New guest artists conundrum

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

New guest artists conundrum

Post by Sushidragon »

Since quite a few guest artists seem to be unavailable I was thinking of adding some new artists to the team for a big event in December. Unfortunately I've hit another snag with the PI rules..

All new guest artists need to go through a three week intro period on PI, fine. What I did before was to post everyone's art for the event for three weeks and then go on with the event after that time.

Now apparently there's a rule that you must give away stuff during your three week intro period. Again, fine. I asked for some clarification and was told that the guest artists should each come up with a Samanayr to give away in intros as well as whatever they're doing for the event, which would be double the work for someone who was just interested in making one Samanayr for the December event.

When I last had an intros thread 3 years ago the first week didn't have an event, then the next two weeks had guest artist Frankensams on PI and the Sam forum, but the ones on PI were by already-approved artists, so I guess that wouldn't fly anymore.

So, either all new guest artists will need to make at least two Samanayrs, or I won't be able to post events with any of the 'unapproved' art on PI :/ Would this change your mind if you were thinking of applying?
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Re: New guest artists conundrum

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

I've actually been really hoping for a new opportunity to apply as a guest artist (as I have improved quite a bit since last time), and this would definitely not change my mind at all. :3
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Hmm, you could perhaps provide an option, those who are fine doing the extra Samanayr and can have their guest artist Samanayrs on PI, or those who want to create only the one Samanayr and then their Samanayr would just not be advertised on PI or however that would work with the PI rules.

I know if I wasn't already approved, I would most definitely be more than happy to be required to draw more than one Samanayr. Also, having to draw a second Samanayr shows that that person is committed and might be more likely to continue drawing Samanayrs and help out with future events.

Looking forward to seeing some more guest artists and their Samanayrs, and to the December events of course.
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

I have been praticing and would like to try just not sure what all intails to TRY out. If you have a link that would be great and if I have more questions who would be best to ask if you ate busy missy sushi? Thank you! ^_^
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

I would definitely not be put off by having to draw a second Sam as a guest artist! I'm very eager to try out, as I didn't get to last time. *grins*
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Thanks guys! I like the idea of leaving it up to the individual.

Codress, here's the thread from last time, it should give you an idea of what to expect! Just send me a PM if you have any questions.

http://samanayrs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1528

I really enjoy the PI community but I've been getting so aggravated by all of the rules.. it would be nice to have a place like that where I could do things like link to my stream.
Image Image

Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

I would love love love to try out to be a guest artist! But, I don't have a PI account, nor do I have the funds currently to buy one. Is there any way a guest artist could be on here? Or...something?

Sorry, a tad confused, as I have have little experience with PI! :3
Signature under construction!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

XD like Seren said, PI is a mystery to me. And I have no money for anything extra, which would be an issue...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

Seren wrote:I would love love love to try out to be a guest artist! But, I don't have a PI account, nor do I have the funds currently to buy one. Is there any way a guest artist could be on here? Or...something?

Sorry, a tad confused, as I have have little experience with PI! :3
SilverDapples wrote:XD like Seren said, PI is a mystery to me. And I have no money for anything extra, which would be an issue...
I've been a guest artist for a few years now, and I've never been on PI! :D Sushi can take care of everything there for you- it's just to cross-list the events, the guest artists need to be approved there as well. Hope that helps!
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Sushi - If It were me applying again, I wouldn't have an issue making two. I feel that is more than enough of a challenge to keep them on their feet, also it helps to show their creativity from one sam to the other! :D

I myself need to practice more on my coloring and such, which I should be doing soon. I would love to help make sams for the december events! Do we have a theme already sushi? *curious*

PI has been frustrating the crap out of me too! The only reason I stay there is because it's already established and there are a lot of friends on there that I dont want to lose. But the rules are quite ridiculous.

Silvermoon's idea of not posting their guest artist images on PI, I think would work. If you dont advertise it there, they dont know. Then that gives you a bit of time to be able to schedule an intro "Thing" *Sighs* It really is quite frustrating. PI doesnt have to approve anything for SAMANAYRS... just for it to be on PI. x3 Love that crafty thinking Silver <333
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Willow
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Minayr

Post by Willow »

Ooh new artists sounds great, I might apply. But I'm deffinitely looking forward to seeing new sam styles :)
~ Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ~
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I'm going to open applications in the next day or two, although I still haven't made up my mind about PI XD;

And just to clarify, you don't need to have a PI account to be a guest artist! I make any posts on the site that are required.
Image Image

Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I've been thinking this over and I think I'm going to have this event take place in January instead. December is always such a busy month, especially as I'd like to continue doing the gift-o-rama and we're going to be hosting my family here for Christmas for the first time XD; And this will give us something to look forward to after the holidays!

Regarding the PI issue, I'm going to leave it up to the individual artist if they'd like to do something for intros or not.

As for the theme, it's going to be different than what I'd originally planned since it won't be holidays-related.. any suggestions? XD;
Image Image

silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Hmm, January is still wintery so perhaps a theme around that? Ice, snow, or cold?

Or here's a random idea, pick one feature say a colour, or trait(perhaps even a completely new trait) and and have everyone design a Samanayr around that feature see what happens?
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

silvermoondragon wrote:Hmm, January is still wintery so perhaps a theme around that? Ice, snow, or cold?

Or here's a random idea, pick one feature say a colour, or trait(perhaps even a completely new trait) and and have everyone design a Samanayr around that feature see what happens?

Oooh, love both of these ideas! :3
Signature under construction!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

Definitely like what silver is thinking, especially the colour or trait one
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I really like the idea of focusing on a particular trait or color, thanks for the suggestion :D
Image Image

RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Ooooo I like that idea!

Can we join in on it just to have fun?! o: *wiggles* I would love the chance to join in on a guest artist event thing. x3 Maybe the current artists can join in and then the sams they make can be gifted/given away? ^^
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D: