Chasing Rainbows [Results Page 2]

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Re: Chasing Rainbows [Photo Scavenger Hunt]

Post by Echos »

1) Red - felt pin
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g303/ ... af380c.jpg
2) Orange - kangaroo pot thing, seriously I don't know
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g303/ ... 6e6d19.jpg
3) Yellow - Banana slug!
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g303/ ... f37398.jpg
4) Green - feather butterfly
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g303/ ... 320dbe.jpg
5) Blue - birdy garland
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g303/ ... fa4724.jpg
6) Purple - duck wing, cause apparently I collect dead things...
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g303/ ... f7b18a.jpg
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

Jaes wrote: Settlers of Catan? I love that game! I credit it for getting me addicted to playing boardgames. Awesome, awesome game. The other ones in your pic look awesome too! :lol:
*laughs* Definitely can't go wrong with Settlers! Though, if you want a sure-fire way to beat me, play with the Seafarer's extension there- I'll invariably try to discover all of the islands, even if that means ignoring the whole point of the game. :P Yay for boardgames!
Pristine
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Pristine »

Forget Settlers, it's all about Carcassonne :D You can't ever go wrong with Meeples!

My father is a board game - esp. German board games - nut and it rubbed off on me a little bit ;P

We had some rain-amidst-sun while I was driving to my DnD campaign yesterday, but no matter what way I craned my neck, I absolutely did not see a single rainbow. Very disappointing but at least I got the rest of the scav hunt done :) Congrats to everyone who managed to see a rainbow!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

@kentouma - maybe we saw the same one?! :P (impossible if you werent in orlando fl... but its a happy thought. ^o^) i really like those ones.... darn i shoulda made my franken form with rainbow circles pattern! D8 next time!
-------

loved the pictures guys :) such diversity in taste....i was gonna put a picture of my new bright orage sweater buuuuut it was in the car and it was raining soooo...i said no. lol. my sisters house is filled with halloween and disney stuff so.. thats where all but my pencil came from. lol yay for my only item! lol

it is a shame not everyone could find a rainbow :( i luck out, they are always around in florida!

mmmm i love candyland. ^o^;;;; but im not a big game board buff... :/ they tend to lose all their pieces... and puzzles.. -_- forget about it...
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Janalee »

Pristine wrote:Forget Settlers, it's all about Carcassonne :D You can't ever go wrong with Meeples!
Oh, there's definitely a reason Carcassonne is in the picture too! :D I will probably never say no to a game that has the potential for a catapult in it. If you like the Meeples best though, how do you feel about...Catan Camels?! *grins* I think they may have my vote for favorite board game piece...and one day, I may even learn how to use them. XP

RikkuGirl wrote:mmmm i love candyland. ^o^;;;; but im not a big game board buff... :/ they tend to lose all their pieces... and puzzles.. -_- forget about it...
There's nothing wrong with just liking Candyland! Classic games are usually classic for a reason. ^^ And puzzles are a whole other kind of beast...though, I do love them too. I'm pretty sure from my list so far that everyone can just assume that I like anything that will let me procrastinate... ;)
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

Pristine wrote:Forget Settlers, it's all about Carcassonne :D You can't ever go wrong with Meeples!

My father is a board game - esp. German board games - nut and it rubbed off on me a little bit ;P

We had some rain-amidst-sun while I was driving to my DnD campaign yesterday, but no matter what way I craned my neck, I absolutely did not see a single rainbow. Very disappointing but at least I got the rest of the scav hunt done :) Congrats to everyone who managed to see a rainbow!
Cool, I'll try out Carcassonne. Always on the look out for more games!

And hey, another DnD fan! :D I've actually been amusing myself at work thinking about how to run a campaign with samanayrs. :lol: Like, which class each species would be, how powers would work...
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

procrastination ftw! *highfives janalee*
My Sams!

Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

Jaes wrote:

Cool, I'll try out Carcassonne. Always on the look out for more games!

And hey, another DnD fan! :D I've actually been amusing myself at work thinking about how to run a campaign with samanayrs. :lol: Like, which class each species would be, how powers would work...
DnD ftw. xD I was actually trying to get to bed on time last night to try and recover from the travel tiredness, but my brother kept me up on the phone designing my new character for his Pathfinder game (which I thoroughly enjoyed, don't get me wrong!)

Sams as classes and races... ooh that's fun...
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

What marvelously colorful pictures you all found! I've randomized the entries and the grand prize winners are Silvermoondragon and Kentouma
The stallion, Lingering of the Autumn Peridot, belongs to Silvermoondragon and the mare, Ruby of the Kindled Summer belongs to Kentouma!

The three lucky sky-watchers who found real rainbows, Kentouma, Janalee and RikkuGirl, will all receive Semi-custom tokens!
Image Image Image
And participation prizes are as follows

Jennalyn - Species Image
SilverDapples - Trait Image
Jaes - Pattern Image
Kentouma - Color Image
Pristine- Pattern Image
Janalee - Trait Image
Silvermoondragon - Breeding Image
Origami_Dragon - Species Image
Seren - Color Image
RikkuGirl - Breeding Image
Echos - Rarity Image

Thanks for playing everyone, and I hope you all had fun! Prizes will be added to your inventories as Sushi has time. :D
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Re: Chasing Rainbows [Results Page 2]

Post by SilverDapples »

Wooo congrats everyone!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pristine
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Pristine »

Wow, congrats to all of the winners, those are some awesome prizes! :D

Thank you very much for the fun event, amazondreamer!!! :)

Janalee, re: your Catan Camels... those are adorable. I love little game pieces :D One of my favorite board games in my dad's collection is Through the Desert, a game where you make caravans of camels... and there are little people pieces to denote which camels belong to you, and they totally ride the camels. :D Here, clicky!

And re: DnD, I'm lucky to have gotten into it a couple of years ago. I started with 3.5 and right now I'm in two campaigns, a 3.5 and a 4e, and I've considered running a campaign with pony races. I actually created 3.5e pony races already:
http://www.forlornmists.com/?page_id=316
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Janalee »

*looks at the adorable little camels*
*looks at the even more adorable little people riding the little camels*
All right, I know someone who's going to go talk to the people in the game store after class. :D Thanks for mentioning that game Pristine! It looks amazing.

And hehe! *hugs her Semi-custom token and Trait modiem* Thanks so much Amazon, and congrats to the other winners!
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Congrats you guys im uber jealous! that pair is just.... gorgeous C:

and..

WOW! I wasnt expecting that! :D My first semi custom token! -wiggles- I might keep this for christmas plans >_> ~*Shifty eyes*~ <_< and im so happy for my random modium too! Thank you so much amazondreamer, that event was so much fun!!

(Even though I scrapped my entry in under the deadline^^; I had my rainbow picture since 2 days after it was posted... I had been going outside after every rain storm... and in florida.. THATS ALOT! lucked out and got it! Almost didnt get my pictures in, in time because my best friend had surprised me by coming up to see me and thwarted most of my plans!)

c:

Thank you, very much again <333

Oh and. CAMELS!!! :D Those are so adorable! xD I want to play that game now!! -wiggles-
My Sams!

silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Hooray! Lingering was my favourite of the two and I won him :)

@Kentouma - Cool, I didn't know there were other colours! I got mine as a gift so I'm not entirely sure where he came from, but I can tell you what the tag says: Douglas the Cuddle Toy, and it gave a website too: http://www.douglascuddletoy.com

Also, since you won the mare, we need to discuss a Song for the two of them! I was thinking the song name should be something to do with rainbows.
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Yay, congrats everyone! Those are some great prizes :) And great pictures, I didn't realize how many gamers we had around here! I play D&D a little, my husband runs a 4e family campaign every couple of weeks. We're playing this weekend, in fact. We play board games quite a lot too, my brother-in-law has Settlers of Catan. :) My favorite of the ones we have is Ticket to Ride. I love all the little trains!
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Kentouma
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Kentouma »

Eee! XD This is actually my first sam that wasn't from a semi-custom token... I am sooo excited! I love her color combos, and the wings and foot feathers! XD She's actually my preferred sam from the pair too, so that's like karmic alignment or something! XD

And a new semi! AND a modiem! *wriggles*

Yeah, there used to be a couple other colors, but my gold and blue ones are up on the site for sale with the red one still.... there used to be a purple and green one and one other color at least, but I haven't been able to find them. :( They're named after gemstones too. The red is ruby, the blue jade, the gold is topaz. The other colors may not have been from the same set, I suppose though... I know they have the same pattern and exist since I saw them around the boardwalk... but no matter what I've never seen them listed with the other three, which show up together all the time!

And yes, songs... uh.. well rainbows from the contest... or gemstones/seasons, like their names if you want to have a theme for any additional mares. Like Jeweled Seasons or Seasonal Gems... or Song of Glittering Rainbows or Rainbow Seasons... Or Jeweled Rainbow/Rainbow Jewels....

This'll be my first song mare, and I've never had a stallion yet to consider it, so I'm not sure how it's usually done... Do you have any specific ideas as to the song name? I'd prefer to be asked before she's used to breed.

And nope, definitely not the same one Rikku, I'm faaaaaaaar north of you! XD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

Congrats winner! That pair is beautiful - can't wait to see their foals. And thanks for the modiem, amazondreamer!

Good to see more gamers out there! Though it really shouldn't surprise me that all you wonderful people would have cool hobbies. :mrgreen: I love those little camels, Pristine. I'm a sucker for little figurines. With all these gamers, we should really run a campaign! We already have a setting and with Pristine's pony race rules, the thing's practically already written.