Samanayr con book ad copy - argh!

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Samanayr con book ad copy - argh!

Post by Sushidragon »

Since I'm not attending VancouFur this year I decided I'd do an ad for Samanayrs in the con book instead.. but I'm having a heck of a time figuring out what to write, and what images to use XD; I don't want it to look too plain but also not too busy, and I'm not sure how much information to include. This was a lot easier when I was doing my information sheet and last year's little booklet, because I was able to include a lot more information D:

The ad size is 4.5" x 3.5" so not that big. Right now I have SAMANAYRS at the top and samanayrs.com at the bottom and that's about it XD;; As well as the text I'm trying to decide if I want to have actual Samanayrs in the ad, or just something like the Samanayrs I did for the banner art for the other version of the website, or something different entirely..

I would love to hear your thoughts! <3 I have about a week to do something up.
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Re: Samanayr con book ad copy - argh!

Post by amazondreamer »

Oof that is tricky, and a small space to work with. I'd definitely include something a line about being a hand-drawn adoptable, and possibly how old it is? Like it's pretty dang impressive that you've been doing this for 17 years- that kind of staying power to me would say they're something worth looking at- you're not just trying to cash in on the popularity of something trendy.

Definitely include a little art- maybe just a head-shot since there's not much room.

Just a rough idea I threw together :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

Totally agree with amazon - the longevity of the community and the uniqueness of the art are two amazing aspects of your sams.
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

I agree with them also but I would do a sam that will draw them in to see more. Have a few in mind but they are some of my favs not just for the noobs/possible interested. Might want to do a poll on the sams to you that you think will draw most attention to get them TO the site. That is going to be a BIG draw.....interesting will have to try and play on it..
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I was thinking it'd be helpful to mention how long Samanayrs have been around for to underline the fact that we're not going anywhere anytime soon XD Here's what I have as a first draft, although I'm going to revisit it later:
SAMANAYRS

Samanayrs is a forum-based adoptable and
roleplaying game that has been running
for more than 17 years, now with more than
2000 Samanayrs in existance.

Every Samanayr is drawn and colored by hand
and is totally unique, with more than
20 species and almost 200 special traits
to choose from!

Interested in joining us?
Drop by the site or the forum,
and be sure to enter the VancouFur draw!

samanayrs.com
samanayrs.com/forum
I also need to rescan a couple of Sams since they're all at web resolution and this needs to be print resolution XD
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

Samanayrs is a forum-based adoptable and
roleplaying game that has been running
for more than 17 years, now with more than
2000 Samanayrs in existence and growing!

Samanayrs is totally unique since
they are ALL drawn & colored by hand.
There are 20+ species and so many special traits
to choose from!

Interested in joining us?
Drop by the site or the forum,
and be sure to enter the VancouFur draw!

samanayrs.com
samanayrs.com/forum

This is my dabble with it. LOL
I know that with too many numbers in there it will draw people away from it. Like you are forcing info. You could even get rid of the one I have just underlined. Would be straight to the point and fun! Your pics of sams and the site will do the rest. Just my opinion. :P Hope that helps some.
Also just another FYI the colors that people see first for ads are red, black, and yellow, hence why you see all those colors on ads. Also the the base font do block lettering cause it is easiest to read and for people to see, now for the word/title Samanayrs I would use a more fancy font. Just make sure to have some white space for people to be able to have their eyes rest too. Sorry my sign making days are kicking in. Again just suggestions and my opinion 8-) lol

Wish I had my sign making program and I would whip you something up but sad to say I don't :cry: