Bento!

Talk about anything you want here.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Bento!

Post by Sushidragon »

I love the idea of bentos, although since I eat lunch at home I don't really have any reason to make them right now XD; A bento site that I love, Just Bento, is currently running an online 'bento 101' course if you're interested in learning how to do them! While I don't pack my stuff up all nice and compact I have made a few recipes from the site (and the sister site, Just Hungry), yum!

Here's the latest lesson:

http://justbento.com/handbook/bento-cou ... pack-bento
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Re: Bento!

Post by Echos »

I may have to try this. I really need to get back into the habit of packing a lunch but am so sick of making sandwiches. Plus living with 3 other college students we never seem to have dinner leftovers .
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

Bentos are so much fun! I discovered them just before Oak started her student teaching and quite often I'd send her off with a cutesy lunch and every night she would regale me with the amusement and befuddlement of her fellow teachers. My favorite line ever "What is- is that... Are you making chopsticks?" Regarding a set of collapsable chopsticks.

Another site I love (although she hasn't updated in months) is http://lunchinabox.net/. This site focuses a lot on little-kid friendly, small portioned bentos. Oh and the Bento store locator is mighty handy.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Zincht
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Zincht »

That looks like a couple of great sites! I've been trying to figure out how to get my husband to eat packed lunches instead of McDonald's and other fast foods (especially since it's our friends who buy him the food). My kids also get tired of sandwiches pretty quick.
Image Image Image Image Image
Burble | Memories | Flirt | Shoot | Diamond
Personalities!