Go out on an item-finding expedition!
Next scheduled expedition: N/A
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Expedition #9

Post by Jennalyn »

Some of you may be pleased to know that a "summer" Expedition will soon be underway! There will only be one running for the first time since the Expeditions began and it will be a Roleplaying Expedition. More participants will be permitted to join, however, so hopefully that will bring some smiles.

The Expedition is scheduled to begin on August 1st. Depending on how quickly players reply and how quickly I'm able to get back to everyone - which will take a little bit longer with more participants - it could run anywhere from around 7 to 10 days. Prizes will depend on both the creativity and number of your replies, as well as the paths you explore.

Skill is always a factor in RP contests, with legible replies of at least one paragraph preferred. They require consistent effort throughout the competition, but a reward is guaranteed - and there are always opportunities for more than one prize per participant!

This Expedition will require you to sign up for a slot beforehand, and there are limited slots. For this particular contest, the Sharians invite twelve participants. You are not required to be an owner to participate - if you do not have a Samanayr, you may ask to borrow one from someone else for the duration or you may create a name for a non-existing Samanayr to play during the Expedition.

Signups are open from NOW until July 29th @ 11:59PM PST. Twelve players will be randomly selected from all entrants to participate. I would highly recommend that you bring Sams who do well in the cold and/or the water. Aquatics and Northern Aquatics are very welcome for this Expedition in addition to non-aquatic Sams!

Please reply below with the following form filled out before August 30th:

Code: Select all

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Sam Name & ID or Image (if applicable):[/b]
[b]How do they feel about cold water?[/b]
Last edited by Jennalyn on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Re: Expedition #9

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Question! Are multi-stage Sams that are not yet fully grown applicable for use in this? (Reffering to Hunter of the Frigid Tundra) And if yes, would it count as one of the two RPs/arts required for their Adult growth?
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Username:AsaraDragon
Sam Name & ID or Image (if applicable):Lagoon (497)
How do they feel about cold water? She prefers warmer water, but will tolerate the cold if she has the right incentive. Finding items in a competitive environment is right up her alley as far as that goes!
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Username: Origami_Dragon
Sam Name & ID or Image (if applicable): Image
How do they feel about cold water? He's indifferent to cold, hates being wet. Cold water is fine to drink, but he won't go in it very willingly.

And yeah...perhaps not the best suited of my Sams to this event...but fun to RP. Which reminds me that he has a RP going that I need to reply to...
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Bluestarwolf12 wrote:Question! Are multi-stage Sams that are not yet fully grown applicable for use in this? (Reffering to Hunter of the Frigid Tundra) And if yes, would it count as one of the two RPs/arts required for their Adult growth?
I'm not quite certain! You'll probably want to PM Sushi on that - I certainly wouldn't object to his participation. :)
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

Username: Seren
Sam Name & ID or Image (if applicable): 920 (Essence of the Time Keeper)
How do they feel about cold water? Essence will tolerate anything cold- she prefers the cold- however, she may get grumpy if someone were to get her wet without her consent!

I wanted to use my new Elemental girl (badly) but she doesn't have an updated image yet... :/ Sirocco and Depths would be PERFECT for this Expedition!

EDIT: If I am allowed to use Sirocco (and Dapples can use Depths) Would I be allowed to change as long as it's before the deadline?
Signature under construction!
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Username: RikkuGirl
Sam Name & ID or Image (if applicable): Misery of the Frozen Stream

How do they feel about cold water? he loves cold water. It is the element of which he thrives. He has the ability to freeze large bodies of water or items that are his size or smaller, water is a better conductor than general masses that only contain smal amounts of water. He is able to absorb the water in the air as well as freeze it. So all in all....he is a BIG fan of cold water. :)
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Seren wrote:EDIT: If I am allowed to use Sirocco (and Dapples can use Depths) Would I be allowed to change as long as it's before the deadline?
Yes, I don't mind that at all. So long as edits are before the deadline, they're fine.
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

Username: amazondreamer
Sam Name & ID or Image (if applicable): 840 Acrobat of the Leaping Waves
How do they feel about cold water? Acrobat loves cold water. With his high energy levels and his natural insulation Acrobat is perfectly at home even in frigid waters. He's rather ungainly on land, but he can get around.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

Username: Orasteele
Sam Name & ID or Image (if applicable): Fathom (510)
How do they feel about cold water? He's a water elemental and definitely in HIS element. ^_~

oakleafwolf
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Lamanayr!

Post by oakleafwolf »

Username: oakleafwolf

Sam Name & ID or Image (if applicable):

How do they feel about cold water? Mystic isn't too concerned about cold in general, so long as the sun is up. He can warm himself up if need be, but he'd have to get creative if the lights went out! I picture him swimming like an aquatic snake with the advantage of some paddling.
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Username: LvSoulFriend
Sam Name & ID or Image (if applicable): 718 (Aurora of the Spirit's Dance
How do they feel about cold water? She prefers to not get wet >> Doesn't mind the cold though!

Might switch her out for Bubbles, but Aurora so badly wants to play!

Bubbles just wants to make bubbles >>
Bluestarwolf12
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Username: Bluestarwolf12
How do they feel about cold water? He absolutely adores the cold. It is his home and closest companion. He isn't terribly fond of water, though. xD

Sushi has given me the go-ahead. <3 I seriously contemplated using one of my Water Elementals, but both told me that they strongly dislike cold. So Hunter it is. :3
Kagari
is behind you
is behind you
Favorite Sam species: Northern

Post by Kagari »

Username: Kagari
Sam Name & ID or Image (if applicable): Glaze of Iridescent Scales (338)
How do they feel about cold water? Glaze loves it. It keeps her scales nice and shiny, plus dodging bits of ice is quite fun, even if she's not the best at said game.

Pristine
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Pristine »

Username: Pristine
Sam Name & ID or Image (if applicable): Flair of the Fire's Edge
How do they feel about cold water? All the long hair means Flair's fine in the cold, but as for water, that's only for baths and drinking, and he's never taken anything but a warm bath...
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

Username: Janalee
Sam Name & ID or Image (if applicable): Joy of the Unkept Secret, 860
How do they feel about cold water? She's...not a fan of the cold. But water is fabulous!

With the cold, the likely presence of Northern Aquatics, and her desire to talk to everyone else, I fear she'll be less than useful here...but I just couldn't resist putting her name down anyway, for about all of those reasons. *crooked grin* Poor Joy. Anyway, thanks for the chance and for hosting an Expedition!
Novanight
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Novanight »

Username: Nova Night
How do they feel about cold water? She would preferred to stay out of the cold deeo water if possible, thought she no problem with the small amounts of it. She has after all living most of her live at one of the poles.
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Stallion
ImageImage
Stormelle
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Stormelle »

Username: Stormelle
How do they feel about cold water?
Etching loves ice, it's part of how she got her name. And while she may not be a Nothern or Aquatic she does enjoy the cold. Swimming in cold water...Well. She's not so fond of that but she'll deal with it if she has to.(though she will avoid it via flying if possible)
Yildun
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Minayr

Post by Yildun »

Username: Yildun
Sam Name & ID or Image (if applicable): Guardian of the Treasured Home, 937
How do they feel about cold water?
Guardian is okay with cold, though she can't handle extreme conditions for as long as an Arctic. She loves swimming, is pretty good at it, but generally swims during hot weather. It'd be possible to ignore the cold, if she's feeling dedicated to necessity, but hypothermia could still be a problem for her. Regardless, she is feeling adventurous right now and wants to come along. :)
Image Pony Island Image `'..'` Image Image `'..'` Image Dragon Cave Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Username: silvermoondragon
Sam Name & ID or Image (if applicable): Vapor, 736
How do they feel about cold water? Being a steam elemental(with lots of nice warm flames), Vapor is fine with cold, and has no problems in or out of the water and is perfectly happy in either situation.
Yuiven
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Yuiven »

Username: Yuiven
Sam Name & ID or Image (if applicable): Hero of the Dangerous Waters - 775
How do they feel about cold water? Hero is ready and willing to dive into this underwater expedition, searching for hidden treasures amongst the ice, sand, rocks, seaweed and coral, while confronting the hazards of the ocean depths. As an Aquatic, he was born to swim. It cannot be denied the cold temperature is a major factor that must be taken into serious consideration against him, due to a natural lack of insulation. Regardless, his determination to live up to his name in these frigid waters overcomes this genetic liability.
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Randomizer.org has spoken! Participants in the upcoming RP Expedition are as follows:

* Seren & Essence
* amazondreamer & Acrobat
* Orasteele & Fathom
* oakleafwolf & Mystic
* LvSoulFriend & Aurora
* Bluestarwolf12 & Hunter
* Kagari & Glaze
* Pristine & Flair
* Janalee & Joy
* Nova Night & Fever
* Stormelle & Etching
* Yildun & Guardian
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Would anyone be willing to make little thumbnail-sized images for any participant that doesn't yet have one and then post all 12 in this thread? I'd like to use them for the event to keep easy visual track of who posted where, if possible, and I'd be quite grateful!
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

You are so awesome. <3 Thanks! I've edited the intro post to the Expedition with the images.

Feel free to chat if you'd like! We've got a couple days before things are underway. :)