Lone Mare Seeking Song

Have a new Song looking for members? Want to trade an item for something else? This is the place to go!
Calomel
Is edible

Lone Mare Seeking Song

Post by Calomel »

Tumble stepped forward with a soft rustle of her feathered wings. Copper and red, her fur gleamed in the sunlight as she looked back over a shoulder. "Do I hayve to?" she asked, crimson eyes imploring.

Standing behind her, Calomel urged the spirited mare forward. "Go on. Turn around so they can get a look at you."

The mare huffed and lifting her cloven hooves high, extended her wings and pranced a lovely circle. Sunlight glittered on the mildly iridescent black of her pinions and mane, shone on her hooves as she flashed them. "Beytter?"

"Of course. You're beautiful."
Tumble is my first Samanyr and I think she's got enough of a personality now to join a Song. She's a high-spirited mare, fiery-tempered and needs a gentle, but firm stallion who will be able to tolerate her without cowing to her personality. Perhaps her first foaling will help to calm her, but who knows? She is currently quite happy being a lone mare and it's only at my request that she is looking at all, so it's likely she'll be a little picky about which Song she joins up with. Please don't let your stallions be too offended if she doesn't choose them, I'm trying to work with her.
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Re: Lone Mare Seeking Song

Post by Harroway »

Tumble is more than welcome to look at my three Songs. :) They're all linked in my sig.
Calomel
Is edible

Post by Calomel »

Tumble of the Dusty Skies looked over the stallions with a critical eye, taking her time and making sure her fosterer knew it was ultimately her choice as to the stallion she would choose. That gave her power, and she held to it tightly.

The first Song's stallion she liked well enough. He was a large, strong Samanyr with rainbow-hued coat and flashing intelligent eyes. A worthy sire of her future foals. Then her eyes fell to the mares standing behind him and her ears flattened. The lead mare she knew she would never get along with and to be fourth mare in a Song...never! With a snort, Tumble whirled away and sought out the next Song.

"You don't have to choose one immediately," Calomel said as they walked together to the next meeting place.

"I knowye thayt," Tumble grumbled, her pinfeathers drooping just slightly.

The next Song proved just as fruitless. The stallion was not to Tumble's liking, and his lead mare even shared part of her name. How terrible! However, there was still one Song left. Tumble of the Dusty Twilight didn't have such high hopes of the last Song's stallion. He apparently had no mares at all, and she spent a great deal of time on their walk there bemoaning the fact.

"Maybe he is weayk, or siykly," she muttered and Calomel 'tsk'd at her.

"Every young stallion must start somewhere, Tumble," she chided, "Just...stow your pride away for this one? Please?"

When they reached the meeting place, Cally whistled low. The Samanyr stallion stood among an outcropping of veined rosy granite, his coat matching the color well. He held his head high as nostrils flared to scent them and the sunlight highlighted the beautiful cyan accents in his fur. "Well isn't he a looker..." she murmured.

Tumble pricked her ears forward and began the slow walk to introduce herself to the latest Samanyr Stallion. "Hello. I am Dusty Twylight ~ Tumble," she said and lowered her head slightly, curious.
Tumble seems most interested in Glitter of the Granite Heart. I think she'd like to get to know him a little better before making any hasty decisions though.
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

Glitter would be more than happy to respond when I get some time tomorrow! :D
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

The stallion's ears perked as he saw the mare approach. Gallantly, he bowed his head to her. "I am known as Gyraniteheayrt~ Glitteyr. It is a pleasuyre to meet you." He shook some dust and leaves from his fur. He was out and about earlier that day, securing a nice hotspring for any future mares. It certainly wasn't for lack of trying on his part, but he still felt a pang of insecurity. He hoped he measured up! Puffing out his chest, he thought himself the vision of male pride. Of course, to most onlookers, he appeared more like a ham. A sweet ham, but a ham nonetheless!

"What a beautiful name you have!" he said, admiring her coat. Her wings were quite impressive, and she appeared to have bits of horns just like him. "And lovely wings as well."
Calomel
Is edible

Post by Calomel »

Calomel watched from some distance away, grinning. They were really quite cute, the two Samanyrs. Both secretly insecure, both trying hard to cover it and she couldn't help but chuckle behind her hand.

Tumble raised her head at the compliments, her ears swiveling forward to settle all of her attention on the young stallion. Lifting her wings in a slow stretch, she showed them off. Light caught the subtle iridescence and shone dark rainbows among the feathers. Of all her attributes she loved her wings best, the compliment was a good one and well chosen. Standing there looking at him she found herself liking him, though there were still some concerns she had before making her choice. "Are you stryong enouygh to defend what is yours?" she asked bluntly, getting to the point and implying herself, his territory and their future foals. He looked it, but she asked anyway.
Ooo, I think she likes him! She's just stalling...xD
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

Glitter: *puffs his chest out all manly man like* What's not to like? ;)

*sigh* He's such a ham. :lol:
Calomel
Is edible

Post by Calomel »

Tumble rolls her eyes, but sidles up next to her new stallion anyways.

A ham he may be, but humor is a valid way to a lady's heart! I think Tumble's made her choice. Yay! Glitter has his own Song now. Time to gather more mares, mahahaha! <3
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

Yay! I'll get their information set up in the song! Would you like her open, or closed and requiring permission to breed? :o
Calomel
Is edible

Post by Calomel »

Oh, I don't mind if she's an open breed. I really like the idea of open Songs. It's really refreshing in an adoptable! <3
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

I agree! She's now at home in her new song, with all her info up. If I missed something, just let me know. <3
Calomel
Is edible

Post by Calomel »

Yep, it's all there.

Lead Mare...wow. She's so proud! ^_^
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

May I just say that I adore you both for doing it this way? xD *gives you loads of luff and fluff*
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

Aww, we love you too, Jenn! <333
Calomel
Is edible

Post by Calomel »

Much loves for you too. *hug*
Sushidragon