Anything else for the FAQ?

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Anything else for the FAQ?

Post by Sushidragon »

The FAQs were added to the site a while ago, and a lot of great questions were asked!

http://sushi-dragon.com/sotr/rules.html

If you have a question that you'd like answered, or think that something else should be added to the FAQs, please post it here!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Re: Anything else for the FAQ?

Post by Jennalyn »

Hmm. *tries to think up questions people might ask* I'll just mention a few things and you can decide whether they deserve a question/answer or explanation or not.

- Something on 'how' to roleplay Sams, like where to go and how they might start it, that kind of thing. A suggestion for people who own mares in a Song whose stallion doesn't belong to them might also be nifty.
- I know you mention breedings on the customs page, but a nod on the FAQ page under breedings and/or customs might be a good idea.
- Under the Song section, you might include something about whether or not they have to be the same breed to be in a Song, or whether that's "normal", or what have you in case any new members get a Desert or Northern or something and are confused.
- Including something on how Mystics are treated by Sam society at large would be cool, especially mentioning what happens when more than one gather in the same Song.

That's all for now. xD
Calomel
Is edible

Post by Calomel »

I'm really interested in the RPing of Sams and I've got a few questions related to that in a general sort of way:

*What are the various RP settings for Samanyr roleplay?

*Do the Sharians have a city?

*Are certain breeds of Sams restricted to a certain setting, and/or do the various mutations grant RP bonuses?

*Is there a map of the Samanyr homeland?

*Could actual RP'd events change a Song? ie: A stallions' death or usurping, a spirited away mare, etc.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

I do have one question I've been wondering about for awhile, so I'll post that here. And one other I just thought of. And maybe come back later with others.

How can you tell for sure what if any traits a Samanayr has?
Can a Samanayr have two traits from the same category? (Such as triple hooves and long hooves, or extensive foot tufts and full tufts).

I know some traits are quite obvious, but sometimes, especially on some of the mane or ear traits, it can be a little tricky to tell if they have a trait or not.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Oooh, thanks for the great questions, hopefully I'll get them added to the FAQ soon :D
Image Image

Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

I have a question regarding Elementals - how are they treated/regarded by Sam society? Are they treated like any other Sam? Several elementals are part of Songs with non-elementals. How does the Sam society view that? And what do they think of partial elementals? :)

Also, just for my own curiousity - some of the inactive Geocities Songs state "eligble for extended breedings". What does that mean?
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

@ Harroway - I wasn't really sure either, I found those songs on the fostered songs list: http://sushi-dragon.com/sotr/fsongs.html and "eligble for extended breedings" is what it said at the top so I added that to the song post.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

'Extended breedings' are just what 'breedings' used to be called, I can't remember why XD I think it was just the term of the day. Basically on the Song page it means that any Song listed there is able to apply for breedings.
Image Image

Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

I finally thought one up!

What is the difference between a Lamanayr and a Samanayr with wings?
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Since this one seems to actually be frequently asked...thought I'd add it to the list. :D

What sort of colored pencils do you use to color the Sams?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

I don't know if this is FAQ material...but I've been wondering this for awhile now.

If a Sam with the Animal Mimic trait breeds, is there a chance of passing Animal Mimic down?

I know it was mostly added as a trait to make the mimics searchable, but now that it is a trait it has me wondering. Though I'd guess that it would be passed down more like the Mystic species where even two parents with it don't guarantee that the foal will have it. If it even passes down at all.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

Based on a conversation I recently had with Math, I found something that might be really great to include in the FAQ! You can find the convo and relevant points in this thread:

http://samanayrs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=563