Visitors from Kartyn

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Visitors from Kartyn

Post by Sushidragon »

I thought I'd post this over here as well as PI XD I've been having a lot of fun doing hand-drawn adoptables again, and I'm thinking of bringing back some of the other hand-drawn species from the Samanayr's world of Kartyn. I'd love to hear which one(s) you'd like to see come back! Here's the species that are up for consideration:

Oquiesas

Oquiesas are canine-equine hybrid carnivores, and are the Samanayr's main predator. They're not a sentient race, but they are favored by non-Samanayr species as pets and working animals. They vary in size in about the same size range as dogs.

Dragonets

Dragonets are another pet species, although not predatory. They are small dragons, ranging from a foor or two in length or smaller. There are several species, including the ornamental, varied traited, and intelligent Kreenasa Dragonets (left in the image) and the more basic Wild Dragonets (right).

Enkeyns

Enkeyns are large furred-and-feathered dragons, averaging about ten feet in length. They are a sentient race and relative newcomers to the continent where the Samanayrs and others make their home. Their features and traits can vary, and there are a few defined Enkeyn species. The above pictured Enkeyn is a Desert Enkeyn, with the distinctive short fur, large feet and ears, and white back and wings.

Sa'enkeyns

Sa'enkeyns were magically created by some rather unscrupulous mages to be used as pets and working animals, although retaining their intelligence. As such, Sa'enkeyns can have a wide variety of strange and wonderful features, and some, such as the example above, were designed to mimic the main Enkeyn species. They are still coming into their own as a race and learning their place in the world under the shadow of the Enkeyns.
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
SunBlind
Mystic
Mystic

Re: Visitors from Kartyn

Post by SunBlind »

Though I would have trouble picking just one, I would choose the Oquiesas, as they're one of your older ones but I've never had an opportunity to get one ^_^ But I'll be sure to put them on a separate page from my Sams! No snacking on my lovelies 0.0;;

Plus the one you posted is so totally adorable!
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

I've always had a horrible fondness for the dragonets. x3 It's strange, because your depiction of /fur/ has always been my favorite, but I'm a dragon-lover at heart and those are some of the cutest little wingers. Ever. xD

Not to say that I wouldn't be hounding the others. Hehehe.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

I have always loved dragons as well. The dragonets are just so adorable I want a real one as a pet!
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

My vote is for Sa'enkeyns or Dragonettes. <33
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Woah. :shock: How could someone choose! All of those guys are spectacularly awesome, but I have to say, from a RP perspective, the Enkeyns and the Oquiesas are the guys I'd like to see re-introduced. :twisted:

The Oquiesas because they would be excellent to RP against a Sam, or to have an entire song face off against a few to protect their home.... -spirals off into numerous RP ideas- 8D

And the Enkeyns because they're so much larger than anything as yet introduced, it would make them so different as to be quite prejudiced against, in my mind. And that would make for interesting confrontations. :twisted:
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

Oooo... decisions, decisions! You make it so hard to choose!

I'd have to say the Dragonets and the Enkeyns!
Of course if you bring the Enkeyns in you should also bring the Sa'enkeyns...or just bring them all! XD!!
Zephyr
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayrn

Post by Zephyr »

I like all of them, but I really like the Enkeyns....and even though there are hundreds of dragon adoptables, those Dragonets are just too adorable!!

I feel bad for the Sa'enkeyns though :(
Image Image Image Image
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Thank you all for your very thoughtful comments! Now that I'm being sucked back into the world of Kartyn I'm very tempted to bring them all back XD

If Enkeyns came back, Sa'enkeyns would definitely be making a reappearance as well! When they were still active there were some interesting RP opportunities.

However for now, in the interests of preserving my sanity with nice small hand-drawn adoptables, I believe that dragonets will be the ones making a comeback :D Although that's not to say Oquiesas won't be showing up in RPs at all..

I've been working on getting more dragonets finished before making the official announcement, and I'll also have a lot to type up XD In the meantime, here's a teeny-tiny dragonets preview!

Image Image

CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master

Post by CosmicDragon »

-drools on bottom white dragonete-
They're all so cute! :D I can't wait to see the explosion these are bound to make when you announce them to the general public. :twisted:
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

*covets the green and yellow one*
Those are my dragon colors :)
I can't wait to see them announced officially!
*bounce*
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

awww, that little spotted blue guy is sooo cute!!! I can't wait until they are released.
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

Eee!! So cute! Well I can't wait to see who all shows up, but I am definitely happy to see the little guys! Out of that group I have to say the long red guy at the top is my fave! XD
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

O___O Oh my goodness. *grabby hands towards them all* I've been a fan of your dragonets ever since I stumbled across your website almost a decade ago. You should have heard me squeal when I read your last post here. xD My roommate looked at me funny.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Thank you for your comments :D I'm going to see if I can get some more done before the end of the weekend, and hopefully get working on everything I need to type up.

@jennalyn - Oops, I bet that would be complicated to explain to your roommate XD
Image Image

Pristine
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Pristine »

*also makes grabby hands at Dragonets* Happy to hear we'll be seeing more of them soon, I'm super-excited!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Puuka
Fluffy
Fluffy
Favorite Sam species: Healer, Illiyar, Rider

Post by Puuka »

Oh, I'm utterly in love with that blue one! I think the Dragonets are a wonderful choice of species to bring back :D
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

They're so CUTE! o__________o *grabby hands*
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Yay, I'm glad you're excited about them because I'm really excited too :D I have some neat ideas for them, and there might even be a chance for people to color and adopt out their own dragonets :D I'm still working out the details.
Image Image

Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

Oh really? *perks up* That sounds like an interesting and fun idea if it works out!
Puuka
Fluffy
Fluffy
Favorite Sam species: Healer, Illiyar, Rider

Post by Puuka »

I have some neat ideas for them, and there might even be a chance for people to color and adopt out their own dragonets :D I'm still working out the details.
HOMG that would be so awesome! I would die for that opportunity :D
....granted I wouldn't be able to colour if I was dead... hurm..
Okay, I would *almost* die for that opportunity XD
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

ooooooooooooh, that sounds great. I am curious to see how that will work.
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master

Post by CosmicDragon »

Sushidragon wrote:Yay, I'm glad you're excited about them because I'm really excited too :D I have some neat ideas for them, and there might even be a chance for people to color and adopt out their own dragonets :D I'm still working out the details.
O.O C...Color dragonetes? Ourselves?
Woah. I like my heart stopped there for a second. XD Just the thought that that might happen is mind-blowing.
SunBlind
Mystic
Mystic

Post by SunBlind »

Oooh, that's something new! At least I've never come across the "colour your own" idea ^.^ I mean I've heard of one person doing lineart for another, but this is kind of different, everyone would be participating with the same species. Sounds interesting indeed!
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hedge
Samanayr
Samanayr

Post by Hedge »

I love the dragonet preview. They are adorable. I can't wait to see previews of the others.
.Image.Image.