Google Maps street view - awesome coincidence!!

Talk about anything you want here.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Google Maps street view - awesome coincidence!!

Post by Sushidragon »

They recently released street view in Google Maps for some Canadian cities, including Vancouver. Mr Sushi and I were at his computer looking up various places, and I decided to look up the last place that I lived before moving here.

Much to our astonishment, apparently the Google Maps truck went by while we were packing his car for the trip up here in May! Mr Sushi's car is parked in front of the house with the trunk and doors open, and a suitcase sitting beside it. As the view goes down the road, you can clearly see him exiting the car and then standing beside it XD

What are the odds! We had no idea the truck was going by, and it just happened to be there when he was XD So awesome! It's also cool that they blurred out the license plate.
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Math
Life without Sams is like Life without Air... It's Not Possible!

Re: Google Maps street view - awesome coincidence!!

Post by Math »

That is awesome! :)

I haven't seen it come through here yet. Maybe it did while I was at school or something, it takes like 5 minutes to see all the exits. XD
ImageImage
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

*giggles* Thats so cool! I did the same thing here in Florida. I looked up my old house and the picture that they had was of my dads old car infront of the house. lol They STILL havent updated it. XD
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Bright Promise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Bright Promise »

I don't know if it's still online or not, but a few years ago when Google Street View was just new, the Google van caught one of my good friends as he exited one of the dorms on campus and you could flip through the street view and watch him walk from one building to the next. Heehee.
Rizulli
Trainee

Post by Rizulli »

Sushidragon wrote: What are the odds! We had no idea the truck was going by, and it just happened to be there when he was XD So awesome! It's also cool that they blurred out the license plate.
I can't believe I missed it, I was too focused on packing! (I'm "Mr. Sushi" BTW). I'll be helping out with some of the admin stuff around here.
Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets.
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

*waves* Hi Mr Sushi! Welcome to the forums!
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

*gasp* Mr. Sushi is in our midst! :o
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

*waves to Mr. Sushi* Hi!

That's cool! I haven't checked street view to see if it has gone by my house yet... *goes to check* Oh wow, That is soo cool, they are such good quality pictures! They must have come by this spring while I was home, because I can see the ladder through the window from the construction after the tree fell over!
It looks like they haven't done Guelph yet though, I still have a chance to peek out while they go by XD
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

*waves at Mr Sushi* Welcome!

This made me want to go take a look at my house's appearance on there. Looks like they came through a year or so ago... My dad's old pickuptruck (which was a year older than I am and finally donated to Goodwill sometime in the past year or so) is still parked out front. As is my sister's car which broke down last winter and also got donated. And my car too...which I still have. So based on that and the state of the yard and trees...I'm going to say probably last summer.

I don't know if it would be cool or creepy to know that everyone who ever looks up your location on the map can watch you stroll down the street on Google Maps...
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Rekyrem
Super Spiffy Awesome
Super Spiffy Awesome

Post by Rekyrem »

Haha! One of my teachers made the mistake of telling the class that Google Maps streetview was working in Canada now, while we were in the computer lab. All of us immediately went to play with that instead. XD

Looks like they only went down my steet's back alley, though. When I try to look at my house, I can't see it straight on unless I'm looking from the back. Huh.

A lot of people were pointing out their neighbours taking walks or their car parked in front of their house in class. : P Good fun.
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

Welcome, Mr. Sushi! And may I just say: RICHARD! Much avatar love. <3
Rizulli
Trainee

Post by Rizulli »

Jennalyn wrote:Welcome, Mr. Sushi! And may I just say: RICHARD! Much avatar love. <3
"For Pony!" I got a signed commission by Lar de Souza of Richard at VCON. And a signed copy of Volume 1 of Looking for Group.
Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I am really impressed with the quality of the pictures! They appear to have gone around Vancouver in late spring/early summer, since the day where they caught Mr Sushi was May 1st. It's so much fun to look up places, I looked up all of my previous Vancouver homes and workplaces XD

Hiiiii Rizulli!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Tasmen
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Tasmen »

i love google maps view, i look at all my old houses and friends houses to see if i can see them
HybridSiren
The Resident Linkin Park Fangirl
Favorite Sam species: Illiayr

Post by HybridSiren »

I think due to legal issues they have to blur the license plate. XP But awesome!
[he/they]
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage