for each Sam - Wrapped from the memories, Revolution from the resolutions. A memory should be about a Samanayr-related event in the past, and a resolution should be a Samanayr-related goal or hope you'd like to achieve!

Rules

- Please just enter on the Sam forum or PI, not both places.
- There is a limit of one entry per person.
- You're welcome to edit your post at any time before the end date.
- You can choose to enter the draw for just one of them, or for both.
- The owner of the stallion will need to set up the Song for them. The owners can decide whether to keep it a pair Song or to allow other mares to join.

To enter the draw for Wrapped, please post I remember when... followed by your memory. To enter the draw for Revolution, please post In the coming year... followed by your resolution.

The draws will be open until March 16, 8pm PDT/March 17, 3:00 PI time - good luck!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Re: Festival - Memories and Resolutions

Post by Jennalyn »

I remember when... I won my lady Bard in the Samanayr design event. Kodyla have always been my favorite breed for their luxurious fur and fussy selves, but their rarity made them pretty much impossible to attain by normal means. And then here came this contest without a species restriction, and I knew it was my "only shot".

In the coming year... I'm really looking forward to the next Spring Fling! :P It's just. So fun.
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

I remember when... I found Sams on PI and stalked them for what seemed like forever before I finally won my sweet little Beat in a semi-custom event. I was so proud to finally own a Sam, and she's been through so much with me... she and her little family will always be my favorite part of my Sam "collection". :)

In the coming year... I'm looking forward to more breeding seasons! It's Leaf and Sunshine's turn, and I have my fingers crossed for pudgy/fluffy adorableness :D
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

I remember when... Puuka said yes!!!!! xD She helped me to start my fluffy butterfly movement! When she agreed to have Shimmer be the lead mare to her Chill. It was... the biggest squeal I think I have ever made! I have always been in LOVE with chill and for my mare to be his lead... well... It was a dream come true for me! She helped me to start my new addiction... I remember that :3

In the coming year... I'm looking forward to more babies! Everyone is having babies! XD Im looking forward to another splicing/breed event...I have plans... o.o;
Last edited by RikkuGirl on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

I remember when... I got my first baby, Dive of the Melting Glacier- I was (and am) so enthralled with her... she was also my first Sushi-drawn Samanayr, and she is perfect. From her pose, to her multicolored mane and tail, to her little buddy Chinook, her necklace- and of course, her "joker grin". It was also one of my first few months of being a part of Samanayrs- it's hard to believe it's already been over a year!

In the coming year... I hope to be able to put some of my skills to use and pull off some very big plans with the help of my dear accomplice Dapples. I hope that everything is wonderful for every member of this community this year!
Signature under construction!
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

-Squeals- I remember when you got her! xD You were SO happy. :3 It was a great memory for me too! It was chillings first baby!!! :D I was so happy and excited for you...That was a great time Seren ^^ -wiggles- I remember how you were... you were hopeful...but didnt REALLY think you were gonna win that time and then BLAMO! :D There she was ^o^ Truly a great memory!
My Sams!

amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

I remember when... the holiday cards were in the mail! It was so exciting seeing all the unique and creative cards arrive :). It was a great way to share the holiday spirit!

In the coming year... I hope to work on a couple of my personal Sam RP stories.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

I remember when... I got my first Sam, Rustle of the Willow's Tears, from Seren, and she was a little foal in the beginning, I died so much out of happiness and excitement because she was the most darling little thing, and then she grew up and I was completely blown away, her pose was (is) just so flowy and beautiful, and her little willow tree was just rolling with the pose with ultimate flow, and the flowers scattered all around just added to her beautiful-ness, and then the coloring of her 'rocks in water' theme for her body just completely amazing and for my first Sam she's just brilliant and I'm still in love and in awe with her. And I'm still thankful to Seren for giving her to me with her custom slot x3

In the coming year... Well, pretty much what Seren said, I have to agree to. Loads of plans, and I really want to work out some roleplays/stories for my little samlings, and to block out their personalities more definitely - and draw them all too. And babies I am planning and totally looking forward to <3 But besides that I hope everyone on Sams stay's safe and happy.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Cameron
Samanayr
Samanayr

Post by Cameron »

I remember when... Jenn asked if my mare Star of Summer Dusk would join a song as lead mare with her Triumph of Cobalt Seas. I was ecstatic! It was the first time I'd actually wanted to take the time to read up on songs and such, and I'm so so so glad that I said yes, because a few months later my Star and her Triumph gave me my precious little boy Dreams of Cobalt Summers. Who as of a few weeks ago formed his own song! I really kind of feel accomplished now that I look back on it all. <3

In the coming year... I'm looking forward to more and more events, especially ones that deal with babies!! <3 BUT I'd really like to start developing my sams a whole lot more.I think I've been lacking in that area. ^^ Mebe work on getting an avvie for the forums... >.>
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

I remember when...Glint was looking to start a new Song of the Rainbow. I had only really just started following Sams then and it was the first event I remember ever participating in. I'd fallen in love with the desert breed while looking at the site, and so when the contest allowed desert entries I had to choose that for my species. It was my first time designing a Sam and I wasn't sure quite what colors deserts could be so I felt sort of tentative about using green (even called it cactus green as I recall). And then the results were posted. I looked at the group image and sort of thought one of them looked similar to my entry. Scrolled down further to the congratulations and did a double take. It was my entry. My entry had been created as one of Glint's mares and I had my first Sam! I could hardly believe it and had to keep rereading Sushi's post and Bloom's cert to convince myself that it was real and she was mine. Since then I've gathered quite the little group, but Bloom will always hold a special place in my heart.

In the coming year...I would love a chance to bring another of my old RP characters to life as a Minayr. A six inch tall fairy dragon (wyvern really) with the ability to teleport within her line of sight? Ever since the species was introduced it seemed like a perfect fit for her! Then she can join Wink and Misery of the Broken Stone here in the Sam's world! I keep hoping to see Mins appearing in the custom page one day...
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

I remember when ... I jokingly asked sushi how many feathers she could fit on a sam during one of the early ustreams and in answer she doodled a ball of feathers with a face in the corner of her page. I feel in love and I sent her a PM about possibly buying Featherspolsion, as he was known back then, to turn into a sam and she told me it would depend on if she could ink it without messing it up. A few days later she got back to me with a price and asked me what sort of colors I was thinking of. Plume showed up in my inbox a few weeks later with a little blurb about his elemental type and became the favorite of all my sams <3

In the coming year... I hope to finally have the right pair and enough modiems to breed a new species - one that I designed and have been planning for the better part of 3 years. When I won Recoil I knew she was the perfect mare for my plans and with any luck I might be able to nab her mate soon.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

I remember when ... I got my first sam. I was a kid who used AOL and made websites on Angelfire. Saved my sam as an .art file and wrote up a little ridiculous page for her. I loved Sushi's sams - tapped into my obsession with unicorns and horses in general - and until a lot of adoption agencies at the time, her creations were unique. I've said this a few times, but it's been so great re-discovering the Hotsprings and seeing the sams still going strong.

In the coming year... I'd like to try Rping. I was an RP fiend once, but in the last few years I haven't really found the time. I love reading everyone else's RPs and would love to give it a go myself.
Puuka
Fluffy
Fluffy
Favorite Sam species: Healer, Illiyar, Rider

Post by Puuka »

I remember when ... I attended my very first 'Sushi Draws' u-stream and to my utter delight won Healer of the Shattered Spirits. She was my second Sam and is still one of my very favorites. Second only to her Son, Treader.

In the coming year... I would love to participate in some RP since I haven't really done any in a couple of years. I'd also like to see some of my pairing/ breeding dreams come true, and acquire a fully custom Illiayr as they're my favorite species.
I just reached a personal milestone with my Sams and received my 20th (a foal of Healer!) and am looking forward to my next milestone of 30! :D
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I loved reading through all of the memories and resolutions for this event :D Thank you so much for sharing! I guess I need to do some more breedings and some world-buildling to help some of you out, eh? XD

For my part, one of my fondest memories is restarting Samanayrs after they'd been on hiatus for a while as I'd been running Glassgryphs instead. I got the urge to start drawing them again and then found myself redesigning the website, and creating the tradeable item/modiem system, and organizing all of the traits for the traits page.. I love doing stuff like that! I was so worried I'd do all of this work and that nobody would participate, but when I was done, there you were :D I've always loved the Samanayr community and been amazed by those of you who've been there over the years, putting up with my occasional incompetence and flakiness XD; Thank you to everyone for playing in my world!

As for resolutions, I'm probably not going to have as much time as I'd like in the coming year, but I definitely want to work on world-building and roleplaying. I have a lot in my head that I need to get on to paper!

And our winners! Revolution is going home with AsaraDragon and Wrapped is going home with Jennalyn :D Congrats!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Re: Festival - Memories and Resolutions - results!

Post by Jaes »

Eee congrats guys!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

hehe congratulations you two!!
And Sushi, yours was cute too- world building would be quite epic if I may say so myself!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

Congrats!
Image Image Image Image Image
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Congrats you twoooo! :D <3333
My Sams!

AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Fweep! *gleesplosion* Congrats Jenn! I think we have some plotting to do :D
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3