Mr. Right Found!

Have a new Song looking for members? Want to trade an item for something else? This is the place to go!
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Mr. Right Found!

Post by Jennalyn »

Dance of the Savannah Winds

The lovely and spirited Dance is currently seeking a stallion who can keep up with her and appreciate her wild, untamed beauty. She was born to a Desert mother who left her sandy home in favor of firmer, though still arid, lands. Running and dancing are her biggest hobbies, and she's not going to give them up for anyone.

She'll only be happy in a home that's warm to temperate; a colder Northern climate would make her miserably long for home. I'd also personally love if the stallion's colors complimented her palette, either by reflecting warm colors like her browns or paler colors like her highlights and accents.

If I don't accept your stallion right away, please don't take it personally. I still luff you. <3 Please respond if you think your menfolk might be interested!
Last edited by Jennalyn on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragonspyrit
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Re: Active young mare seeks Mr. Right

Post by Dragonspyrit »

*nudges Sand forward*

He's starting to get on in years, but.. the fellow could use some companionship. Sand of the mingling dunes used to lead a small Song in the desert, traversing the dunes as nomads, happily living off the sparse bounty of the land (a samanayr doesn't take much!). One fateful night the mother of all sandstorms began raging without any of the typical warnings. They had no time to prepare... Sands lost his entire song except for his only daughter. Heartbroken and feeling a terrific failure for not being able to protect his Song (though In truth he knows not whether some were able to survive... he has not seen them since and presumes them dead), he wandered with the young filly who stayed lovingly and faithfully by his side, blaming him for nothing and loving her father dearly.

Still, his daughter was ill-suited to the harsh, unforgiving sun and heat of the desert; she had been born an albino. Despite her loyalty and much-needed companionship, when she came of age, he besought a traveling merchant to book her passage far, far away. He wanted her to be somewhere where she would be safe from the shifting sands and the sun's blinding light of the desert. She was named Purity of Unbroken Snowfall, for the first time she saw a plane of snow and not of sand, she could but marvel at this wondrous thing, not wanting to mar it's pristine surface.

Sands has somewhat come to terms with the loss of his song... but he still blames himself. He continues to wander alone through the desert, a scruffy, lonely creature resigned to spend the rest of his days alone and without the warmth and laughter brought by another's love.

Perhaps he is wrong? :>
Custom Line Art | Image | My PIFF: Click!
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

-is dragged into the thread by Plunge-

Quite wild in his own right, Plunge gravitates towards one of the hottest places outside of the desert, a series of small hotsprings at the base of a volcano, where rivers of lava are more common than their water counterparts and the air is thick with ash and steam.
His song consists of a single Desert mare who, in a chance meeting, captured his attention with her misleadingly demure coloring and conniving mind and now resides with him in the cloaking mists.

Though the two are happy, Plunge desires a female who can keep up with his seemingly never-ending energy and match him leap for leap, dance for dance. Despite his bright colors, he has a soft spot for Samanayrs whose coats follow a more natural path.

Leaping animatedly through the tree tops, using his webbed wings to keep him aloft on even the thinest of branches, Plunge watches the ground beneath him and the air above him with surprising interest. Of course, distracted in such a way, he was paying little attention to where his hooves hit wood, and soon enough a tangled webbing of vines caught and tripped him. Several broken branches later, the slightly dazed Lamanayr lay upside down in a heap, at the base of a sturdy tree. For the moment, the fall had left him unable to move, partially because of the stars dancing in front of his eyes, but mostly because of the pile of vines that had fallen down with him, trapping him like a leafy green net.
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Thank you both for posting your handsome stallions! Her ears perked interestedly forward upon hearing of them both, so different and yet so appealing. I have some follow-up questions from Dance, based on what they've put forward.

"Sand, is it? Youyr age does not deteyr me in the slightest. My siyre taught me a healthy yrespect foyr the wisdom of matuyrity. What has the woyrld taught you about live and love? You seem to have wandeyred it foyr many a yeayr befoyre now. How have you occupied youyrself? What do you do foyr fun, even afteyr all that has happened to you? I am saddened to heayr of youyr loss, but I am moyre inteyrested in youyr histoyry than I am in youyr daughteyr's. It speaks well of you as a fatheyr that you cayre so deeply, but how do you look at the woyrld now? Do you still have hope?"

"Plunge, you seem to be quite the chayracteyr! Have you yreally seen yriveyrs of lava up close? I've neveyr been anywheyre neayr a volcano befoyre. Does youyr otheyr mayre like it theyre? Do you think she would like me, oyr would I weayr heyr out? How well do you expect to get to know youyr mayres? And ayre you often so clumsy? That was an amusing tumble. Not to say I haven't had to eat a face full of diyrt befoyre foyr my dancing. What do you do with all of youyr eneyrgy? What makes you happy? How do you think membeyrs of neayrby Songs see you? Do you keep youyr lands safe?"
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

Journey's a young stallion looking to start a song. He's not what one would call wild but certainly free spirited and abounding in curiosity. He's intrested in everything and is always willing to try something new if sounds like it might be exciting. Like his name suggests Journey loves to travel and move around and while deserts aren't his favorite place he certainly prefers warmer weather and wouldn't mind spending time finding just the right place to call home. He is generally an easy going stallion and often described as sweet and friendly and would like to find a mare who shares these qualities. More than that however he'd like to find a mare who is willing to experiance life without worry and regret.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

"A tyraveleyr... how inteyresting. I haven't met many tyraveleyrs in my time, at least not yet. I would not mind wandeyring foyr a little while befoyre settling on a peyrmanent home, but I will want a teyrritoyry to yroam someday. What do you do while you wandeyr to keep you fyrom getting boyred? What ayre youyr hobbies besides moving fyrom place to place? If you had to descyribe youyr spiyrit, what would you say? Do you think you can handle me? I've been told that sometimes I can get veyry stubboyrn, just like my motheyr. I'm not as tyraditional as she can be, but I sometimes pyrefeyr our own native species language to the woyrds of the Shayrians. How would you take this? What do you know and think of the tyraditions of ouyr people?"
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master

Post by CosmicDragon »

With a playful smirk, Plunge begins to shake off the net of vines, answering the mare's questions almost as fast as she could ask them.
"Indeed! Our home is styripped with them, like glowing chains, quite magnificent in theiyr own yright."
With a nod that also jostles leaves from his tuft of mane, he continues. "Echo is quite fond of it, though not foyr the yreasons you would think. I believe she likes to camouflage moyre than anything else. And she would be yrelieved to have you theyre! She gets tiyred of tyrying to keep up with me all by heyrself." He pauses for a moment to flick away a spider that had unwisely clung to his ear, then grins. "My mayres ayre my family... I plan to get to know them betteyr than they know themselves! ... And I must admit, these tumbles do seem to happen yratheyr yregulayrly. But such dances ayre woyrth the odd fall, wouldn't you say? My eneyrgy is both a blessing and a buyrden, but I exhaust a lot of it tyraining, though I always have some left oveyr foyr games."
The next question is one he ponders a little more carefully. "I suppose... Speed. In flight oyr on the gyround, the exhilayration of the woyrld bluyrring ayround me always cheeyrs me up. Ouyr neighboyrs think me quite wild, I believe... Most neveyr thought I'd settle down with a mayre. And though I am playful now, when my teyrritoyry oyr my mayres ayre thyreatened, I would fight to the death to pyrotect them. And, with my eneyrgy to fuel me, I can defeat almost any opponent."
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Dance listened to the vine-covered stallion, fascinated despite herself. Lava did sound fascinating and she wanted to see it someday. "Youyr Echo must be quite the lady to be able to put up with you all by heyrself. I have a feeling we would have something to talk about yright away. If you think that getting to know a lady is easy, though, you'll have to think again. We have ouyr own secyrets. Peyrhaps you will one day win them, howeveyr, if you ayre patient."

Listening to him explain himself, cheerful despite the barrage of questions, she couldn't help but smile a little. Eneyrgy and skill ayre not the same thing, of couyrse, but one is natuyral and the otheyr may be acquiyred. Or so says my motheyr. Youyr lands would be safeyr with moyre mayres, of couyrse. What do you think of families? I hope to have a foal someday, at the veyry least. They annoy me sometimes, the clumsy foals, but I think it would be diffeyrent if it was my own."

One of her hooves hit the ground in a beat, another following it. She lowered her head and looked him straight in the eye. "Will you dance with me?" And then she started to dance, heedless of his response. It was reflective of an older dance her mother had shown her from the Desert Songs, but she had adapted it to suit her and cared less for the steps than the feel.
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master

Post by CosmicDragon »

"She does have heyr moments." There was pride in his eyes as he spoke of his (currently) only companion, for she had endured more hardships then he, and come out victorious. Free-spirited as he was, he trusted her judgment implicitly. But she was cool, collected, quiet... He could draw her from her shell now-and-then, but he needed someone with which he could share the highs and lows that came more powerfully to him than to her. "And I am eteyrnally patient... To this day, I have bayrely scyratched the suyrface of my Echo's past! But I know that, in time, we will shayre all."

Noticing the almost imperceptible smile of the mare, Plunge couldn't help an equally small blush. "This is veyry tyrue. And while I have eneyrgy to spayre, I still yrequire much tyraining. Yes, I suppose they would, with moyre mayres to patyrol them... Though the mayres would by my conceyrn moyre than the land." His blush deepened slighty, and his grin turned coy. "I hope to siyre many foals someday. Despite how uncooyrdinated they can be, I long foyr a youngling to shayre wisdoms with. To have kin, blood of my blood."

Having finally shaken the last of they annoying vines off his limbs, the mare's question was both well-timed and welcome. However, he had never partnered anyone in his dances before... But, nonetheless, the lure of such impulsive, wild movement was too strong for him to ignore, and with a deep-chested hrr he began to move. His wings flared, extended, then folded, thumping a rhythm through the air around them as his hooves struck earth in complicated patterns he cared little for. His eyes were on his partner, and his precision such that not a single hair crosses the small space between them to touch the mare.
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

OOC: You know... from how they've been getting on, I think that Dance would enjoy going back to his lands with Plunge, see what all the fuss is about. She also wants to get an eyeful of all the lava and meet the mare who's been willing and able to handle him thus far all by herself. Please add her to the Song page when you can and I'll edit her info to put her in there. <3 And thank you!
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master

Post by CosmicDragon »

OOC: And I reckon Plunge is going to revel in her company there. Echo will be so relieved... XD I'll add Dance right away! This was heaps of fun, by the way. <3 Thank you so much for giving him the chance to 'strut his stuff', as it were.
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

OOC: I think that Dance is such a gorgeous-looking mare, and I really can't wait to see her settling into her new home and frolicking. I also love the pale-touched theme of Plunge's mares so far. xD It makes me think of my stallion Snow, who just thought that mares with patches of white were the prettiest thing he had ever seen and adores his collection of white-marked ladies.

Her current Song has been changed both in the database and on her page. :3