Elemental Trait Help

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Elemental Trait Help

Post by RikkuGirl »

Hey guys!

I'm working on an Element and I would like your help, if you dont mind! :D Please post pictures, and trait thoughts here! :D I'm still sketching, etc. so anything you can offer is appreciated!

By my Muse! :3 <33333 Here is what all I have so far...

Name: Aether (Ether)
Definition: The clear sky; the upper regions of air beyond the clouds. (The area between Space and the Clouds)
Corresponding Sense: Sound

Elemental Senses: (For those who are curious ;D)
ETHER - Sound, sense organ ear
AIR - Touch
FIRE - Sight
WATER - Taste
EARTH - Smell

Possible Traits (Ones I think might fit):
Spectral Wings
Extended foot tufts
Full Tufts
Demon Touched Eyes
Upright Ears
Long or Bat ears
Upright Hair

Pictures I think give inspiration to this:
ImageImage

Jewelry inspiration:

So!!! What Traits would you suggest???
Last edited by RikkuGirl on Wed May 04, 2016 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Re: Elemental Trait Help

Post by ElvenArcher »

Sounds really cool. :D

Spectral Ignis
Tendril Fins
Ear Silk
Wing Pennants

Hope that helps :D
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

:D Love the trait suggestions EA! <333 Thank you! didnt even think of ear silk! :3 Might go kinda crazy with that. xD
My Sams!

RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

:3 If anyone is interested in the subtle progress... His "Base" Is made but there is still a Lot more to do! ^-^;

He is going to have large spectral wings. Think I am going to make them kinda coming at the screen but I'm not sure how I can do that. I'll have to get a picture or something. Depth is not easy to draw!

Any suggestions? I kinda feel like there are too many gems. Maybe I should just take them off or make less... :/ I need to make his tufts more flowy/even too. >_>;;

He is supposed to have flowy hair but i'm still working on it. Yay for tracing tables! lol I have 3 renditions of him already. xD <33 Thanks for any comments or help guys.
My Sams!

ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Post by ElvenArcher »

He looks amazing! :D

I don't have much skill when it comes to drawing. I don't know how to do depth haha XD
I like his gems. The ones on his neck seem a little crowded though. His tufts look awesome. :D

Tracing tables are nice. I don't have one so I have a hard time with tracing, but my mom just made a light box out of an old scanner and it works great.

He really does look amazing. :D
Makes me want to draw. I haven't drawn since we moved, I lost my inspiration for drawing. :/
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

^.^;; I just have a glass desk! Its pretty neat. It is black but has about a inch and a half lift then the glass ontop. :3 So its perfect for tracing!!! All you have to do is put some kind of light sourse under it and bingo! I find that my phone works kinda well... need to look into flat lights? O-<; Hmmm idk.

He is going to be a lot more flowy but I just needed the base of his body etc. He has been 2 weeks in the making so far. o-<;; I'm also going to be trying a new technique for coloring that I found online. Maybe it will work/help.

Your mom sounds awesome! That is a good idea ... Maybe a fish tank light?! o: The bulbs are long enough... Good idea. <33333

If you ever lose inspiration.. Just start drawing random things. Dont even have anything in mind. Just draw a simple line or something and expand from there. Something will come and you will find it a little easier to focus again. That is what I do <333 It happens. Just dont stress over it so much. :) Maybe you can help me with some ideas for accessories? feel free to color or draw over that picture if you would like. I love help and ideas. :)
My Sams!

Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

Ooh, I love the design so far! His legs are particularly beautiful - very graceful.
Zincht
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Zincht »

I'd suggest putting the spectral ignis coming off the backs of his legs, instead of his neck/back. Maybe a bit off his head like a head tuft?

For spectral wings, I'm for some reason thinking of the tines on the chinese dragons- more floaty and ethereal than actually flappable flying things. With little puffs of spectral ignis coming off them.
Image Image Image Image Image
Burble | Memories | Flirt | Shoot | Diamond
Personalities!