Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver!

Talk about anything you want here.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver!

Post by Sushidragon »

I picked up SoulSilver when it came out last weekend, and I love it :D I especially love the Pokewalker - it's actually motivated me to get walking more so that I can unlock new areas and try to catch more Pokemon!

Did anyone else get it? I'd ask for friend codes but my DS doesn't like my internet connection and I can't find my adapter ;_;
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Re: Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver!

Post by silvermoondragon »

Like I said on PI...
I got SoulSilver, but now my DS is broken.

Pretty much the power light turns on, gets brighter, then the bottom screen flashes once before the entire thing turns off. According to the internet, this probably means that somehow a wire in the top screen has come loose. I tried opening up my DS since the warranty ran out awhile ago, but Nintendo uses these weird tri-wing screws that I couldn't unscrew so I can't try and fix it...
My brother is going to let me use his DS since he doesn't really use it, but I have to wait until the end of April when my mom comes up to visit and brings it with her.

At least I got far enough to get a pokemon onto the pokewalker and I've already gotten 34784 steps over 4 days, all that walking around campus to get to classes XD
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Soul Silver here too. One day I may have to look into getting an adapter to see if I can manage to connect to WiFi again since our home encryption is...apparently not compatible with the DS. The PokeWalker is fun; it goes to work with me in my pocket. I think once I hatch this Eevee egg I have the baby may be the next to go in so that I can slowly level it up. Baby is destined to be either Espeon or Umbreon; probably Espeon, but not until it hits level 29 and learns bite.

Finally got to learn Fly today too, which pleases me greatly! So much easier to get back to the Apricorn trees and such when you can zoom right over those long, tedious forests and caves. Now...I wait patiently for Friday to come back around so I can go deep into Union Cave and fetch out a lovely Lapras!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

I just got Heart Gold yesterday. :D Would have gotten Silver, but K-Mart was out and it wasn't worth it to drive over the bridge. Besides, it seems like everybody else has Silver, so I can be your Gold-exclusive Pokemon trading buddy. *giggles*

I got my brother to change around a few things with our network so that it's now accessible to the DS. If anyone has any friend codes, post 'em here or PM me? :3
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

My friend code is 3910 9816 4448. :D
LakotaWolf
LOL WUT

Post by LakotaWolf »

I couldn't seem to get my WiFi adapter to work with my computer/wireless network, and my DS won't "naturally" pick up on my house's wireless network XD bleh.

But I do have HeartGold... I would have preferred SoulSilver because I like the word "silver" more, but Sushi already had SS so I got HG XD

If I can get my DS (which is first-gen and geriatric) to connect to the internets at some point, I'll post my friend codes :3

I picked Todotile as my starting 'mon :O

I have a lot of fun taping my Pokewalker to my aquarium bubbler and vibro-cheating my way to hundreds of watts XD
Image Image
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

If I'd remembered that both legendary birds are eventually catchable in both versions...I probably would have picked up Heart Gold instead because I like some of the other version exclusive pokemon better. But I wanted Lugia. And it does mean I can catch cute Meowth...

Through the PokeWalker I have learned that I walk between 6 and 9 thousand steps in a day's work apparently.

And tonight I got to the Lake of Rage...and caught the Red Gyarados with no battle using a Quick Ball! It's nice when that happens. I rarely catch the special/legendary pokemon that way, but it never hurts to try. Sometimes you get lucky!

I haven't posted a friend code because I haven't bothered going to get one yet as I can't get online with my DS still. I know this encryption is more secure...I just wish it didn't block out the DS even when I input the proper key.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I don't have a friend code yet either because I also need to find my wireless adapter. I know it's around here somewhere.. ;_;

I've been doing the Pokeathlon lately because I'm trying to get points to get the elemental stones for my Eevees XD I can do most of the events except for the pennant capture - I always come in last, boo!
Image Image

Bright Promise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Bright Promise »

I got both... but then returned SoulSilver because I just wanted the pre-order figurines... X3

Also, I have already lost my Pokewalker... DAMNIT. I went and reordered one from the Nintendo store for $10... :-/ I really loved using it though because now I get to track my steps! My record for a day (Tuesday) was 14000+!
sera
Mystic
Mystic

Post by sera »

sera has HeartGold. ^^ And Platinum. xD So just let me know if i should try to pick anything up for anyone! . . . Though i need to figure out that friend thing. . . <<;;;
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Well, I got a hold of a tri-gram screwdriver and managed to get my DS apart, but bad news. The ribbon cable connecting the top screen had ripped a bit through wear and tear by the hinge.
Blah... I think the only way to fix it now is to replace the top screen because I don't think you can just replace the ribbon wire. Darn it!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Yikes! That doesn't look good o_o Good luck fixing it!

Yesterday I beat the Elite Four by accident, so I decided to commemorate the occasion by drawing my Pokemon party that went through XD

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/s ... keteam.gif

There's Static the Ampharos, Fluffers the Espeon (who was just along for the ride to get XP, she was just level 20-something), SOB the Lugia (I had to change the name on the image to post on a kid-friendly site), Nessie the Lapras, Ignis the Typhlosion, and Pixie Stix the shiny Gyarados.

I also did another picture..

Like everyone, as soon as I get an Eevee and a Ditto I stick them in the daycare together to breed them an army of Eevees. Ditto loves Eevee!
Image Image

LakotaWolf
LOL WUT

Post by LakotaWolf »

My Ditto and Eevee are all "They do not seem to like each other" and yet they have 9 kids. That is so not the basis for a healthy relationship, Nintendo >:{

Also, I am jealous XD My Pokemon are only level 40ish and I'm just barely on my way to getting my 6th badge. I somehow manage to get by with only 3 leveled Pokemon and 2 useless travel-power placeholders and one "gee I should be leveling it but..." XD

Additionally, many of my pokemans' names are NSFW/not child-friendly :D :D Neither is my Trainer Card. XD

SUSHI SEND ME A VULPIX DANGIT. >:{
Image Image
Tervenna
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Tervenna »

I have HeartGold as well... hubby wanted Silver XD
perryunicornboy
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by perryunicornboy »

Heart gold yaay boy i am late alreadt caught suicune and im challenging brock next finally beat the elite four soo annoying...
Faemien
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Faemien »

Have HeartGold myself, haven't gotten very far in it, though. :)
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

EEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee im so excited! I just found out my sister is going to buy me one of the two. I dont know which gold or silver.. but... I DONT CARE! :D I just want the dang game. *wiggles madly*

I really want it for the walker thingy. Lol cause if i have that it will give me more of a reason to go out walking...

*le sigh* im so lazy -_-;;

but YA! Im so excited. :3 I have all of the other pokeman and this one is soooo cool. I envy you all!!!! XD

*hugs* Oh.. and who suggests what to start? :o
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
madhatter123
Yearling
Yearling

Post by madhatter123 »

I have Heart Gold and I love the pokewalker. I bought it to school on Friday and apparently I walked 16000 steps! xD But it started beeping during a test so my teacher gave out to me for having a toy in school. I told her is wasn't a toy, but a piece of highly technical equipment and know she thinks I'm weird!

Oh well! xD
Bright Promise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Bright Promise »

Wow, the most I've walked in a day is 14000+ steps and that was after working out in the gym. You must be hyper... ;-)

I finally got my new Pokewalker! Yay!

I'm kinda slow playing the game since I have a full-time job. I just made it to cianwood island.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Well, I got my brothers DS and have been happily playing :D It took awhile getting used to a white DS rather than a black one XD I'm now up against the Elite Four. Anyway, my friend code is 3052 0736 7461. If you want to trade/battle/ect. send me a pm and I'll head down to the wi-fi trade center.

I have a bunch of Cyndaquils if anyone would like one
Faemien
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Faemien »

I really need to play more. I love the game, but I just keep spacing on actually playing. I haven't even bred anything yet (mostly because I'm waiting to get Eevee and start my eevee army). I'll post my friend code up later.