Comic Con again!

Talk about anything you want here.
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Comic Con again!

Post by ElvenArcher »

Well my sister and I volunteered for our local Con again! This is our 6th time and hopefully not our last. We Love it!
FanX17 is only a two day event this year. They almost didn't have a FanX just a Comic Con in September but they changed their minds. The building was booked for all the times they wanted but something cancelled last minute so...Yay! :D

I am excited, there are a lot of great celebrities going to be there... I'll post a link if anyone is interested in seeing who will be here!

http://saltlakecomiccon.com/guests/

Stan Lee cancelled his appearance in New York last weekend,we were worried he would cancel this weekend but he didn't. They did have to move his schedule around a bit though. I hope to at least catch a glimpse of him. :D

Now I need to get some sleep (yeah right). Good night!
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Re: Comic Con again!

Post by Codress »

Wowie looks like total funs! Wish I could go very neat! wtg on doing it for so long very awesomeness. ^_^
FoxyJhai
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Northern

Post by FoxyJhai »

That's awesome. I like how the HP cast got top billing. XD

If I could volunteer for a convention I would, but being around that many people for so long for three days? Pretty sure I'd have an anxiety/panic attack by the second day.

Thankfully, I know I can handle one day of crowds because I went to Stan Lee's comic con a couple months back (and yes, I did catch a glimpse of him.) My sister bought us Wondercon badges for my birthday, and she said she'd help me with a cosplay.
Samanayrs
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Pets
Image Image Image Image
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery

Post by ElvenArcher »

Stan Lee unfortunately had to cancel. He is sick and his doctor said he couldn't fly. :(

He did a skype panel though so I still got to see him, just not ib person. :)

I have major anxiety. My first Con, I was scared to death. Now that I've volunteered so many times it doesn't bother me as much. :)

I had a blast! I got to see lots of celebrities! :D
Stallions
Mares
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
FoxyJhai
Mystic
Mystic

Post by FoxyJhai »

Too bad about Stan Lee, hope it's nothing serious. But I'm glad to hear you had fun!

Yeah, my crowd anxiety usually isn't much of an issue. I can handle big events, especially if its for something I like/enjoy so I can distract myself. If there's nothing to keep my mind from the crowds then I start to feel anxious, or if I'm around people for extended periods of time with little or no down time.
Samanayrs

Pets
Image Image Image Image
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Sounds like a good time, glad you had a fun weekend :D

I'm a gigantic introvert so when I do a convention table and have to be 'on' for 8+ hours I basically go and hide by myself after XD;
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

Sounds like it was a really fun time. I'm headed to a con in two weeks and I seriously can't wait. I've heard really good things about Salt Lake comic con though. It would be fun to make it out there in the future.

Too bad Stan Lee couldn't make it. He's such a nice guy and so great about meeting fans.

@FoxyJhai - I'm going to be at Wondercon too! We should totally meet up!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery

Post by ElvenArcher »

Stan Lee insisted on doing a skype call. The first ting he said was, and I can't remember his exact words. "You guys think you're disappointed about me bot being there... How do you think I feel."
He was truly upset that he couldn't make it. The first time he came he told us that we have the best(or greatest, I can't remember) comic con in the world. He said it again during the skype call. It was pretty cool.

SLCC has been making quite a name for themselves. Chris Evens and William Shatner both requested to come here. They weren't asked... They asked. XD

The celebrities that have come here have said great things about us volunteers and also about our community.
I love the fact that celebrities like coming here. :D
Stallions
Mares
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
FoxyJhai
Mystic
Mystic

Post by FoxyJhai »

Happy to hear that he was still able to do an appearance of sorts.

@Echos - I'd love to meet up!
Samanayrs

Pets
Image Image Image Image
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

FoxyJhai I'm so sorry I wasn't able to coordinate meeting at con. I ended up wrangling four con newbies, a very sick friend and three cosplays all while sick myself. I felt like a chicken without it's head all weekend! But if you have plans for any other SoCal cons or just want to meet up at some point drop me a message!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage