Aywas

Talk about anything you want here.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: Aywas

Post by Sushidragon »

I don't have too many strange ones - lots of appropriate ones, actually - but here's some I found amusing:

| Demonic | Mystical | Friendly |
| Sympathetic | Destructive | Compassionate |
| Rabid | Ticklish | Reasonable |

Random items are a lot of fun :D I've used a couple of the random Oakl potions and random eggs and every time it's fun to see the result! The zapper is fun too, I got a Rudolph Melo out of it the other day XD
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
rys
Foal
Foal

Post by rys »

I just signed up here today, still quite confusing.

I have a pretty samanayr...

I'm #25 on aywas.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Welcome to the forums Rys! Your Ice is a very pretty girl, congratulations! Should you have any questions, feel free to send me a pm or post up a question.
Littlewolfe
Samanayr
Samanayr

Post by Littlewolfe »

| Rabid | Ticklish | Reasonable |

OMG that one just made me die for some reason XD Those are great personalities, Sushi!

I can't say that I've had any luck with any of the Randoms (potions or eggs) and the zap hasn't given me anything great. But I seem to get entertained by seeing what small things it changes without actually changing the pet!
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

Welcome to the forums Rys! Its always nice to see new faces :) If you have any questions feel free to ask.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Hello and welcome rys! :D

I got a circuit Rogr out of the zapper, but that's the best so far. The past three days I haven't gotten anything. :/

I'm still collecting Gaels, I've got a pretty good collection going now, with the help of a few people! :D I'm also going to start hoarding Palomino Oakls. Just caught my first one yesterday, yahoo!

I have a couple of interesting pets, personality-wise. My favorite is a Barn Owl Reve I caught yesterday. I had a Labyrinth moment, so I named him Jareth. His personality:
| Masochistic | Arrogant | Impulsive |

Sort of fits. XD
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Raitalle
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Raitalle »

Ack, so I want to post in the Sam thread on Aywas because I don't want to miss out on stuff there, but I'm afraid (well, not afraid, I just feel awkward doing it) to post "naked" like, without an avatar. I'm not sure what I should use for one there though, since I don't really have any regular sized avatars for anything aside from here, but I don't know if I want to use a Sam one again. Any ideas?

Also, I was wondering what everyone here does for dailies and things. I have a few things that I'm doing, but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything :3
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Welcome Rys! Good to see more people following Sams over here! They certainly brought enough of us over to Aywas! And yes, don't hesitate to ask if there's anything you're still confused about! You certainly do have a lovely mare!

Got fursona/persona art Raitalle? That makes good avatars. And you don't have to have a full 100x100 image either; smaller avatars seem to work fine. Mine over there is only 70 pixels wide and it isn't distorting to fit or anything.

Dailies...I play Pick-A-Leaf, sometimes Guess The Number, sometimes Higher or Lower. Check to see if Xero's Pet Research wants something I have, Listen to Xero Whine. Crystal ball every hour I remember. Tam's Item Quest, Scavenger Hunt, Zave's Free Food, Nag Kaz and Shoe (but I only go from noon-midnight when Shoe is active because I've heard that Kaz can kill pets), Rogue's Zapping. Then I cook sporatically throughout the day.

*looks at list* I do more dailies there than I realized...
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Welcome to the forums, rys, glad to see you here :D Like everyone else has said, if you have any questions, just ask!

I do pretty much the same dailies as Ori XD Ooh and I forgot to get my free food for today!

As for avatars, I like to find icons based on things I'm interested in, like TV shows and hobbies, and use those. My default LJ icon for the past few years has been a character from the show Firefly XD

And if anyone's interested, I'm running a sanity-paced Frankensam in the Aywas Samanayr thread right now!
Image Image

Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Welcome to the forum, Rys! :D

I just snagged an Iris Vyne with the personality | Mature | Immature | Deaf |. How does that work, exactly? :O
NightFlyer
Samanayr
Samanayr

Post by NightFlyer »

I'm collecting Melos! *drools over Sushi's Rudolph*

Okay! Questions! What's "zapping"? I've seen lots about it, but haven't quite figured out what it is. >_< Also, does anyone know what the Rosetta Stone does? Is it like the codex pages and hasn't been coded yet or am I doing something wrong when I try to use it? >_>

Must. Get. More. Space. *wanders off the check out Sam thread and look into this cooking thing*
Bluestarwolf12
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Go to Play > Games > Rogue's Zapping. You need to collect all of the colored speres (they're generally about 1k-2k BP each), then you can 'zap' a pet of yours every day. It might change a stat, change it's species, do nothing, etc. :3

:EDIT: And in case I didn't make it clear, you only need to collect them once, then you don't need to do it again.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

I think the Rosetta stone causes an egg you have incubating to hatch instantly instead of in three days. I've never used one though. So I'm not sure how it works.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Raitalle
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Raitalle »

Haha, now I have too many avatars I want to use and don't know which to choose. Thanks guys :P

Also, thanks for the dailies lists :) Sounds basically what I'm doing already, which is good. Aside from the zapping thing, I still need to get all the orbs, and I'm not as in a hurry for that one, since I don't want to risk changing any of the pets I have yet.
NightFlyer
Samanayr
Samanayr

Post by NightFlyer »

Ahhhhh. Thank, guys! Now I know why my Rosetta stone never did anything. I have no eggs. XD I'll have to go looking for more spheres.

Okay, another question, for those of you doing this cooking thing. I have all of the ingredients that Chaos is asking for. Only problem is, it's not recognizing my bits of meat or ochberry (or however you spell that thing) branch. Am I supposed to buy them? Do I just not have enough of them? Does Chaos just hate me?

Edits: Whoot! Figured it out! *starts cookin'*
Nighthenge
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Nighthenge »

I'm mainly collecting Reves. I've managed to gather quite a bunch of thugs and violet personalities.
Rynnie
Samanayr Stalker and Fangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystery, Desert, Shifter & Kodyla

Post by Rynnie »

Welcome, Rys. I'm #4832.

Would anyone swap a Gold Custom Crystal for Renewals? 50 - 75% line art edit changes.

50 GP => 1/2 One Year Renewals and Change?

I'd consider taking adoptables from the artists I stalk, if you wanted to make up the change.
AsaraDragon
Nemesis

Post by AsaraDragon »

For those collecting spheres, I have a teal and a yellow that I don't need, just let me know if you want them and I will send them over!
Rynnie
Samanayr Stalker and Fangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystery, Desert, Shifter & Kodyla

Post by Rynnie »

I would like the Yellow. Also needing Flaming Sorbet, Baking Soda, Grill & Pots and Pans.
Raitalle
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Raitalle »

Could I maybe have the Teal? Collecting the spheres is on my to-do list, but there is so much stuff on that list and a lot is expensive, so it's slow going XD
AsaraDragon
Nemesis

Post by AsaraDragon »

Sure :) I will send them both shortly!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I can help out with spheres as well, which ones does everyone need? :O
Image Image

Raitalle
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Raitalle »

Eee, thanks Asara! :D Now I need...all but Teal XD I hadn't done much towards collecting them yet since I had other priorities >.>

Also I need to express my sadness at my recent cooking mistake. I needed a White Russian for my current recipe, and those are really expensive, so I was like...I guess I'll just give up and start a new one. What I did not know is that sets you all the way back to level 1 :( I guess I was only at 8, which is relatively not too bad, but it had still taken me a while to get there. I wish there had been some sort of warning there or something.
Nighthenge
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Nighthenge »

Has everyone run into the Lacers yet? I like 'em!
AsaraDragon
Nemesis

Post by AsaraDragon »

@Raitalle You are welcome! :D I think there is supposed to be a warning, but the text doesn't all show up. It says "Are you sure? I/" and that's it. If I come across another Teal sphere I will certainly send it your way though!

@Nighthenge YES! I have four so far and I lurrrrve them <3 I may start collecting them since my Gaels are more or less at a standstill. :)