Pizza Party?! (Winner Pg 2)

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Re: Pizza Party?!

Post by ElvenArcher »

How about a pronunciation guide?? Does that exist? I would love know if I am saying the names of the species correctly haha XD
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
Kentouma
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Kentouma »

*is cracking up over pizza*

Now you have me craving! I like mine well done with extra sauce... or with spicy sausage! *eyes freezer for ingredients* Unfortunately snowed in, no store trip for ingredients for me! XD
Puuka
Fluffy
Fluffy
Favorite Sam species: Healer, Illiyar, Rider

Post by Puuka »

The website looks amazing! I love it!
I really loved reading through all of the lore, history and information. I love the new database and how it scrolls on the left.
Everything is really lovely!

I love the pizza Sam too! She's adorable. lol!

My favorite pizza topping is feta cheese. :D
nightfeathers
Samanayr
Samanayr

Post by nightfeathers »

I noticed if you go from Info to anything under the Songs menu, the layout jumps a few pixels to the right. I dunno if that matters but there you are. XD New website looks really good!

Also favorite pizza topping is either pepperoni, sausage, and bacon, OR pineapple and pepperoni. It was a difficult choice. :shock:

EDIT to fix some typos
Novanight
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Novanight »

I really do love the new website and so far haven't seen any problems with it.

The only little thing I can think of is some type of back button for when you look at Lineage Trees. When ever I open then I have to use the back button in my browser to return to the past page, not a big deal beaker but a little odd with how streamlined the rest of the site is.

Also the Database Statistics page is just a ton of fun now. I didn't know that there where so few of curtion types of Sams.
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Stallion
ImageImage
Novanight
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Novanight »

Oh seems Boast of the Illustrious Sun (#1311) don't have a icon when you search for him in the database.

As for pizza, well I have a weakness for pineapple and bacon from time to time.
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Stallion
ImageImage
LBPhoenix
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by LBPhoenix »

Are all the species on the Species Page listed? I could've sworn there are new species still un-added to the list. *shrugs*

Anywho, I love Pineapple and mushrooms on my pizza! XD I also enjoy "white" pizza with that yummy white sauce with feta cheese and roasted tomatoes on top! Yummy!~
Faith is so much stronger than fear.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

Would it be possible to create a "no foals" search option for Songs? Since Sushi sometimes does a bonus chance of success for Songs without foals.
I see there's already an "Options" menu where you can search for Songs with "No Descriptions" or "My Songs" that would seem to be a good place to put it in- I just don't know how easy or hard it would be to make that a searchable feature.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

And with that, our Pizza Party comes to a close. There's a few niggling issues with scrollbars and such that still crop up here n' there, but will have to try n' tackle them again when I see them again.

Much thanks for pointing out problems and giving us suggestions. Going to add a few things to my to-do list for later and will have to talk to Sushi about a few others.

So the bits about more stats and possibly searching for songs with no foals and such has been heard, but may be a while before I get around to addressing them. Also, that layout jump is from the browser turning off its scrollbar, nightfeathers. I keep waffling on which I prefer with certain pages - my JS scrollbar or the browser scrollbars further off to the side. Aeronayrs haven't made it to the species page yet either. We'll get to them eventually though, along with the pets. ^^

Oh, and Nightfeathers managed to sneak off with a delectable slice on the rest of us. ~_^

Congrats, Nightfeathers! That's quite the unique Sam there. ^^

Last edited by Rythe on Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery

Re: Pizza Party?! (Winner Pg 2)

Post by ElvenArcher »

Congrats, Nightfeathers!!
Stallions
Mares
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Congrats NF!!! :D <3
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Not sure if this is still good to post on buuuuuttt...

I noticed that you cant click on any of the links to see the: Sire, Dam, current song, birth song, etc.

it gives you an error for every one.. just about. :/

Help?!
My Sams!

Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

Whoops. I did something silly and hard-coded the test page into most of those links. Fixed.

Thanks for pointing that out, RikkuGirl! ^^
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Still does it. :(

I checked the sams I have and I can't click the link and get to their song
My Sams!

Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

Eh, I ran into that problem during development when I was making constant updates and testing. At least with Chrome, sometimes the new .js file didn't get loaded in. I had to close the samanayrs.net page and clear the last hour of my browser history for it to pick up the new one.

Probably what's going wrong for you at this point. Probably.
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

Slight update -

For those of you secretly pining for the dropdown menu to have links proper so you can copy/bookmark/open in new tab from said menu, pine no longer, for I have fixed it.

Was actually just an artifact of early development and it only started to bother me recently. <.<

And then more work with scrollbars to try and eliminate that jarring layout shift when going between certain pages. Very mixed results there. Had to roll it completely back for IE, but other browsers should enjoy the fruits of those mixed results. Ugh, so much cheese. >.<

As always, do note me any issues you all run into~
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

So... The website wont let me edit my sams or songs. o.<;;;

Help???
My Sams!

Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

Whoops. I managed to repeat an old error when matching Account Names to Sam Owner names. On the bright side, I managed to repeat an old error when matching Account Names to Sam Owner names so it was easy to find n' fix. :P

Will get it sorted when Sushi is available for an upload. Sorry about that, and to everyone else with this problem. ^^'
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery

Post by ElvenArcher »

Question. :)

Will the old site always be available or is it just temporary. The new site just doesn't work on my phone very well. It works on the computer wonderfully but I don't always have computer access. :D
Stallions
Mares
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

And fixed, I hope. Didn't have time to test it, so if someone (without special permissions) could edit a Song and a Sam using the new website, I'd appreciate it.

But speaking of Songs, non-admin weren't able to edit them at all on the new website from the appearance of things. The Stallion Owner for Songs should have the little edit icon show up in the lower-right corner of the Song info card now. So much thanks for pointing your issues out, RikkuGirl! ^^

And I was able to add in a few other small fixes too.

The scroll buttons on species select boxes should work in Chrome now. (Giving <option> elements a width is a Bad Idea)

The error dialogue for the 'My Samanayrs' search option doesn't mention songs anymore...

And quick implemented page titles on the new website, so tabs, browsers history, favorites tags, and shortcuts should auto-display which page they're pointing to now. Their lack annoyed me a bit ago, but when Sushi mentioned it, finally took a moment to fix it. I'll be adding DB Search info into the page title at some point in the nearish future.
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

I was able to update my Sams without any problems! ^^ I did update a Song successfully as well, but only if I logged in and then stayed in the 'Members' section- if I tried to look at the Database or any other sections first, the editing icon would be missing, and I'd have to log out and back in again while on the Song page to make it come back. The icon would disappear again after updating the Song or a Sam, and I had to log out and in again to edit any more. *smiles and shrugs* I feel like there was a much better way to describe that, but hopefully it helps anyway!
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

Rest assured, ElvenArcher, we're planning on keeping the old site around. I actually have both sites pulling from the same source files for the most part. There's a few differences, such as separate My Stuff/Member Menu pages, and some item and lore info is only on the new site.

Making the new site more mobile friendly is on the to-do list even so.

Much thanks, Janalee! I know exactly what you're talking about there and will have it fixed up this evening. ^^

Oh, but between then and now, people can go to the 'My Stuff' page and put in their Song ID or Name into the text box at the top of the left-hand menu and then click the associated button. That should let them get to the edit page for Songs and Sams while the search page is a bit broken.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

:D I forgot that we could use the old site. lol that works great for adjusting my account stuff/sams. :D I havent tried the new site yet but I will. :) <333 thanks Rythe
My Sams!

Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

Quite welcome. And everything appears to be working with the new file now that I've had a chance to test it.

You may need to clear out about an hour of browser history for it to load in like I did, Jan and RG. The outdated Javascript files like to stick around on us...
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

PS: Got search page titles roughed in too, with one of the rougher parts being that blank Sam/Song searches don't generate a proper page title.

I believe I fixed a bug where the search page controls would sometimes start in the wrong spot (bottom of the page).

Implemented a page cleanup capability so pages can clean up after themselves. Notably, the fancy traits pages empties out the displayed traits so it transitions out at a proper speed. And your DB Search history clears out if you visit a Sam/Song Edit/Add page. Before, it was relying on you returning to a new search/exactly the same previous search to update the Sam/Song info cards. This reliably happened maybe three quarters of the time. (Which is why sometimes updates didn't look like they took when they actually did).

Also, the search page keeps a history of search results. To refresh a search, you either need to do it twice in a row or refresh the page completely. I forget if I mentioned that before.