Prehistoric (retro) cooking contest! Results page 2!

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: Prehistoric (retro) cooking contest!

Post by Sushidragon »

What a fun cooking contest! I loved seeing the variety of recipes everyone prepared - some delicious, some maybe not so delicious, and all with a history behind them! Here's my commentary while going through the entries XD

Janalee - I'm glad you got to try out your fun fish mold :D The dish looks so fun, and cream cheese, avocado, and pear actually sounds like an interesting combination!

Yildun - Aw, it's great you were able to get some assistance in the kitchen! My husband is the same way, he can more or less cook but never really does XD I looooove these cookies, I've made a variation before - so yummy! And no worries about the confirmation image, the username really just needs to be in one of the photos :D

silvermoondragon - Root beer jello sounds.. intriguing O_O That sounds tasty! And I'm sorry, but I laughed when I heard that it scared off the parrot XD If it's 'fruit flavors,' I wonder if it was originally prunes or something?!

Seren - This is going to sound really silly, but I always thought Wiener Schnitzel was something to do with, well, hot dogs XD; But this all sounds and looks delicious!

Echos - Another interesting avocado combination! I'm not sure you can go wrong with anything in a graham cracker pie crust, right? XD And I love your brother's reaction shots, what a sport XD

RikkuGirl - Hah, I never ended up doing my ‘entry' but I was totally going to go with salmon and cream of celery soup over biscuits XD Great minds think alike! But, ah, sorry it wasn't entirely to your taste ;D

CosmicDragon - I'm going through the entries while Mr Sushi is playing XBox and just yelled "AHHH! These ones are called 'lamingtons!' That's adorable!" and now he thinks I'm a lunatic XD So, if it's any consolation, you got to introduce us to an Australian classic and they sound and look really delicious? XD;

SilverDapples - Mmm, that does sound kind of like a Snickers! Sorry they weren't to your taste, I might

Orasteele - Wow, those are really cool! Like a waffle bowl, but.. totally different XD I'm going to have to give them a try!

And now, the results! A big thank you to Mr Sushi for helping with the judging, I needed the help!
First place goes to Janalee with the Double Pear Salad!

The runners-up are Echos with the Avocado, Pineapple, and Lime Jello Pie and RikkuGirl with Tuna 'n Waffles!

And our reaction shot random winner is Seren!
Congrats, everyone :D Janalee is first up with the prize pot!

As for the participation prizes, I'll be adding the modiems to everyone's inventories in the next day or two.. but what's this? The secret mystery prize? It looks, er, delicious! The Green Gelatin Dessert is a tradeable item worth 4 points :D
Thanks so much for your participation, everyone! What a fun cooking contest :D
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Yildun
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Minayr

Re: Prehistoric (retro) cooking contest! Results page 2!

Post by Yildun »

Yeah, to me cooking feels kind of overwhelming, I guess. Which is silly, since I can obviously do it as long as I follow the instructions. I get anxious over nothing, but then sometimes knowing the terminology can make a huge difference and it's still no fun to inadvertently ruin something. It was a fun contest though! I'm glad I entered (also I ended up eating most of the cookies myself. While I would have preferred sharing more of them with my family, that's not a downside in my opinion.)

Also, Lamingtons do sound super adorable, although it reminds me of Disgaea... And I think, based on concept alone, the root beer float pie was my favorite. :)

Congrats to everyone! XD
Image Pony Island Image `'..'` Image Image `'..'` Image Dragon Cave Image
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

Eeeee! I knew I loved that fish mold for a reason! :D Hehe, and I have to say, I love that Green Gelatin Dessert item too! I suspect I have more than a few Sams who'd rather eat it than use it in a trade... *dances ecstatically while holding it safely out of reach...and not particularly caring if that makes her even more ridiculous than normal* XP

Could I have the Rare Custom token, and Pursuer of Bygone Skies? As much as I adore Notch's markings, I just can't resist that clubbed tail. :D Thanks so, so much Sushi (and Mr. Sushi!), and congrats to the other winners!
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

AHA! My sister's terrifying facial expressions have granted me luck! XD She will be oh-so-glad to hear this... and I am so incredibly delighted! I haven't had a foal in ages! :D *snuggles breeding token* I'll need to think this over.... Thank you so so much! ^___^

And no, not quite. XD Wiener actually comes from "Vienna", which is where this particular style of Schnitzel originates from. :3
Signature under construction!
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

CONGRATS WINNERS!! Hopefully next time I will have some time to do it. ^_^ time time time i know right we all looking for it but it is here all the .....time! LOL had too he hee ^_^
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Now that Janalee has chosen, random has decided that Echos will go next :D

I'll be updating certs and adding items tonight, would do it during nap time but it'll be Frankensam time today!

I had been considering making the gelatin an item where it would make any foals from a breeding it was used on be entirely, or mostly, shades of green, but I figure there's already a lot of one-use items out there and not enough breedings XD;

@Yildun - If you're interested in trying out more cooking, slow cooker recipes are a great place to start! With most of them you just put everything in the slow cooker, turn it out, and then make sure you'll be around to turn it off when it's done XD
Image Image

tierasa
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Lamanayrs

Post by tierasa »

Wonderfully done everyone. I couldn't decide on a particular recipe and as I'd already won Question, I decided to sit this out. Congrats, all!
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

Such a hard choice but I'm going to have to take Blood. Dunkleosteus was my favorite in my fossil class <3
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

Congrats you guys!!
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

OMG yay!! Notch is mine then? *squeals* I am so happy. Thanks sushi, congrats everyone else!! That was a lot of fun!

o.o salmon... biscuits... idk, i bet thats way more scruptuous lol xD
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Congrats everyone, what a fun event :D I loved seeing everyone's recipes!
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Items have been added and certs updated :D
Image Image

CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

I've been away for a week, but a big belated CONGRATS to you all! :D I shall be stalking these prehistoric beauties, oyes.
CosmicDragon - I'm going through the entries while Mr Sushi is playing XBox and just yelled "AHHH! These ones are called 'lamingtons!' That's adorable!" and now he thinks I'm a lunatic XD So, if it's any consolation, you got to introduce us to an Australian classic and they sound and look really delicious? XD;
Yildun wrote:Also, Lamingtons do sound super adorable, although it reminds me of Disgaea...
Hehe, glad I could give you guys a giggle~ I wasn't sure what Disgaea was, so I looked it up and find it so cute that there's a character with that name! I never thought they'd be so tricky, we go and get these massive ones from the bakery all the time... So I thought it would be simple, heh. But they tasted great, and were gone way too quickly! ^-^
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor