holiday season thoughts?

Talk about anything you want here.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

holiday season thoughts?

Post by RikkuGirl »

Hey guys! I need some help and inspiration! This is the holiday season. What reminds you of this time? What colors do you think,why? I just need some help for a personal project im on and id love for you all to help inspire me :)

If you can just answer the following :D tytyty soooo much guys.

1. What's the first word you think of when thinking of the holidays or christmas?
2. One color, why?
3. Another color, why?
4. What sam species, why?
5. A very rare or lower trait that you would imagine on a sam, why?
6. A rare or lower trait that you feel would compliment #4, why?
7.One common or ucommon trait that is YOUR fav.
8. What is YOUR favorite reason to celebrate the holidays?

Thank you guys! Oh and....I love pictures :D
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Re: holiday season thoughts?

Post by Seren »

1. What's the first word you think of when thinking of the holidays or christmas?
Warmth. Warmth of cocoa, cookies right out of the oven, fires... the warmth of joy, love... and the warmth of nostaglia of happier times that are no longer here.

2. One color, why?
White. Whitteeeee. Our Christmases in Germany were almost always white, and white is a big christmas decorating color, bigger than green or red (though those are popular too.) ^__^

3. Another color, why?
Gold, for similar reasons.

A Nothern Tribal Lamanayr. I don't know, very... Reindeer like. Warm, decked out.

Ignis. *chuckles* Warmth, remember?

Combination Wings, Butterfly and Draconic. Reminds me of stained glass, but fast, and personally I think if Santa's reindeer could have wings, they'd have dragon wings.

Hm. Antlers or Paws. XD They're so cute.

For past love, and love of the future, and to appreciate what I have gained. (and I don't mean material stuff. ;3)

This was fun. ^___^
But hard to decide. So many things I wanted to say! I probably could have answered it... like over a dozen times. XD

I'd love to draw something, maybe if I get some free time tomorrow! :3
Signature under construction!
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Well now, those are two very different things... XD
When I think of 'holidays' I instantly think 'Halloween'. My love of everything dark and scary and quirky... It consumes all. >.>
However, when I think of christmas, I think days spent in the pool with my family or watching DW with my sister. Days where anything involving our family isn't painful and terrifying and illegal. >>
2. One color, why?
Silver. Because we always get to pick a colour each for the tree, and mine is always silver. <3 It's one of my favourite colours, and the one that inspires christmassy thoughts.
3. Another color, why?
White. Because, despite living somewhere where 'Christmas' is synonymous with 30'C heat, this particular holiday is always filled with thoughts of snow falling elsewhere in the world.
Illiayr Healer. One thing that always screams christmas wherever I am is the perpetual, at-times even aggravatingly so, twinkle of christmas lights on every house, in every yard, on every tree. You can't go anywhere without their glow to light your way, and so what better way to symbolise that than with a Illiayr, whose points glow with the same brilliance? And a Healer because, if nothing else, for our family christmas is the time to forget anger and sadness amongst ourselves and others to just enjoy the company of those we love. <3 Effective, though sometimes only temporary, healing.
Perennial Growth- A pine tree, bedecked in simple ornaments. Course, ours is usually actually driftwood we tie together into our own custom 'tree', but the symbolism is there.
Pudgy. Okay, you have to admit, when Christmas is over and you warily go to see what damage has been done to your diet, you've always gained weight. ALWAYS. It's the time of year that good food abounds and there's always more with which to gorge yourself. Especially when it comes to sweet things. Mmmm...
Hrmmm... Either Fangs, or Draconic Wings. <3 Both I love so very much!
Family. They're crazy and stupid and chaotic and a helluva lot more trouble than they're worth some days/months, but I still love them so much. <3<3 Any reason to spend time just hanging out without fighting or arguing or crying involved is one I will eagerly cling to!
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

1. What's the first word you think of when thinking of the holidays or christmas? Lights! I love how everything is brighter and lit up around the holidays. That may seem a little strange but I really miss the light in the winter.
2. One color, why? Green, because my Christmases in Vancouver were always green ones!
3. Another color, why? White, because that's what m Christmases here are like XD
4. What sam species, why? Northern, because they're fluffy and warm :D
5. A very rare or lower trait that you would imagine on a sam, why? Antlers! Reindeer! Santa! XD
6. A rare or lower trait that you feel would compliment #4, why? Full tufts, to keep those feet nice and warm.
7.One common or ucommon trait that is YOUR fav. Feathered wings!
8. What is YOUR favorite reason to celebrate the holidays? Now more than ever I love getting to spend time with my family. As Baby Sushi gets older I'm looking forward to him getting excited about the holidays :D
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Eeeeee! You all are great! I need to get started! I have so much inspiration!

Im def going with :

Traits: antlers, fangs, foot tufts, tines, glacials, bob tail
colors: white, silver, green
accessories: christmas lights and ornaments
Inspirational words: scary, excited

:D id love other imput. You all are helping me so much to finish my project! <3
Last edited by RikkuGirl on Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Sams!

Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

sounds great! :3 I love those colors and traits <3
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

*finally stops working long enough to answer these* Just in case you still wanted a few more...

1. What's the first word you think of when thinking of the holidays or Christmas? Wreath! Though, I have to admit, I was hoping the first word to pop into my head would be a little more exciting that than... *crooked grin* I guess I was thinking of decorating soon?
2. One color, why? Deep green- for pine trees and yew and wintergreen, which really catch the eye in winter.
3. Another color, why? Light blue- for snowfields at dusk, which really make me want to go snowshoeing.
4. What sam species, why? Northern, mainly because they look so warm and fuzzy, like a good blanket...though, if we can do combination species, I would probably go with Northern Illiayr, just to add the Bioluminescence/holiday lights theme too.
5. A very rare or lower trait that you would imagine on a sam, why? Glacies...mainly because I'm a master of the obvious, I suppose. XP But the idea of lights playing off of icicles really just struck me as a beautiful one anyway.
6. A rare or lower trait that you feel would compliment #4, why? Tines, since that would make a nice ledge for the icicles to hang off of, plus it would be next to a number of the Bioluminescence spines as well if we stick with the Northern/Illiayr theme.
7.One common or uncommon trait that is YOUR fav. I think I have far too many favorite traits to answer this properly. ^^ I'll have to go with Bob Tail this time though...and not just because I think I have one out of every four Sams with that trait. *grins*
8. What is YOUR favorite reason to celebrate the holidays? I'm going to have to agree with everyone else- just hanging out with my family. I get to see all the cousins who live in different states, eat too much food, play some games...and, mainly, just be happy.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Oooooo !!! :D I love the thought of tines with glacies on em! :D very cool. and bob tail would suite well I think. :D

^_^

Lets just say this has to do with a story that is being created! :D And well... You guys have helped me to come up with the main ...."evil" character? D: *gasp*

Christmas catastrophy! *spazes* oh no!
My Sams!

Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

*chuckles evilly in a corner* >:3

Want to read it nao! *flails*

On a side note, I want to draw some Christmas Sams now for fun! ^___^

I love your ideas Janalee! Well I love Cosmic and Sushi's too but I love the tines with glacies. ^___^