Gad school is such a time sink!

Talk about anything you want here.
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Gad school is such a time sink!

Post by Echos »

So I started grad school this September and I absolutely love it but man has it destroyed my ability to keep track literally anything non-essential. I will goes days without checking my emails, weeks without remembering to log in to online sites, heck I even forgot my parents are leaving town tomorrow for three weeks. I'd planned a surprise visit and their vacation was on my calendar the whole time >_<

I feel like the school part of my brain has co-opted the rest of my brain to keep up and it's starting to make me feel like a total air-head.

Anyone else been in this situation before?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: Gad school is such a time sink!

Post by Sushidragon »

Congrats on getting into grad school! I think one thing to remember is that things won't be like this forever and it's a season of life that will one day be behind you. And in the meantime, all you can do is try your best!

To help remember really important things, how about something like post-it notes? Put them in places you can't miss them, like on your computer monitor or the bathroom mirror.

Good luck, you've got this!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

WTG! Yes was there when I was in college. Lists help me a lot and now with tech the way it is even easier. Just load your calendar up and do alarms. Those are my suggestions. Good luck hun!! Huggles :D :lol:
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

I hope to be in this state myself in the near future. Just after I move closer to my job. I hate where I am living cause I have to drive so much. So It takes away sooooo much time. School is a good thing though! You can do it! :) We are here for you whenever you are able to check in. Good luck with school! What are you taking??
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Echos
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Echos »

I'm studying Environmental Science and Management in Santa Barbara. This was my first weekend where I have had no homework this semester ( :o ) and I took that opportunity to finally get my calendar sorted out. I feel so much better and completely overwhelmed seeing everything in one place. It looks like a unicorn vomited a rainbow on google calendar atm.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Echos wrote:I'm studying Environmental Science and Management in Santa Barbara. This was my first weekend where I have had no homework this semester ( :o ) and I took that opportunity to finally get my calendar sorted out. I feel so much better and completely overwhelmed seeing everything in one place. It looks like a unicorn vomited a rainbow on google calendar atm.
School will do that! I hope things go well for you and you learn quickly! :) Make sure to take time for YOU. You deserve it too! :D <333 I'm hopefully going to buy a house! I was trying to get back into school but figured a house would be a better stepping stone. I can have an office to study in! :) Where I live right now is not comfortable so it is hard to focus. Plus, I will be closer to school. Hopefully I can take a note from your book and get my butt back to school!

Environmental science sounds interesting. Is there a particular section of that, that interests you? I'm afraid i'm not too familiar with what falls within that, however, I'm very curious to find out! :D
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Echos
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Echos »

My specialty is habitat restoration. I work as a consultant with cities and business that want to do thing like turn bankrupt golf courses back into natural open space for the public, remove damns and channels to restore natural river flow and improve damaged habitat for species conservation.

My program however is very multi-disciplinary. This quarter I'm taking classes on politics, geospatial information systems, project management, biogeochemisty, ecology, and a social media workshop. This week is killing me too. I have a five page paper to write for politics which is worth 50% of my grade, a midterm, an application for my choice of minor, a gis and an ecology assignment all due by Friday. It the most stressful week I've had so far.