New board party! Woot!

Talk about anything you want here.
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

New board party! Woot!

Post by Jennalyn »

Was I the only person who squeed when I saw an update on the cityshar community sitting on my friends list? I certainly hope not! =^_^=

Heya, I'm Jenn for those who don't know me... I'm not the most intensely active person in the cyberpet world, but I have my favorites and I cling to them with fervent adoration. Sams have always been one of them, ever since I was... eleven? I think? And first got hold of the net. Trolling things about Pern, I came across Skysong's old-old-old Weyr and decided to follow some of her other links. (Of course, at the time, I saw the 'geocities' button at the bottom of the pages and thought that geocities was some sort of game like Neopets where you could get a house and whatnot. Go eleven years old, right?)

Kay, now that the brief history of my intro to these gorgeous critters is done for people who don't really know me... hi. XD *sits down*

I had an insane amount of fun making little icons for my various songs. >_> Insaaaane. They're just so cute.
wolftlou
Samanayr
Samanayr

Re: New board party! Woot!

Post by wolftlou »

I have always loved Sams!!! But only in the last few years have I actually had an opportunity to get involved!! And boy am I stoked to see Skysong updating stuff about her Sams again :D

I liked yer Intro, Jen... sorry mine isn't as perty...

I wonder, though, what happened to the old forum, Skysong? Is this one a trade up or something? I liked the flying sushi related icons!! Will they be flying on over here too?
Tervenna
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Tervenna »

Wheee, Sam forum!!!

I definitely squeed when I saw it!

Now to go investigate the rest of this forum :D
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I'm so glad you guys are excited :D I've been very psyched getting everything set up again, but I've missed all you oldbie adopters too! I've had a lot of fun with you guys.

@Jennalyn - Wow, I didn't know we went that far back XD And I love your little Song icons!

@wolftlou - The old forum was a mess with spam accounts and posts, and on an older version of phpBB, so I decided to start fresh. Like I said in the intro announcement, if there's stuff you wanted retrieved from there, I can open it up for a bit so that people can get what they need.

@Tervenna - Not much else here yet, I need to get writing stickies XD
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Hehe, thank you! <3 And it's so good to see people popping up I haven't been in contact with for ages and ages. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, doncha know. XD
wolftlou
Samanayr
Samanayr

Post by wolftlou »

wow, I did read that first post... I wonder how I missed that! LOL! Thanks for answering my dumb question :oops:
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I wonder if anyone else is going to come out of the woodwork :O I know some old Samanayr adopters are on PI, which is where I've been doing Samanayr stuff lately..
Image Image

Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

*tilts head* Have you prodded anyone at the Crystal Palace yet? I know there's a bunch of people who hang around there and it's a good bet that at least some of them had Samanayrs.
SunBlind
Mystic
Mystic

Post by SunBlind »

*joins the circle of SA members (Samanayrs Anonymous, all us addicts...)*

I'm one of the oldies from the Orchard Messagepost, and I adopted my Rubies of the Purest Ivory in February 2000. I'm not a member of PI, nor do I intend to be, so I'm thrilled Skysong's back here again ^_^ I haven't had a fix since June 2006!

*runs about gleefully*
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

@Jennalyn - Feel free to spread the word there!

@SunBlind - I'll have to make sure everyone gets their fix XD I guess it's not fair to get people hooked and then take their fix away!
Image Image

Dracony
Foal
Foal

Post by Dracony »

*shifty eyes*
What's this? People I don't know?

Well, hai!

*PI member*
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

*not a PI member* Hello there. :3
Raenia
Silence of Uncertain Cause

Post by Raenia »

Greetings all! I don't know most of you, so I thought I'd join the board-warming party. I am a PI member, but I must admit I like the adoptables much more than the ponies.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dray
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by dray »

Happy birth/hatch/creation, new Sam board!

I'm Dray and I haven't collected many Sams, though not for lack of interest! These guys are timeless. X3

I'm on PI but I spend most of my time drawing and distributing (and collecting) dragon adoptables over at the Nexus. :3 Mmm, breeding things.

...That sounds so wrong. XD

Anyways, glad to see the forum's up! Hai gais!
wolftlou
Samanayr
Samanayr

Post by wolftlou »

Do you mind posting the link for the Nexus?? I lost it when my last computer crashed last summer.. haven't been there since :cry:
Tervenna
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Tervenna »

wolftlou
Samanayr
Samanayr

Post by wolftlou »

thank you! :D
dray
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by dray »

Tervenna, you're fast! XD
Slydogg121
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: all

Post by Slydogg121 »

wow!! didn't know Sushidragon/Skysong's work went so far... I'm on PI more for the adopties than the ponies... but haven't gotten my greedy little hands on a Sam yet
Ryuukokoro
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Ryuukokoro »

0_0 Wow, I had no idea at all that the Sams have been around for so long!! Hello old veterans! ^_^ I've only got two Sams but I love the little dears and it's great to meet you all!
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

*waves to all* Hello everyone! *recognizes a few from previous boards*

I'm Orasteele, I found Skysong's Sams back in 2003-2004 I think... I'm not quite sure about that. I hail from Gaia Online (it's where I got my first Sam. ^__^) and have the same username there if any of you are members of Gaia. I have been to PI and I think I'm registered there, but I never really got to heavily involved with it.

Yes, I too had a squeefest when I saw the LJ post about the new Sams board, and am very excited to see it up and moving! I can't wait for the expeditions to start! It's just so good to see them active again! I do RP a bit, so if any of you are interested in RP, feel free to drop me a PM! n_n

Oh and just so you guys know, if you ever have questions about Britain's Songs and/or Sams, please contact me. I've been married to Britain for going on 8 years and can ask her anything for y'all. She's kinda backed out of Sams, but likes the fact that I still enjoy them and am representing her on the boards. <3