Aywas

Talk about anything you want here.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Re: Aywas

Post by silvermoondragon »

Yes all the free items were confusing me too XD And yay random egg!

Does anyone know what you do to get those Gemini Lunaris? I think it has something to do with having a birthday in June... But do you just get it on your birthday or do you have to do something?
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Under User Settings there's a link that says It's Your Birthday? - I think you have to click that! Apparently there's a thread in the Bugs forum for people having trouble claiming their birthday pet.

The pick-a-number Lam ended up being won by Echos, congrats :D

Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

aaaah, ok. *waits until birthday comes*

I need to be better at keeping track of the time so I don't miss anymore events. I have been watching so many movies and tv show episodes lately... They are eating up my life :o My housemate has all the seasons of True Blood and has been getting me to watch them, as well as a bunch of random movies we picked up from the library. No job/school = lots of time wasting XD
NightFlyer
Samanayr
Samanayr

Post by NightFlyer »

So, you guys got me curious and I ended up registering an account over there. Now I have a melo addiction. Must find stuff for lair expansion! Um, does anyone know if the leaves are good for anything?
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

Leaves are used in the seasonal shop when it opens in the winter. :) I'm Syriune on Aywas, #3843 if you want to message me! :D
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Yeah, you guys got me intrigued too... #7041 is me!

I like Drylis and Phantos... and anything with the Astral coloration. :D
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Pathos
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Pathos »

I just joined as well, #7188...

I really have no idea what I'm doing though and I seriously dislike this pet I seemed to snag... it's some kind of green lizardy thing (not a fan of green lol)
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

I have another question, what is up with the pet item things? I've noticed when going through shops that you can buy pets, but they are like an item rather than a pet. Because I received an African Wild Dog from cooking, it's in my inventory, and I don't know what to do with it :O

Also, how do you get your pets to go up levels? I've been exploring but it doesn't seem to be helping. At first I was able to defeat most of the opponents and get to higher explore stages, but now I just keep losing and I can't get any further...
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

You guys should come hang out in my shop too! I've got two I'm running - I'm Syriune on Aywas, and I run Essentinals and Kiyamanen Children. We can totally dork out on Sammies in there too. XD
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

The little item-like pets are apprentices! If you equip it to your explorer pet it will eventually get enough points to level up and become a 'real' pet rather than an item. I was confused by those at first too XD To equip it to your active pet, go to User Settings and then under Pet Settings there's a link for Apprentices and you can equip it there (just make sure you don't release by accident, I did that with my first apprentice!).

You can equip weapons and defense items to your active pet which really helps with exploring. They're pretty cheap, or I can send you some if you'd like. The same goes for everyone else - I keep getting them as prizes for cooking and stuff and don't need them, and they're not worth selling XD
Image Image

Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

You guys got me curious, so I had to join as well. >3> #7217. I love Vynes, Melos, and Solis. :3
AsaraDragon
Nemesis

Post by AsaraDragon »

I decided to start a collection of Gaels. I'm up to three, wooo! :D
Nighthenge
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Nighthenge »

Y'all talked me into trying it out :mrgreen: I'm #7223

I can't make up my mind what species I want to concentrate on. Too many cute ones!

I just wish Chiros were a bit more common (I <3 bats).
Raitalle
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Raitalle »

Add another one to the "got talked into it" group :P I'm #7175, and I have two Melos and a Reve so far :) The pets are way too cute, and I love exploring. I definitely have a "gotta catch 'em all" drive already XD But omg there are so many colorations I don't even know how I'd get all of one! I feel like it might be best to start with picking one and concentrating on it, but I don't know which one to pick!
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

If you guys ever want anything out of my sales/trades section of my lair, hit me up! I'll be on the lookout for items and pets for you guys. I'm #3843. :D
Littlewolfe
Samanayr
Samanayr

Post by Littlewolfe »

Sooo...it probably wont be any shock to some, but yes. I'm over on Aywas too XD If any of you have been hanging out in Harr's shop, you know I live in there with her! Hehe, but just in case you haven't seen my shadow lurking, my account is (#4125)!
Xenon
Will Stalk You

Post by Xenon »

I just got started there, as well! Sorta. I made my account ages ago, then forgot about it. I'm.. not really sure what to do now, but it looks like it could be a whole lot of fun. @_@ I don't think I'm going after anything in particular - just things I like in general. If there are any pointers for something I can start doing quickly, to help me keep my interest (as opposed to dailies and stuff), that would rock. :D

My # is 3237
Xenon
Will Stalk You

Post by Xenon »

Bumping for stupid newbie question!

I found a Codex Page. Not a [whatever] Codex Page, just.. a Codex Page. What is this used for? :D
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Apparently it's something that's not yet coded. I'm holding on to mine just in case they do something cool later on XD There's a sticky in the Help board called "Frequently Asked Item Index" and I can usually find out what I need to about items there!

If you're still looking for stuff to do, there's always the Adoptables board there (which Samanayrs are on - an event should be starting up later today!) and I find that cooking is a good way to make money since you can get rare items to sell. You can have multiple pets doing it at once too. I've earned 1.4 million BP pretty much from cooking alone :D
Image Image

Xenon
Will Stalk You

Post by Xenon »

Good to know, thank you! I've been afraid of the forums so far (curse you, shyness x_x), but I think I'll creep my way over there to stalk your thread. >3

And wow, dang. o_O That's awesome. I'll keep with it, then! It's hard right now because my money fluctuates quite quickly, I'm finding. I won the jackpot on Bones twice, and then promptly spent it all again. XD
Bluestarwolf12

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

I got a Silver CD a while ago, and promptly put it up for sale. The average price was around 75k. Now, after about a week, the price has dropped by roughly 50k. >_>; And I still haven't sold it. D:
AsaraDragon
Nemesis

Post by AsaraDragon »

How on earth do you win the jackpot on Bones? I keep playing and keep getting Death and a bunch of little items. :/

Blue, I wonder if you should just turn it in yourself and hope for something more sell-able? XD

I can't seem to stay over 100k, I keep buying auctions and stuff. d'oh!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

It can be fun and frustrating as prices on the marketplace for items fluctuates XD When the scavenger hunt was on the price of Pancakes was waaaaay up because they were required for one of the tasks, but now they're back to normal. If I've had an item sitting around in my shop for a while without selling, I'll either lower the price to the going rate or take it out to wait until the prices rise again (or use it for myself!).

The auctions are fun, I'm one of those evil sniper people if I happen to be around at the end of the auction XD What type of pets is everyone collecting? I'm big on Oakls!
Image Image

Bluestarwolf12

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Melos and Vynes. But mostly Vynes. The price of Truely Random Eggs kept dropping as well, so I was all 'Aw, heck. I'll see what I get.' So I hatched it and got a Hippie Mushroom Vyne. Super Rare. X3 Yay~

Also, out of curiosity, what's the weirdest, funniest, or creepiest personality of a pet that you own? I've got a few odd ones.
Uncivilized|Neat|Focused
Spunky|Talented|Spunky
Hyperactive|Sadistic|Hostile
Melodramatic|Carnal|Saintly
To name a few. >3>
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

I'm still collecting Solis, though I've now got most of the catchable ones. Just waiting for more of the pet store ones to rotate back in and watching for limited ones. But I'm also sort of collecting Rogrs as well (particularly Peacock Copper ones), though not as heavily as Solis. Random eggs and potions are fun though!

Hmm...*goes to browse pet personalities for a bit* Here's some of the stranger ones I had.

| Brazen | Carnal | Risky |
| Spastic | Businesslike | Jaded |
| Scarred | Bubbly | Cannibalistic |
| Blind | Affectionate | Dead |
| Optimistic | Undead | Obsessed |
| Gentle | Mellow | Sadistic |
| Blind | Dead | Spoiled |
| Demonic | Trickster | Trustworthy |

I'm quite sure I have more interesting personalities...I just don't feel like digging through more of my lair right now. I do keep watching for one that is both Dead and Undead though.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image