Aywas

Talk about anything you want here.
tbiris
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Re: Aywas

Post by tbiris »

@_@ I can't wait until they manage to fix it all.
The broken images keep bugging me. XD
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I've really gone off Aywas since they switched over to the new version, hopefully they'll have everything fixed soon.
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Littlewolfe
Samanayr
Samanayr

Post by Littlewolfe »

I logged on to Aywas the other day and just stared. I can't say I like the new look of it :/ Was very disappointed when I finally logged in after several weeks of inactivity. And from what I'm understanding, exploring is a lot different than it was before??
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

Weird, Aywas had never really grabbed me but today I went to try and log in and see the changes but I can't get past the log in page. I'm using the right username and password, it just doesn't seem to register that I've entered it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Yeah, explore is quite a bit different. The same in some ways...but different overall. Now you have to fight uncatchable monsters as part of quests to master the zones, and you have a limited number of attacks you can make which is only replenished by a rest event while exploring. But I've heard that once you master a zone then various activities open in them, like mining is supposed to be the desert activity. There's also no random items to be picked up, instead there are random merchants trying to sell you mostly overpriced junk. Though they do sell random eggs and other worthwhile items on occasion. Monsters also give BP or sometimes items when defeated. It's taking some getting used to.

Are you using IE by chance Echos? They said on their twitter account that:
"It looks like our login problem is due to incompatibility with Internet Explorer - try using Firefox or Chrome if you can't get in for now!
4:31 PM Aug 10th via web"

Hopefully they'll fix that... I know IE is sort of looked down upon as a browser, but it seems weird to make a site incompatible with it. Though I have logged on using IE, so I don't know what's going on there.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

The only thing I don't like about the new explore is that I can't use any of my old pets for anything but BP gathering. I have one who is over level 60, but she only has 10 AU. I used her to catch a level 12 pet in the West River, who has 70 AU. If they were going to limit attacks so much, they should make the rest event chance a little bit higher, so people can actually, you know, like, do stuff. >.>
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

I almost forgot to mention one other fairly large change...you now have to purchase a license before you can catch any pets, otherwise you get hit with a pretty hefty fine. There's several varieties, each with a different limit on how many pets you can catch per day. But once you buy one, you have it for good.

I've actually still been exploring with one of my old pets. I just have to be picky about what I battle with her. Yeah, only 10 AU is a bit of a pain, but we're doing ok. And I've seen on the forums that they plan to eventually have a way to buy more AU and other moves.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Raitalle
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Raitalle »

My biggest issue so far is the fact that I cannot find how to search user shops. I assume they still have that in there and I'm just to dumb to find it, but it's really frustrated me XD I've almost stopped playing entirely since they upgraded; it was kind of too big a change all at once right when I had just gotten the hang of the old site!
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Archives > Search to search user shops. Really weird place for it, but that's where they stuck it.

There's are a bunch of the new pages that they had just put up before the move, like the info page on breeding, or on species that do seem to have vanished in the move.

I'm getting used to the changes...but I don't think it was quite ready to go live. And I'm afraid to cook anymore because people keep posting that items with charges aren't always getting them and sometimes just vanish on the first use.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Rynnie
Samanayr Stalker and Fangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystery, Desert, Shifter & Kodyla

Post by Rynnie »

Raitalle wrote:
Rynnie wrote:Actually, as I'm just jump starting a club that grants people's wishlists on Aywas, I might consider just handing teh Melo over, if you have that on your list. >>;
If you were talking to me...yeah, my goal right now is to collect all the Melo colorations, and I don't have that one yet.
That Melo had an accident, wherein I forgot to check which pet I was handing to Rogue, and was turned into a different color Melo. Sorry about the color change. *snortgiggle*Do you still want that now?
Raitalle wrote:Although you don't need to feel like you need to just hand it over or something, I'm still trying to get a feel for what pets are worth in in-game cash and stuff, and I was wondering what you would have seen as a fair trade.
Er, honestly? Sams by Sushi. *shifty eyes* I stalk that SushiDragon muchly.

On a related note, anyone want an Ember Phanto? And what does everyone think about the new lineart?
Last edited by Rynnie on Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rynnie

Post by Rynnie »

Double post, but the October announcement has me all excited. Vampires will be led by Chimera, Zombies will be led by Zave, Reapers will be led by Chaos, Ghosts will be led by Spenser, Werewolves will be led by Riley...and for demons...no one's volunteered yet...but they'll force someone into it.

So who's backing which team?
AsaraDragon
Nemesis

Post by AsaraDragon »

I'm a vampire. And not liking the talisman collection thing at all. I've been through my highest-level pet's energy 3 times and have not found one. I hope the rest of the events are a bit more exciting!
Rynnie

Post by Rynnie »

Demon. And reading, to get up to speed.
Xenon
Will Stalk You

Post by Xenon »

FFFFFF I GOT A CUSTOM CRYSTAL GRAB BAG FROM THE WISHING THREAD HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN

sorry guys I may be spazzing right now XD
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

Sushidragon wrote:I've really gone off Aywas since they switched over to the new version, hopefully they'll have everything fixed soon.
This. I can't stand the new version and other things have grabbed my attention. :(
AsaraDragon
Nemesis

Post by AsaraDragon »

Grats Xenon!!!
Rynnie

Post by Rynnie »

@Xenon: 'Grats, babe. <3
AsaraDragon
Nemesis

Post by AsaraDragon »

For those of you that still play, I just wanted to let you know that I've moved in with Thymey over at #298, and someone else bought my account. :D Yay for lair partnering!