Pride of the Forest

Engage in some good ol' freeform RP.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Re: Pride of the Forest

Post by Seren »

Her warnings, oh how he loved that tone of fire in her sweet tones, how fierce she was, fiercer than any cornered creature, what a perfect dam she would be for a foal... foals... His heart started beating wilder as this thought occurred, a thought he had never even begin to have thought of, as he struggled to swallow and form words, struck dumb by her words and her sweet expression.
"Only if... pyressed...." He mumbled, embarrassed at his lack of a good reply. His expression was rapt on her now, her expressive features as she spoke, shaking quietly as she spoke those words he longed to hear, and was amazed how heavenly they seemed, so much better than any dream.
His violet eyes softened, turning a paler tint of lavender as she asked the question. "Theyre's nothing wyrong.."
Never had someone answered his poetic language so perfectly, and matched what little wit he had and surpassed him. Her words, beautiful and fierce and poetic, left him stumbling in the dust, if it was such a race.
"You said I can't stand behind you, yet you leave me so fayr behind, with you in such a lead with youyr woyrds of the heayrt." He snorted softly and leaned down to touch noses with her, breathing out an earthy blow.
"I will stay. Foyreveyr. If you so wish it." His mane was tousled and dripping wet, eyes gleaming excitedly. "My... yRustle..."
Signature under construction!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

He watched her, the whole time she talked, he watched. Rustle should have felt embarrassed, she was acting quite out of the norm. She felt none of her quiet norm. She blinked little. He was still looking. "I think you take me too highly, my stallion. I am still only a mayre, I simply live in the woods and bask in my wateyrs." Rustle gave him an impish smile, slightly more 'risqué' then what she might have normally done for a smile. Her tightened muscles slowly relaxed when he touched their noses together and blew that earth laden blow. She slowly blew a fresh breath back as she continued to look into his eyes, his purple, gleaming eyes. Slowly Rustle breathed out. "I wish it."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Pride, caring, and some other deep indescrible feeling rushed up through him as she spoke those last words, his tongue darting out to stroke at her soft muzzle before he even thought of it, as he reared up and raced in a circled, kicking up his heels like a silly colt, laughing warmly and richly like sun rays as he paced about, flinging water up into the air with shining diamonds to seal his joy, sliding to a stop so a small wave pushed against her, grinning almost foolishly at her, as he sang in a low voice. "If you wish it, so it shall be, yRustle. Youyr name is like the singing of the tyrees." He felt a nudge like he knew he'd be incredibly embarrassed by his silly frantic frolicking, with colt-like abadoned, but he couldn't contain his excitement, so much better than the expedition or the hunts of past.
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Rustle's nose twitched happily at the tongue that flicked out to lick her muzzle, pressing into the lick silently. her bright blue eyes sparkled when she watched him rear and race, acting like a thrilled colt. Rustle couldn't help but laugh her chiming bell of a laugh. She leaned into the wave of water that pushed against her long and limber legs, beaming right back at the cute grin he shot so easily at her. "Wondeyrful!" Rustle snapped her teeth and started backing up, kicking up more of the startlingly clear water, her cloven hooves kicking up clouds of sand into the water. "I'll race you back," Her eyes sparkled still more at her 'mock' challenge, tossing her little willow's leaves like the horns of a bull.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

His excitement didn’t, couldn’t, fade yet, he was too charged with energy like lightning, crackling through his branches and causing him to leap up fully out of the water, tail flicking and laughing lightly by shaking his head back and forth, his mane waving and cracking in the air like flames, tossing his earthy bone crown, flicking ears. He landed with a thump and splash, trotting about her to nip at her leaves, burying his muzzle in the soothing scent of willow bark and fresh water, halting for a moment to soak in her presence, before backing up and rearing up, like he was about to nock an arrow, pawing at the air and beaming a silly victor’s grin, before gently settling back down into the clear running waters, eyeing her movements with bright eager eyes.
“Alyright, little naiad, but I won’t let you win!” He chuckled in a low voice, baring his teeth in amusement at her, swishing his tail excitedly. Secretly he wondered if he should let her win, not that she wasn't fast.
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Rustle watched still, not looking away as he charged around still, looking thrilled. She blinked when he nipped at her leaves, ears twitching, back and forth, keeping happily still at his stop. Slowly she watched him rear up in the funny way he did when he showed her his skill with the bow. Rustle pawed and tossed her head again, bringing even more clouds of murk up and along, to be dispersed again.
"I should hope you don't!" Rustle bared her teeth teasingly. "If you do I'll be veyry disappointed! Faiyr win." Rustle flicked her tail, slowly turning back to the way they came through the clear waters. She glanced at him, tipping her head to the side and smiling a brilliant sweet smile. "yReady when you ayre, my Pyride."
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

He jerked up his head to slowly wink a violet eye at her, purring happily and swishing his tail, pawing at the water excitedly. “Of couyrse I will not!” He flashed another grin to stride forward suddenly, throwing water up in her face, chuckling as he ran. “Theyre’s youyr answeyr!” He laughed uproariously while running through the stream, sending up sprays of water jetting into the air behind him, hoping inwardly that she wouldn’t be upset by his “cheating” head start, for he made it only to be kidding. He made a soft snuffling noise as he slowed some, waiting for her to catch up some.

(sorry it fails... XD)
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Rustle made a little squealing noise at the flash of water in her face. "Oh you'yre in foyr it stallion!" Rustle cried and immediately darted after her green and brown leafy stallion. Quickly she slid through the water she so often raced through on her own. She got closer, and closer, and then he slowed down. Immediately she sped up, racing past in and leaping out of the water in a flurry of long tufts and sparkling water. Half rearing as she raced, she slipped the quiver with its special arrow off of the branch it had been stationed on and galloped on. "Well?" She cried over her shoulder as she kicked up a patch of dirt. Let him catch her, for he certainly would, but perhaps he'd prolong this race through the woods, along the river.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

He saw her dappled pelt go flying past as she galloped through the shining waters, her mane and tail waving like a banner adorned with flowers. She moved through the water like a swam diving or soaring, he couldn't place which, and he found his eyes growing wider before he kicked it into high gear as she turned for the bank.
He was going to lose her! He growled low to himself, wanting to kick himself for slowing down, now she'd just keep running through the woods and he wouldn't see her again... the idea spurned him on to speed up and thunder up the bank, blinking at the absence of his bow and quiver and reared up, half laughing half snorting. "The hunt is on!"
He lunged over a log, galloping fast on her trail, snorting and grinning to himself, fanning his wings out as he chased her camouflaged form through the dappled shadows of the trees and shrubs.

(WHY YES IT IS A FAIL.)
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

He was a hunter. Of course he'd catch her. But that didn't mean she'd let off easy. Give him a long chase and make him work for his prize. Rustle laughed, once, and only once, and it would be the last noise she would make till she had been captured once more. Rustle nibbled some on the strong leather and string, it tasted just like he smelled.
Wonderful.
Rustle sped up again, leaping over a wide expanse of fallen dirt. It had been tunnels, but the ground grew weak, and fell. Rustle could not spare a moment to grieve at the hard work lost as she focused on not having her cloven hooves trip up on the growing masses of roots drugged up by rain. Mane, tail, little willow leaves, even the long colorful feathers were swept back at her 'speed'. Her ears faced back, twitching and quivering, listening to the sounds of what lay around her, behind and next to. She listened for her skilled hunter.
Ahead, ahead, and there it would be, safety, if she caught her break. A small and sparkling stream, one that fed in to the waters of her beloved river, gurgled ahead of her. Would he catch her? She didn't dare glance back. Of course he would. A splash, one of uncaring loudness, which she did not mind, sounded as she landed in the once clear waters. Up, up, follow the stream, how far did they run? The trees would soon clear, soon, and water would be brought forth, oh great fresh waters, and there, she'd be home, winning in her loss, delighting in this wild chase. Ferns lined the edges of this little water run, merely three feet off, at the least. They swished with the winds made by any body passing at speed, like on lookers cheering for the racers.
And it would only be mere seconds until the trees turned to willows of all shapes, kinds, and sizes, surrounding a lake, fed by a spring deep within the ground, as well as the travels of the elder twin to her sweet river. Many parts of the watery half of her home were shallow, finely dotted with the best of round rocks she'd ever found. Green, green grass, brilliant flowers dotting it all, quieting everything outside of the so serene place.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Her graceful rocking strides ate up the ground ahead, as she drifted through the sun-dappled shadows like a shimmering flashing spirit, her tail waving and snapping in the air as flowers littered across them like fallen snowflakes that never melted into the earthy streaks of her tail. She moved with the beauty of a flower and the grace of a bird.
She was the one who deserved the wings, wings like gossamer that shimmered in the sunlight, or feathered wings of a sparrow, to glide over her streams and flit about the treeline. His wings… they would be branching and beautiful, shielding her slim form from view. They’d be lined with bunches of blossoms that were pale moon-white with the faintest blush.

He tried to rush forward among the brush and grasses, thundering on solid ruby hooves against the earth, tail and mane waving like fiery flags. His nostrils flared as he bounded forward like a stag chasing his doe, grinning wide at the wind rush against his face. He leapt over the furrow littered with churned up roots, snorting at the natural trap that could have entangled his feet, feeling his crafted bow thump against his sides, raising his wings so it halted the swinging against him.
She was speeding up, a fainter darker dappled form of blue, white, and gray. She was like a Naiad, so tempting an allurist, so close and found in nature all about him, yet just out of reach. He felt a strength of the chase surge through his veins, leaping forward further and further, eating up the ground to draw in deep breaths, poet words coming panted from his lips.
“Too fayr is the futuyre that I may have you… Too long the past when I once did.”

He sped up, lowering his head to streak forward, mane waving in the breeze, antlers lowered some, eyeing her form as she came up closer, leaning forward to nip at the silken scarf of a tail that was so sweet-scented.
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Rustle let out a squeal of pleasure and delight at the feel of his teeth on her flowered tail. Almost immediately she stopped and spun around, looking at him with her bright blue eyes excitedly. "Why hello, my poet." she exclaimed in thrilled tones. She nibbled on the quiver as she started to back up, her eyes never leaving him as she did. "What do you want?" she asked innocently enough as she felt one green-white cloven-hoof slip into the cool waters she also called hers.

(XD SO MUCH FAIL XD I can't think)
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

He felt his maw grab ahold of her silky tail, sweet scented by scattered snowdrop blossoms, drinking in her scent with a song in his mind built upon the melody of her hooves, the rustle of her mane and tail, the rhythm of her breath, the vocals all from her sweet lark-song voice. He met her bright excited blues with his own purples that took on a twinkle like star just awakening in the twilight sky.
His eyes were pulled by the sound of her hoof gliding into water, to look around where they were, a fairyland practically out of storybook, a crystalline mirror of a lake built up from a spring, with branching trails of tears that were the streams, surrounded by groves of willows, sheltering and sweet in their melancholy weeping. The sky was almost as bright as the Naiad’s eyes, the water clear enough to see the pebbled bank that seemed so much like her hide. Ducks and other waterfowl glided across the serene scene, with dappled flashes of fish among them, a few turtles basking on the banks, frogs resting on the lily pads growing in little coves along the lake and streambeds.
How had no Samanayr found this paradise, full of creatures and plenty to feast upon, fruits and berries, grasses and flowers, making his stomach rumble loudly, as he slowly released his grip on her tail at the sight of such.
She belonged here, it was her sacred place, and he felt like the worst sort of trespasser, taking a slow step back, swishing his tail and flicking wildly. “I want you.” He said softly, delicately, like treading upon roses.
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Rustle watched him step back, and she tilted her slightly more weighed down head. A look of confusion crossed her sweet, and momentarily open face. Why did he have to step back? Rustle swallowed slowly, exhaling gently, listening to his words with perked ears. "Then you have me." She said finally, starting to step closer to him, paying no attention to the beautiful scene that swept around them. One she saw nearly every single day. She would look only at the stallion, holding out the quiver with care as she stared up at him. Her tail quivered and rustled as she lifted it, and then twitched it, the stallions swishing and flicking of his own tail making hers start to move. "Is... something wyrong?" She finally asked, her soft velvet lips quivering.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

He felt ashamed, his stomach twisting as he stared back at her, his violet eyes opened wide as he watched her, lips trembling softly like pale milky velvet. His quiver was being held out to him, as he stamped a hoof softly, growling out carefully. “Yes… something is wyrong…” He tossed his mane and shifted like a nervous racer, pawing at the earth as he grunted lower in his throat. “I don’t know what to do with you.” His lips curved up in an attempted smile as he stepped closer, pressing his muzzle to his quiver, pushing it back to her. “Would you… keep it foyr me… if I have you..?” He quivered, and suddenly pressed his lips to her forehead, rumbling softly in the back of his throat. “You ayre too faiyr foyr me, but I don’t want to let you go. Eveyr.” He pressed his forehead to her face, nuzzling her more.
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Rustle quivered as he pushed at the quiver, and slowly she pulled her head back. "What do you mean... do with me?" She blinked, and slowly put the quiver down next to her cloven hooves. Her huge blue eyes focused on him better, tilting her head just a hair, the little leaves fluttering out of her face. "I will keep it..." Her eyes followed him as he moved to press his lips to her soft furred forehead, pressing closer at the same time. "Good then, don't let me go, eveyr." Rustle nuzzled him back carefully and sweetly, pressing her head more into his forehead. "You will live with me?" She asked slowly, voice soft and light to any ears.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

“I want to…” His brow furrow, as he looked confused, staring around the beautiful landscape, so lovely, hazy like a dream. Like her. He blinked slowly, he could feel his breath, his own heart’s pounding, his muscles stretching. It felt real, to his body, but his mind couldn’t grasp it. He was so used to being alone, so used to being odd and talking in his head, was she just a figment of his mind? She was perfect, an ideal… but she was almost too good to be imagined by his slow mind!
Gah, he felt so stupid, going back and forth like this, murmuring out slowly. “Ayre you just a dyream?” His eyes were solemn, withdrawn, and almost sad. “I don’t want to wake up!” He said hurriedly, almost upset, pawing at the ground before dropping to a bow, not raising his head. “My Pyrincess, I will live with you, even if it means neveyr waking again.” Better to be lost in a dream then wake into reality.
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Rustle blinked up at him when he spoke first, in slow words. She tilted her head. She wasn't a dream, of course she wasn't, but... Wouldn't a dream her say the same thing? Rustle crinkled her nose. "I am not a dyream, I should think." She bobbed her head at his second set of words. She understood what he meant. Of course she did. Were the same thoughts racing through her head? Was she simply still lying under the massive old willow she claimed for her own? That muddled her, and her ears twitched, flopping slightly, looking thoughtful, and yet confused. "I wouldn't wish to wake.." She mumbled softly, and slowly lowered her head when he bowed, nibbling at his flame like forelock.
He was such a sweet stallion. He acted like he wanted nothing more then to please her. Oh how she wished she could find a way to tell him that he needn't be so worried. Maybe he expected her to expect too much of him? She wouldn't do that... "My Pyrince, my hunter, my poet." Rustle sighed softly and rubbed her head against his, her bright blue eyes shut. "You will not have to woyrry, tyrust me of that."
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

"I'm soyrry." His voice actually cracked, further embarrassing him, as he shook some quietly, pawing at the ground slowly. He raised himself to look her in the eye. "I've never been this... much of a woyrrieyr!" He growled out the words frustratedly, tossing his mane to fall over the side of his face at her nibbling, his lips trembling. "I want..." he felt the words blurt from his lips suddenly. "foals.... a foal as lovely as you... I'd pyrotect... and I'd be byravest foyr you!" He glanced down and scuffed a hoof, mumuring. "You know, if you want, next season... maybe..?"

(sorry its a short fail liebe!)
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Rustle blinked up at him and shook her head to his growls. Her tones were that of soothing, or at least her best attempts to be such, as she never found them quite that soothing. "It's alyright! You'll get betteyr, no?" She smiled lightly and bobbed her head, starting to nibble again. She stopped dead when he said foal. A foal? She? Mother one? She couldn't be a good mother! She'd mess up! Rustle took a few fast breaths. She didn't want to mess up! Especially with a living, breathing foal! "Oh," she finally managed out, eyes wide. "I...I would... only... only if... you... teach it poetyry." Rustle had dropped her head, slowly her eyes roamed up to peek up at him embarrassed like. She would love a foal...

(You know I had a weird dream where I was on the computer, it was breeding season, and I was like MOM PLEASSSE I NEED THIS!!! ... yeah... I dunno... I DEFINITELY thought it was real, which was freaky XD)
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

He looked at her face when she said those sweet words, practically beaming at her, his white and tan face alight with a cheerful sort of fiery gaze. His lips curved up in a smile, swishing his tail with excitement, shifting from hoof to hoof as he leaned closer, trying to press closer to her for a moment, breath warm and almost excited in his forest-like scent. His heart sped up, his breath increasing, after he had spoken the words, excited and embarrassed and scared all at the same time. He stared at her as she stammered, and his face fell. "You.... you don't want a foal with... by me?" He looked down as well, stuttering. "It was... a joke... I mean... soyrry... shouldn't have said anything... soyrry..." He felt the prickling in his eyes, and was struck dumb. How could.... why was he teary-eyed? How could such emotion be stirred in him by her?

(OMFJ THATS AWESOME! XD I've done stuff like that before, like I totally think its real. XD)
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

She couldn't help but be pleased at his reaction, he was so happy! She wiggled her flower bedecked tail around and then stopped, staring at him in silence. She didn't? Rustle's blue eyes went wider and wider. Why wouldn't she?! Suddenly Rustle sat down, without warning. She just sat, like a dog, and stared up at him, confusion crossing her tear filled eyes. "What do you mean, a joke?" She visibly shook as she looked up at him, her pretty little willow unable to hide her face from him, because of how she tipped her face up to see him. "I want one," She finally whispered out as the tears started to slide out of her wide blue eyes. They were of confusion and crushed happiness, mostly the little mot muddled herself up until she didn't understand something. It HAD been a big day for her, maybe she just needed a rest, like a reboot.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

His heart had dropped from his chest at the painful demolition of his newly fledged dreams, like a little bird who was stripped of its feathers and dropped to earth. He swallowed past the lump in his throat, and found that it was starting to choke him. He blinked slowly, looking torn, surprised when she sat down, his own eyes wide and confused, trying not to let his desire for foals pressure her, frantic that he may lose her due to his own desires. "P-please don't get upset yRustle, it's okay, we don't have to have foals!" His tone was desperate as he leaned closer, not knowing her true feelings.
Her next words shocked him, causing him to jerk his head back and step back, his eyes wide and full of innocent colt-like feelings. "I just... I thought.... you seemed... It's a joke because if you don't want them then I'd... I want you!" His voice was cracking, as he stumbled backward, limbs quaking, looking even more upset by the diamond tears rolling down her face.
"Don't cyry! If you cyry, I will..." Tears pricked at his eyes, how could he be so stupid and cruel to this mare he felt a deep bond with, the words passing his lips before he could think about them. "I love you!"
His eyes widened at his own words, plopping down like a dog in front of her, looking rather shocked by his own admittal, the words she had said slowly dawning on him. "I want one." Did that mean she really wants one? Or is she just trying to pacify him? Then why the tears?! The cove was so confused over the mix of guilt, confusion, and want that he just stared dumbly back, feeling like a tiny foal, to have a little tiny tear quivering at the end of his muzzle.

(.... my love just grew for you even more, for using mot. TERRIER FOREVER! *tackles in a hug*)
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Rustle stared at him when he said those words, "I love you!" Tears still swarmed down her cheeks, sapping her energy, starting to draw away these terribly confusing feelings of hurt. She listened, yet did not comprehend what he said, her ears still pushed forward. She watched as he plopped to the ground trembling and shaking, her little leaves rustling and whispering in her ears, begging her to listen to them. He looked as confused, and as pitiful as she felt, and must look. Her lips trembled as she silently reached forward, pressing closer to the multi-colored stallion, and rubbed the tear away from his soft muzzle.

(XD I DIDN'T EVEN THINK I JUST DID! X3)
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

"I... love... yRustle..." He said confusedly, under his breath, over and over, slowly looking up when she approached, the leaves on his branches rustling back to her own leaves, his lips trembling slightly, looking ashamed and whispering to her when she rubbed the tear off his muzzle, eyes closing. "I... didn't mean to upset you... with pyressing my desiyre on you... I just..." He swallowed confusedly and hung his head further, trying to hide it under one leg.
"I thought a foal would be.... wondeyrful... for us..." He hoped his desires didn't creep into his tone too much, terrified of driving her away, his tail swishing against the ground.

(AWWWW EVEN BETTER! *squeals and hugs*)