Choose Your Own Adventure: Wayfarer

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure: Wayfarer

Post by Jaes »

The Lamanayr slowly blinked her jet black eyes in contemplation of this announcement, and as Wayfarer waited her impatience grew, re-energizing her weary wings. "Well what ayre we waiting foyr?" she asked, and with an excited bounce and twist she was facing the opening to the cavern, beckoning Lamanayr to follow. "Let's go find him togetheyr!"
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

"My mother sent you? And she wants me to find my father?" the Lamanayr stared at her incredulously before continuing, "Usually she doesn't speak to anyone, to be honest, I'm surprised she even met my father in the first place."

Wayfarer sat down, glad to have a little time to rest her wings while she listened to the mare tell her story.
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

The Lamanayr mare tilted her head as a warm smile broke across her face. Teasingly, she nearly sang, "Well, I do have a motheyr and fatheyr, so it could be me you'yre looking foyr!" While she may have gotten her finned ears from the Elemental, she certainly didn't get her good-nature from her, and Wayfarer found herself wishing that this mare might ask her to join in the adventure...after a bit of a rest, hopefully. The smile turned into a confused one though as the mare continued, "But, whateveyr did she need me to find him foyr?" Yeah, it would have been useful to have asked a few questions before taking off on this quest- would the one sentence really be enough to get the mare to search? And would Wayfarer get the scale back if she refused?
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

silvermoondragon wrote:"My mother sent you? And she wants me to find my father?" the Lamanayr stared at her incredulously before continuing, "Usually she doesn't speak to anyone, to be honest, I'm surprised she even met my father in the first place."

Wayfarer sat down, glad to have a little time to rest her wings while she listened to the mare tell her story.
The Lamanayr paced slowly around her little cliffside den, pulling out a pack and slowly gathering items as she spoke. (Wayfarer coveted that pack, she really did. She'd need to find herself one of those so that she could actually keep trinkets she found.)

"My fatheyr is a Scout, actually, and in high demand ayround an island ayrea a few days' tyravel fyrom heyre. He's gone foyr long styretches of time. Motheyr is his lead mayre and most of my aunts live neayr heyre as well. She can't usually be botheyred to conceyrn heyrself with the tyrivial day-to-day the yrest of us have to deal with, so theyre must be good yreason why she needs him to come home, whateveyr it is. Maybe foyr one of the otheyrs. They're all aquatic too so none of them can yreally... go afteyr him if he's oveyr land."

While she elaborated on her decidedly unusual family situation, the mare had gathered herself provisions for at least a few days' flight and deftly slung the pack around her limbs. Once she'd kitted herself up, she shifted everything into place and squinted out past the Sa'grisayr to evaluate the sky.

"Good weatheyr. Let's hope it holds. Thank you foyr deliveyring the message- oh." She seemed surprised. "I neveyr actually got youyr name. You can call me Settleyr - Scout Settleyr of the yRocky Shoyres. Give my yregayrds to Motheyr and the otheyrs if you see them."

Wayfarer introduced herself, said goodbye... and with that, the mare left.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Wayfarer sat there, still in awe of the adventures she endured over such a short time. She inhales deeply and sighs out, feeling her wings shutter from their constant use. "Now... back to my scale!" With that she shot from the den and road the wind down to the waters below, the prize worth aching wings. "I DID IT!!" She squealed, hoping the elemental would apear below.
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Wayfarer was proud of herself for completing the Elemental's task, and while she couldn't wait to get back and retrieve her scale, it felt so good to let her wings rest, she thought she might take a small break before returning to the skies. The next thing she knew, she was awakened by a crack of thunder right outside Settler's cave! She peered out to see the skies black with storm clouds, and wind whipping the water around like a toy... how was she going to fly in THIS???
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

As interesting as Settler's home was, Wayfarer didn't want to stay after the other sam had left (though Settler did have some very interesting baubles and shiny stones around!) and so she clamored out and then glided slowly back down to the beach. When she finally reached it, she dropped onto the sand, which was warm around her claws, and stretched her tired wings in the sun - Just for a moment's rest. A splash over the sound of rolling waves caught her attention and she saw the elemental's head peak up over the water. Excitedly she leapt back into the air and circled the elemental, calling out with a grin, "I did it!"
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

What a whirlwind! But being a scout seemed like fun, just the kind of adventurous life she'd love... Maybe, once she got her scale back, she'd stick around and ask Settleyr more questions. Her claws itched to pick up all the interesting (and often shiny) baubles scattered around the cave and hear stories about the epic quests they came from. But first things first! Grinning excitedly, Wayfarer threw herself out of the room on tired wings and skimmed the surface of the water, calling out loudly to the Elemental as she went in the hopes of attracting it's attention.
"Hey! Heeeey! I did it! Can I have it back now??"
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

Wayfarer watched Settler dispear in the distance. Then dhe realized she had done ehat the elemental asked and got so excited that she forgot about her wings hurting snd shot out of the den with great haste. She caught a nice wing current and glided for a bit and then relized something didnt feel right. "It feels like I'm being watched" she said to herself. What is this uneasy feeling?
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

She watched the Scout go with a look of amazement - and a bit of jealousy over her convenient pack. Wayfarer looked at the Lamanayr's home, carefully working her way to the very edge of the cliff to look down at the water. Her wings ached, but the weather was still holding and she <i>needed</i> to get her scale back. She needed to tell the elemental mare that she had given the message to her daughter just to get her scale back! There was no time to delay - not even for recuperating. She lept off the cliff-side, flying back to the place where she had left the elemental mare -and her scale- behind.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Jaes wrote:As interesting as Settler's home was, Wayfarer didn't want to stay after the other sam had left (though Settler did have some very interesting baubles and shiny stones around!) and so she clamored out and then glided slowly back down to the beach. When she finally reached it, she dropped onto the sand, which was warm around her claws, and stretched her tired wings in the sun - Just for a moment's rest. A splash over the sound of rolling waves caught her attention and she saw the elemental's head peak up over the water. Excitedly she leapt back into the air and circled the elemental, calling out with a grin, "I did it!"
The Elemental raised herself up on the crest of a wave and held it in place, the water hovering in midair just before the breaking point while the rest of the ocean rolled forward around it.

"Yes, I see. Veyry good. Heyre is youyr bauble." A mare of her word, she returned the scale to Wayfarer by way of magic bubble - a bauble in a bubble, and wasn't this a story!

A story that would have to go on pause, judging from the small cramps shooting up around the Sa'grisayr's shoulders. It was time to find a place to rest for a few hours! Then... who knew?

END
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Thank you for playing, everyone! I had a lot of fun with this event, even if there was a bit of a lull in there, and I loved telling the beginning of Wayfarer's story with your help. <3

I would really appreciate feedback from anyone who participated in the event, since there's another three of them to come featuring Wayfarer's sisters. I think I'm going to rephrase the length rule into "anywhere from a sentence to one short paragraph", since I don't want to reply to a novel but I also don't want to be too restrictive. Does that sound fair? What else might improve the event?

There's a tie for winners, so I flipped a coin and Wayfarer will be journeying on with AsaraDragon. Here she is!

Beak, Feathered Wings, Cheek Feathers, Pure Black Eyes, Draconic Tail, Talons, Thick Horns, Hairless, Sharp Hooves, Lapideus

And since there was a tie, I'm giving silvermoondragon one of Wayfarer's stray feathers from my own inventory. <3

THE STORY BEHIND THESE SISTERS is that they all represent my sewing machines. They were commissioned from Sushi for me to frame and hang in my little sewing corner. Since I'll own their pretty selves IRL, I figured why not gift their forum-selves for other users to enjoy? All of them have actual silver beaks, talons, and tail tips from their sire.

Wayfarer is my Rocketeer - my Singer 500A, "Amelia".
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

The length would be nice, not huge, but I for one would love to be able to write like 5-7 sentences. XD

She's so cute! I love that post and those colors are so nice. I can't wait to see the future ones! :3 (I remember this stream x3)
Signature under construction!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

She looks wonderful! Congrats Asara! I'm really excited to see the other ladies X'D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

congrats guys!!! ^o^ shes so gorgeous.

thanks for the fun jennalyn!!!
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

Yeah sounds great on the rules for next time. I have a hunch most will do the small paragraph. lol I tried to keep it simple but i think i did too simple >.< oh well still learning the RP world. xP

Congrats to the winners. WOOT WOOT ^_^
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Ooooh, she is gorgeous with all of her colors on! Thank you SO much Jenn, I can't tell you how much this has cheered me up.

I had do much fun with this, and I am looking forward to meeting her sisters as well. I will definitely enjoy being able to write more, though it was good mental exercise trying to compress everything I wanted to say into three sentences :)
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

She's such a pretty Sa'grisayr, I can't wait to see all her sisters! Congratulations Asara, and thanks Jennalyn for the Lamanayr feather!

I think the length change is a good idea, since we kind-of ended up going with longer than 2-3 sentences most of the time anyway...

My one regret is that we never found the source of the glowing scale! Perhaps in one of the other stories...
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

One of her sisters may end up uncovering more about the mysterious glowing scale. :3 Depends how the adventures go!

I'm looking forward to starting the next one, but it will have to wait until sometime in August due to moving in... less than a week and a half... o__o Oh dear. I'm glad I'm only moving the contents of one (very full) room rather than entire house, but still, it's a lot to do. On the same day as my brother's gf's birthday party. That we're holding at our house (the one I'm moving out of). On a weekday. For her family who are apparently difficult people. Haaaah... the fun.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

Jennalyn wrote:One of her sisters may end up uncovering more about the mysterious glowing scale. :3 Depends how the adventures go!

I'm looking forward to starting the next one, but it will have to wait until sometime in August due to moving in... less than a week and a half... o__o Oh dear. I'm glad I'm only moving the contents of one (very full) room rather than entire house, but still, it's a lot to do. On the same day as my brother's gf's birthday party. That we're holding at our house (the one I'm moving out of). On a weekday. For her family who are apparently difficult people. Haaaah... the fun.
Oooh that's a kick in the gut. good luck Jenn! I'm sure with you hosting, it'll be a wonderful party!
Signature under construction!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Well now I'm even more excited for the other girls!

And Yikes Jenn, I hope moving goes well cuz eep moving things... *shudders* Good luck.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Yaaay moving! Good luck with that.. and the rest of your week XD
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog