Conventions?

Talk about anything you want here.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Conventions?

Post by Sushidragon »

I was wondering if anyone goes to either VCon or Anime Evolution :D They're both conventions in Vancouver, BC - VCon is science fiction and fantasy, and Anime Evolution is (obviously) an anime convention.

I don't live in Vancouver anymore, but I will be going back for VCon this year and for Anime Evolution next year. At VCon I'm even going to have a dealer's table :D

I'd be surprised if anyone else here does go to either of those, so which conventions do you regularly go to?
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Kendarath
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Re: Conventions?

Post by Kendarath »

I went to Anime Evolution... last year I think? Maybe the year before, but had a really awful experience, so I haven't been back. I'm moving to the Toronto area end of this year though, so I really won't be back now.
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

I go to Otakon in Baltimore every year, but I'm not a convention junkie and mostly go to hang out with friends and watch people. Cosplayers are an awesome bunch, whatever they're dressed up as. Hee!
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

I really want to come back for VCon, but that will depend on what panels and stuff they have and whether I can get a plane ticket. I really wish it was on Thanksgiving so there was that extra day...

Other than VCon, I haven't gone to any other conventions, and I don't really know any in Guelph or around there.