Looking for art of a Samanayr?

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Looking for art of a Samanayr?

Post by Seren »

Hello my fellow Samanayr-lovers! It's nice to be back after a bit of a break for a crazy summer!

Well, both Dapples and I have been wanting to practice drawing Samanayrs, but rather than just make up our own random ones, or draw our own (yet again.) So, we thought, why not see if people on Samanayrs need some art?

This is how it works: simply post one of the forms here, and then one of us will post your order on a thread in the Art board.

Code: Select all

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Samanayr Name and ID:[/b] [i]Example of the New Thread (0101)[/i]
[b]Notes: [/b] Do you want a background? Any certain pose? Just a general feel for the picture? Anything extra goes here.
Limit: We won't put a limit on the number of orders, but it'd be better to keep one or two orders per person- as for multiple Samanayrs, it'd be nice to keep the Samanayr number for one picture between 1-3. :3

Payment: It's totally free, we just need time to complete the orders whenever we can, around classes and work and such!

All Samanayr designs belong to Sushidragon or Guest Artists.
Last edited by Seren on Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Signature under construction!
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Re: Looking for art of a Samanayr?

Post by Seren »

Reserved for examples.
(Open for forms. :3)
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

8D Oh my goodness, guys, this is so generous! I've been really hanging out for some art of Frenzy's past, so if I could put him in as a request that would be awesome.
<33

Username: CosmicDragon
Samanayr Name and ID: Frenzy of the Daunting Dusk (810)
Samanayr Name and ID: Dawn of the Dazzling Sun (Deceased)
Notes: What I'd really love is art of Frenzy and his departed mare... She's a big part of his past, and her death was essentially what changed him into the stone-hearted stallion he is today. Before, he was a lighthearted trickster of a stallion, he didn't really take anything seriously except for his courting of Dawn; he trailed after her incessantly, always trying to impress and amuse her. She was older, perhaps a little wiser, but with a lightness of soul that made her laughter and smile shine like the sun. Unfortunately, as she doesn't actually exist and I haven't been able to pin down her appearance in my head, I'm giving you complete artistic licence with her! ^-^;;
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

Oh Cosmic I'm sorry I should have checked back sooner!!

I have a quick question though, did you have an idea for her species, or at least a little idea of it? Lam/Sam/Desert or something else just as awesome?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Too late she's already drawn, now all that is left to be done is coloring... *shudder* XD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

Username: Jennalyn
Samanayr Name and ID: Scorch of the Burning Winds (0297) & Passage of the Bold Storm (0312)
Notes: Could you possibly do something with the two of them and their pet Oquiesa? :D Passage has two (Tyra & Wolfgang) and Scorch has Tawny. The rest of Scorch's Song is composed of winged ladies, as he and his lead mare Mist bonded first over flight and it sort of started a trend for them... but he met Passage last, and something about them just clicked. And they bonded first over her Oquiesa, and then he got himself a pup, and then she got herself another, and... yeah. They're kind of "that dog couple" that also happens to be in a very happy polygamous marriage with other ladies.

Image Image
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Username:AsaraDragon
Samanayr Name and ID: Leaf of the Edging Frost (0242) and Sunshine of Eternal Summer (0304)
Notes: I'd just like something of the two of them together, that reflects their dynamic. He's really carefree and vivacious, she's more withdrawn, but absolutely charmed by his easygoing nature. He pursued her for a really long time, and finally won her over by serenading her one day in a field of flowers. The song? *Leaf bursts in* My Giyrl, of couyrse! "I've got sunshiiiiiiine, on a cloudy daaaay."

Yep. :)

Oh, and their images, so you guys don't have to hunt them down.

ImageImage
Last edited by AsaraDragon on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Alrighty! Thank you for the orders! I will get to sketching after some of my meetings and college intros today. XD

I love all the sams that you guys have put up! <3 pairs of sammies are fun!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Leafff! Why you gotta be so cute?? I'll see what I can do today about at least sketching then today too XD
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

I'm working on Jenn's form- ironically, I think Tawny is turning out the best so far. XD

Real quick question guys, do you like having orders on separate threads (Cosmic's is done, by the way!) or do you want us to have one giant thread?
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

I do have Asara's done, I just need to scan it and everything will be golden. I just want to say beforehand, sorry about my lack of coloring skills D': I've been working on it but color still annoys and escapes me. XD tried to match them as best as possible to the ID's but like I said XD
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Cosmic and Jenn's orders are both done, Asara's just needs to be scanned-

we are open for more orders! :D This is how I fill up hours when I'm alone and Dapples is off at classes and I'm not (And when I'm stalling on homework *coughcough* just kidding!)
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Asara's order as promised: Click meee
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master

Post by CosmicDragon »

*pokes nose in hopefully*
... I do recall that someone said that you might be doing more of this. >3> I shall stalk, just incase!
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

We will! I'm now free of exams and Dapples will be too soon! :3 Just a pop a form in!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

I would gladly take any excuse not to do school work - or to draw in class. Either way.

BRING IT
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master

Post by CosmicDragon »

8D OKAY YOU WONDERFUL MAGNIFICENT GAIS. *flails and cling-hugs you both excitedly*

Username: CosmicDragon
Samanayr Name and ID: Sparks (1095) and Healer of the Millennium Wish (1000)
Notes: I'd love just a picture of this unconventional little 'family' all together. <3 Millennium sees herself as a guardian of the little filly, though not necessarily a parental figure (seeing as she never actually wanted kids XD;;) whereas Sparks just absolutely adores her little 'family', having only fuzzy memories of her birth song. Qi and O'arth (Healer's Dragonet and Saber) tend to treat the foal as their own as well, with O'arth being particularly partial to the little filly.
<3 Gah, I do love them so!

ImageImage
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Hehe, either one (or both) of us will get right on it! Once/If I can finish my art contest entry. Ehehe...
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

*scribbles all over the lines to get art contest done*

I know I'll jump on it soon... XD within the next week, since tomorrow I think I have to get like sixteen silly statements done for Monday so X'D