Gotta have a little weight loss brag!

Talk about anything you want here.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Gotta have a little weight loss brag!

Post by Sushidragon »

I can officially fit into my pre-pregnancy pants again! It's only taken 15 months XD; Guess that eating right and exercise is paying off!

Anyone else trying to get fit after the holidays? What kind of stuff are you doing? I've been going to the gym 3-4 times a week and I'm doing the 'couch to 5k' running program!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Re: Gotta have a little weight loss brag!

Post by SilverDapples »

Weeew!! Go Sushi!! That's so great! (time I suppose not, but you fit, so that's like awesome!)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

Whew! Sushi! :D Proud of you!

It's hard to lose weight, I lost 18 pounds in a month, but I wouldn't suggest the "sick every day" diet. X3

But really, awesome job! :D
Signature under construction!
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

Congrats Sushi! Weight loss is never easy, and having a baby around makes it harder to take the time for oneself. I'm duly impressed by your commitment, I don't think I could manage an exercise regime like that.

I've put on a fair bit of weight over the years at college, too much junk food and eating out. I've slowly been trying to change my diet, increasing fruits and vegetables and limiting the processed food. I think the most helpful thing for me has been a sense of adventure and curiosity when it comes to trying new things. Vegetables Every Day has become my go-to reference for figuring out how to deal with new vegetables or new ways to prepare the old favorites. Roasted beets are a recently discovered favorite in our household now :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Nice! I am actually on a high protein, high veggie and high excercise diet.

NO carbs, NO sugars and NO drinks (only water)

YES it is very strict but it has paid off already. I have lost 5 lbs in 7 days. I just need to keep it up.

I get up at 7 in the morning. Walk a mile.

go to work (walk on my two fifteen min breaks)

Go home

Run a mile and a quarter

:D and thats my day ^_^
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Congratulations!

I'm so lucky I can get away with just walking across campus as my exercise, even with eating so many sweets... I don't know, I generally avoid all "fat-free/sugar-free" and other healthily labeled foods like the plague as I don't really like the taste of them.
Sometimes I swear I live off sugar :O
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

LUCKY! Lol *grumbles* I wish i could eat all the cookies and frie chicken i could ever want and never gain a pound :/ hmmm
My Sams!

Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

@SilverDapples - I suppose later is better than never XD

@Seren - Yikes, that doesn't sound like a very good 'diet' >_>;; Hope you're feeling better now!

@amazondreamer - Truthfully, one of the things that keeps me going back is the childminding there XD I get a whole hour completely to myself while Baby Sushi is off having fun! Win-win :D

That book looks really interesting, I do tend to make the same veggies over and over. Especially in the winter.. stupid winter >:[

@RikkuGirl - Oh man, I definitely couldn't do that! Good luck!

@silvermoondragon - Walking is always great! Mr Sushi mentioned the other day that he did a lot of walking when he was at university XD I'm not a big fan of fat/sugar-free stuff either, I'd rather splurge on a little of the real thing or make a healthier version at home!
Image Image

RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

I wont lie. I cheat sometimes O_O

:D and thanks sushi! and thank you Silvermoon

Im putting alot of effort into this diet and I dont want to fail D:
My Sams!

Zincht
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Zincht »

I'm the fan of the 'couch to 5k' program, I haven't managed to get to any of my pre-pregnancy clothes yet, I've managed to get pregnant each time I get close >.< So we're talking sterilization.

I really like supporting all my friends in their weight-loss efforts, I'm glad to see that the weight-loss attempts listed so far are all including plenty of exercise! (they work best).

I'd love to get some advice for cooking with beans, I get a lot of them (dried) from a local food-supplement program, but my mom always had a vegetable garden, so I don't know how to use them.. in a way my 6yrs-and-under crew will eat. I'm also sure it will help with the weight-loss efforts, being able to eat more healthy foods.

Good work, Sushi! Good work, team!
*adds a rally dance*
Image Image Image Image Image
Burble | Memories | Flirt | Shoot | Diamond
Personalities!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

@Zincht - I'd imagine it's hard to lose the baby weight when they keep coming along XD If I was pregnant again I know I wouldn't be as active or eating as well as I am right now! There was a lot of fast food during that first nauseating trimester, then in the super cravings third trimester..

Hmm, beans. Chili? Soups? Quesadillas? I also use this black bean soft taco recipe a lot:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/black-bean ... detail.asp

Not sure what kind of beans you have, but I'm sure you could substitute other types for black beans! I usually add a pepper or two to the mix as well.
Image Image