What else would you like to be able to spend points on?

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

What else would you like to be able to spend points on?

Post by Sushidragon »

I know there's a few of you with a lot of modiems and tradeable items in your inventories, and sadly breeding seasons don't happen as often as we'd all like. I've been trying to think about what else points could be 'spent' on so that you can actually use these items without waiting for breedings and I'd love to hear your thoughts too!

At the moment there's the shops with tokens and amulets, but there's been some items available in both for a few years now that were never purchased XD; Are they too expensive, or would you prefer different items were there?

I was also considering something like Samanayr icons or sketches in exchange for points?

Please let me know if you have any ideas too!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Re: What else would you like to be able to spend points on?

Post by ElvenArcher »

To be honest, I had no idea there was any shops. I found them though. :)

I don't think the items in the shop are to expensive.
I haven't traded for anything because I didn't know the shops were there haha XD. I don't have enough points for what I want though.

Doing Icons or sketches for points is definitely something I would be interested in. :D
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

Truthfully, I had no idea there was a shop! I did just find it and I think the prices for each amulet are very reasonable, considering what they do.

I haven't traded for anything because 1) I don't have very many points at the moment and 2) a lot of the modiems I'd been stockpiling have been changed.

Like x2 breeding modiems no longer produces twins, so I have modiems in pairs that I can't use/don't want anymore. Are we able to trade in unused modiems to get the points back? If so, I'd love to do that to clean up some of my inventory. :)

I'd be totally down with icons, sketches... maybe even small pets or something for points. Accessories? Headshots? Chibi versions of our favorites Sammies~? What would be fun for you to do in exchange for points, Sushi?
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

Amulets and tokens are good. I seem to recall an occasional pet market too? Personally I'm still holding out hope that song totems might one day exsist.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery

Post by ElvenArcher »

I woud love to see pets available. :)
Stallions
Mares
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

I remember there being shops but I didn't know they were still open!!!!
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Toxick711
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: Any with Rainbow

Post by Toxick711 »

Amulets and pets is a neat idea. Custom tokens or maybe guest artist custom tokens?
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Thanks so much for the suggestions and feedback :D

Modiems weren't supposed to be exchangable for other modiems because.. I really can't remember why now?! I think I'd pictured them being more rare than they actually are and having breedings more common than they are so that everyone would be able to use them up more easily XD; I guess there's really no reason why they couldn't be traded in for different modiems.

The poor color and pattern modiems are pretty neglected, but.. I just had a thought, what if you could use them in addition to the more commonly-used ones? Like, you could do a combo that included species/breeding/trait/rarity and toss in one or two color and/or pattern modiems? I'd really like to see them used more but I know it's more fun to go with the other ones!

Song totems are definitely a thing that need to happen. EDIT: And I forgot that items can currently be equipped to Songs, so this does need to happen sooner rather than later!

And yes, more pets available in the pet shop! And advertising the other special shops a little better, because I know I just kind of opened them and then left them XD;

I did have fun doing the sketches of peoples' Sams when I was doing the Patreon a couple of years ago.. if you missed them, I have them all uploaded here:

http://samanayrs.net/images/sketches/

Lots to think about! Thanks again :D
Image Image

silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

I'll admit it... I'm a hoarder XD Must collect all the stuffs!

I like the idea of getting totems out for use and having more uses for modiems during breedings. I did snag a feathered wing amulet from the shop (and am now hoarding it XD) so the shops are definitely a nice option to have.

Another suggestions is maybe change up how the accessories work? I'd love to use some of my Lamanayr feathers and silverbark to make some accessories, and perhaps being able to use a certain number of modiems in an accessory to create a similar effect to the modiem balloons where the accessory provides modiem-like effects?
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery

Post by ElvenArcher »

What would a Song Totem do? I haven't seen any talk about those.

On the subject of items I have a few in my inventory that should have been removed a while ago.

Silver Bark and Tandil Berries were used in a trade a long time ago and I used my semi custom pet token too.
Stallions
Mares
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

silvermoondragon wrote:Another suggestions is maybe change up how the accessories work? I'd love to use some of my Lamanayr feathers and silverbark to make some accessories, and perhaps being able to use a certain number of modiems in an accessory to create a similar effect to the modiem balloons where the accessory provides modiem-like effects?
That could be fun too! There's also supposed to be other amulets that operate like the balloons, not just trait modiems, so I really need to get those out too..
ElvenArcher wrote:What would a Song Totem do? I haven't seen any talk about those.

On the subject of items I have a few in my inventory that should have been removed a while ago.

Silver Bark and Tandil Berries were used in a trade a long time ago and I used my semi custom pet token too.
Whoops, thanks, just removed those!

Totems are items that are equipped to a Song that have an effect on all Song members, like increasing fertility or all foals will have x-trait :D
Image Image