Choose Your Own Adventure: Wayfarer

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure: Wayfarer

Post by RikkuGirl »

It was an elemental!!! Wayfarers heart pounded as she watched the sam surf, its gorgeous colors sparkling in the suns light. She flew fast, trying to keep up with it as it surfed the waves. She dove into acrobatics to show off, proving she could surf the sky.
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

She looked at the newer sam with her head tilted. She wasn't sure exactly what kind of sam it was? Was it a ele or regular aquatic she was baffled, BUT too excited inside to care. She went to ask the new sam a question and......
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

The Samanayr riding the waves was a thing to behold, as it seemed to ride so easily on the roaring thrum of natural power. What was it? Aquatic, elemental? How was one supposed to tell! Its body sparkled in a way that she'd never seen before - it was enchanting, so enchanting that as she banked around, she almost didn't notice that she was headed straight for the crest of the wave.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

Wayfarer's excited chirp was lost in the crashing waves as she flew down low, her feet skimming the water as she tried to keep up with the beautifully finned samanayr - what a race it was! She twirled and splashed over the white foam as the aquatic sam's back arched up through the blue sea until suddenly she spotted an island rising up over the sparkling water. A good finish line... and maybe a good place to rest!
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

For a moment, Wayfarer's mind ran wild with visions of how different life could be under the sea, flying through water rather than air. She was so caught up in this fantasy, that she decided she just had to meet and ask this aquatic Samanayr everything he or she knew! So caught up in fact, that she completely forgot it was sea underneath her and was rather surprised when the "ground" gave way on her as she tried to land.
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

RikkuGirl wrote:It was an elemental!!! Wayfarers heart pounded as she watched the sam surf, its gorgeous colors sparkling in the suns light. She flew fast, trying to keep up with it as it surfed the waves. She dove into acrobatics to show off, proving she could surf the sky.
She flipped and dove and showed off shamelessly for the beautiful silver Samanayr. After a particularly daring dip-and-soar, she peeked beneath her wing and was intensely gratified to find that it had stopped to watch her!

A few minutes later and her wings ached from the strain of an impromptu aerial routine after such a long flight, but she held it together and swerved down low enough to hold a good distance above the rolling surface. The smooth-eyed Elemental had swum away from the breaking surf and back towards open water in order to watch her curious display.

"Did you like it?" she called out, trying not to pant so obviously.

It stayed silent for a long moment, long enough that Wayfarer began to worry whether or not it would speak at all. The water rolled over its smooth, shining scales on the way to shore and she heard nothing but the breaking surf and the cry of a few distant birds.

Finally it spoke. "You dyropped something. While you weyre upside down."
Last edited by Jennalyn on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

"I dyro...?" As she started to reply she found herself checking for her scale, it was gone! "oh..no no no...! My scale.." Her face turned sad as she realized her treasure had been lost. She eyed the slick elemental and spoke softly.. "Did you see wheyre?.."
Last edited by RikkuGirl on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Sams!

silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

With a soft squeak of dismay, Wayfarer reached for the place she had safely tucked away her scale. It was gone.

"Oh no! My scale! May I have it back?" she called out slightly panicked before realizing she should maybe be a little more polite to this Samanayr she had only just met, "please?"
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Wayfarer frantically checked her belongings to see what was missing. She had packed a few things as mementos of her parents, and would be heartbroken if one of them was missing... she wanted to have adventures, after all, not leave her entire past behind her.

"Did you see what it was or wheyre it went??", she asked the elemental, more than a hint of panic in her voice, try as she might to act nonchalant.
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

silvermoondragon wrote:With a soft squeak of dismay, Wayfarer reached for the place she had safely tucked away her scale. It was gone.

"Oh no! My scale! May I have it back?" she called out slightly panicked before realizing she should maybe be a little more polite to this Samanayr she had only just met, "please?"
The Elemental watched her for another long moment, leaving her more and more worried that it would just leave.

And then it did!

Wayfarer let out a cry of dismay as the sleek-skinned creature disappeared beneath the waves. She circled, calling out to it in apology - had she offended it? But she'd been so polite!

It reappeared a little ways from where it had started, something small and glowing balanced in a bubble of water on the tip of its muzzle.

The 'grisayr nearly froze in relief, except doing that would mean plummeting into the salty water, which seemed like a
very bad idea in all senses. Magic never ceased to amaze her, however. None of her aunts had been magic, nor her sire, and the one time a Wandering Earth Mystic had stopped by their Song - accompanied by a young Earth Elemental filly! - had been the most incredible thing she'd seen in her life.

Maybe until now.

"May I pleeeeease have it back?" she asked, trying to sound more ingratiating that wheedling and not entirely sure she succeeded.
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Just as a general note, I'm adding to the rules that these will stop after about 10-15 replies back and forth. The short little "intro" story we all build will be a good launching point for each lady to join her new owner's life. I feel like that sets a safe enough limit on things.

Everyone's patience with my schedule is very much appreciated. <3 I'm having fun with this event!
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

The barest hint of an amused smirk flashed across the Elemental's face as it watched Wayfarer plead for her misplaced trinket. Slowly, the bubble of water and glowing scale began to float upwards, like firefly on a lazy summer evening. Wayfarer's heart skipped a beat as her worried panic turned into a gleeful wonder and she started to reach out with one talon in awe.
Codress
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Codress »

She gave a smile and a sigh of releaf that the sam found her treasure. Silence again came to the both of them as the scale was shinning in the sun with the sam going with the tide. Then the swimming sam went under again into the darkness. Wayfarer was sad once again but then she saw bubbles and.....
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

The Elemental let the bubble expand slightly upwards for a long moment while contemplating the mare's request. Though the action was hopeful enough, her inscrutable expression was much less so, and Wayfarer had to fight the urge to outright beg. As the moment passed, an equally inscrutable smile graced her face as she let the bubble burst with a soft 'plop,' sending the scale to just below the water's surface. Before Wayfarer had a chance to voice any indignation, the Elemental offered, "I'll return it to you, if you do something for me first."

(Elementals- all kind of jerks in my head? XP I love them so, though.)
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

Wayfarer's heart was thudding in her chest, so hard it felt as though she might knock all her own feathers off with its rattling- it may seem silly to want a scale back so badly, but with having three sisters and a full song back home, she rarely had anything that was just hers, just her secret- she already was attached to that scale, like a foal to its nest. She glanced back towards the distant shore before speaking up, her voice trembling a bit from nerves, as the Elemental regarded her with a sort of detached amusement, before speaking, "I'll tell you, little aiyr-diveyr. Accompany me to the ayrchipelago to the east and I shall retuyrn this scale to you." The bubble wobbled a bit on the tip of its muzzle, but never broke or fell.
Signature under construction!
AsaraDragon
Nemesis

Post by AsaraDragon »

The elemental seemed to ponder her request for a very long time.

"Wheyre did you find this?" it asked, "I have seen cyreatuyres with scales like this befoyre, and I wondeyr how it is that you have come to possess one. Tell me youyr tale, and peyrhaps I shall yretuyrn it."
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Janalee wrote:The Elemental let the bubble expand slightly upwards for a long moment while contemplating the mare's request. Though the action was hopeful enough, her inscrutable expression was much less so, and Wayfarer had to fight the urge to outright beg. As the moment passed, an equally inscrutable smile graced her face as she let the bubble burst with a soft 'plop,' sending the scale to just below the water's surface. Before Wayfarer had a chance to voice any indignation, the Elemental offered, "I'll return it to you, if you do something for me first."
Trying not to whine in the back of her throat, the 'grisayr mare flew up a few more feet to appraise the situation. If she dove, could she grab the scale? Maybe... but then she'd be wet. And in the water. And this kind of looked like a Water Elemental, so that seemed like a really bad idea all of a sudden.

"Alyriiiight?" she sighed, the word ending in a question. She didn't know much of anything about the scale, but it glowed prettily and perhaps she'd learn its mystery someday. She wanted it back!

The Elemental's eyes half-lidded as it watched her. "I have a daughteyr who lives in the cliffs to the west. They ayren't fayr, maybe an houyr's flight. Tyring to yreach heyr so high up is possible, but it would be easieyr with a messengeyr. I need heyr to go and find heyr siyre foyr me. He has been gone longeyr than usual. Deliveyr the message, yretuyrn, and the trinket is youyrs."
AsaraDragon
Nemesis

Post by AsaraDragon »

Wayfarer nodded quickly and sped off to the west, the sooner to return and get her prize back! As the cliffs drew near, she realized that she probably should have gotten more information from the elemental before hurrying away... she had no idea what its daughter looked like, and who knew how many samanayrs lived in the cliffs! This could prove more difficult than she originally thought...
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

She squealed with glee as the elemental gave her proposition. She loved to fly! Plus curiosity of the elementals spawn ravished her brain. She smiled warmly and spoke to the elemental "Deal! You can count on me!". With a flap of her wings and a simple loop, she shot up into the sky heading west, a message in mind. Not even thinking to ask for her name or description...
My Sams!

Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

Wayfarer practically squealed as she nodded and sped away, riding the ocean breezes towards the towering cliffs that hugged the shore- her mind excitedly buzzing with possibilities, when a particular thought leapt up at her....the elemental had said in the cliffs... not in the water. Was this an air Elemental she was meeting?! She quickly banked upon reaching the cliffs, peering around with excitement. Was she really going to have met three of the four main Elemental types by the time this trip was over?! Now just Fire remained!
Signature under construction!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

Adrenaline rushed through her as she made a noise that she hoped was a 'yes', her wings pumping hard. That was something she could do easy! Fly up to a cliffside home to see who knows what! Was her daughter an elemental too? She turned to the west and started to fly fast. She had to get her scale back - and maybe if she could find another special trinket to add to her hoard... well, she wouldn't say no!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Codress
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Codress »

Wayfarer stayed to get the rest of the information so she knew exactly what kind of sam she was looking gor. While the elemental was talking she was picturing the daughters image in her head. Once she got all the information she was on her way then relized she didnt have a name for either of them. But she shrugged it off and away she went. Once she got to the cliffs she took a small breather and then she heard something moving in the rocks. "What is that interesting noise?"
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

"How will I know you'll still be heyre when I get back," she replied, trying to keep the despair from her voice. The elemental just stared at her for a moment before disappearing beneath the waves, the soft glow of the scale fading into the dark depths of the sea.

Well, she had no choice now, it was off to the cliffs to start a new adventure to earn back her scale. Surely the Elemental would stay truthful to her offer and return it once she was done, right?
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

AsaraDragon wrote:Wayfarer nodded quickly and sped off to the west, the sooner to return and get her prize back! As the cliffs drew near, she realized that she probably should have gotten more information from the elemental before hurrying away... she had no idea what its daughter looked like, and who knew how many samanayrs lived in the cliffs! This could prove more difficult than she originally thought...
The beaches eventually became more rocky as the land rose up around them. Possibly these were the tail-end of the mountain range to the north that Wayfarer called home? She didn't know - geography had never really been her strong suit. She'd far preferred the air to the land.

Right about now, though, she could have done with a break from 'air'. Her wings ached in a way that told her she'd be stiff for the next few mornings whether she stretched or not.

Her task suddenly felt very real... and very daunting. How was she supposed to locate a single mare here? She flew up to the top of the cliffs and perched on a sturdy outcropping, listening for anything besides the rush of wind and waves and the cry of sea birds above and below. (She'd had to make sure to steer clear of their nests about midway up. Lots of birds. A couple wild dragonets.)

Eventually her ears pricked up at a sound. Musical. Music? A song? She listened more closely - the sound came from below. It didn't sound threatening, more of just an everyday "I'm singing because I feel like it, and also this is my home" sort of song.

Down she went!

A slow descent taxed her tired wings further, but it let her know quickly when she dipped below the source of the music. She quickly corrected and landed on a ledge not much bigger than the one she'd used above, but this one looked to conceal lead into a crevice within the cliffs.

"Hello?" she called out, unable to think of anything better to try. Immediately the music stopped.

After a long moment, a voice answered from within. "...hello?"

She waited. The voice waited. Eventually she grew impatient and wriggled her way into the crevice, where it quickly opened to a larger space. A Lamanayr mare greeted her in surprise with black eyes much like her own.

A Lamanayr with a fin tail and ears? Huh.

"Youyr, uh. Youyr motheyr needs you to find youyr fatheyr? I think? If you'yre the one I'm looking foyr?"
AsaraDragon
Nemesis

Post by AsaraDragon »

Everything about the Lamanayr's appearance seemed to deflate at once as she muttered to herself, "Ugh. Not AGAIN." followed by a lot of pacing and a long tirade under her breath, of which Wayfarer could only catch the occasional word, something about WINGS and STAYING THEYRE. After a few minutes of this, Wayfarer shifted uncomfortably and cleared her throat.. "So, um, that's the message youyr motheyr gave me... could I possibly botheyr you for a token of some soyrt to give heyr to pyrove I spoke with you... um, I yreally have to get going..." The Lamanayr leapt up into the air with a startled shriek, apparently during her rant she had forgotten all about the poor 'grisayr that had delivered the message in the first place!