12 Days of Christmas - Points Gathering - winners!

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
sera
Mystic
Mystic

Re: 12 Days of Christmas - Points Gathering!

Post by sera »

i feel like i'm constantly missing events because i have no idea wot time they're closing. ^^;;;;; Is there an easier way of saying when events will end? : / And perhaps a re-post of the PI/Sam forum time differences. . . ?
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Well! I try to put the ending time on all of mine. I will throw another up here and make things SPECIFIC :D *hugs*

^^
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

:D New game on first page! Check it out guys ^_^

BTW! COSMIC! I LURVE that game idea :3 acros *wiggles* :3 really cool idea XD
My Sams!

Kendarath
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Kendarath »

Why didn't you tell me that milk was for Santa?!
sera
Mystic
Mystic

Post by sera »

Thank you, Rikku! ^^

Also, do we post Glint's Gifts here or PM them?
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Aha, yes. XD My bad! By forum time, I did in fact mean PST... I just totally mind-blanked on what it was called.
[/fail]

But now, winners! Both of my favourites, surprisingly, were entered on the Sam forums!
Origami_Dragon is the winner for the WINTER acrostic... Such a beautiful little poem. <3 1 point for you!
And after nearly an hour of deliberation, Janalee is the winner for HOLLY!

And random has dished out the last point for... Shadowphyr!
There were 8 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Shadowphyr
Jennalyn
Origami_Dragon
Red_uni387
Tasmen
Nighthenge
Janalee
silvermoondragon
Timestamp: 2009-12-11 04:31:21 UTC
... Is anyone around for a live game? :3
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

It be Sushi time! I thought that was probably what you meant.

Ooh, yay! Thank you! That poem half wrote itself surprisingly. But it's harder than it looks coming up with a poem using a set first letter for each line...

Umm... *looks around* It's late...but I'm not tired yet...so I'm around for awhile longer. *sits*
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master

Post by CosmicDragon »

Heh, that's why I chose Acrostic as my first event! I remembered how hard it was to write a good acrostic poem in high school, but it was always fun anyway. :3

Well, that's one. XD Maybe I'll do one of those 'Guess the Sam' things... -muses-
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

*bounces excitedly* I've been enjoying these poem events; it's kind of fun to finally be forced into writing something. ^^ Thanks for hosting it CosmicDragon!
And I have to say...after I read Origami_Dragon's Winter poem, I figured I'd better try my hand at the Holly one instead. *smiles* Very well done.
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master

Post by CosmicDragon »

Points Game: Naming Dilema!

A little while ago I designed a canine-fursona for myself as I didn't have one yet. And he came out great! But now there comes a problem... Naming him! D:
I'm stuck. Bamboozled. Rutted. Absolutely quagmired. XD
So I want you to shoot some names at me! Each person can suggest three names, as long or short as you like, and the one I like the most will win a single shiny point!

Everyone that enters will be put in the draw to win another point. ;)

Please post names by 12-11-2009 2:30pm PST.
Prizes:

Winner: 1 point.
Everyone entered in random for 1 point.
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery

GLINTS GIFTS!

Post by Janalee »

GLINTS GIFTS!

Image = Image

Mainly because I think 'Rising Embers' sounds like something that needs a fire blanket...but she could also use it to keep warm? *smiles sheepishly*

Image = Image

Calligraphy ink just seems appropriate given his name...and if I had a tail like that, I know I'd be using it for painting or writing too. *grins*

Image = Image

With ears like those, it's no wonder her name is 'Shiver'...and I'm curious how she would manage to get ear muffs to cover them in general. XD

Image = Image

A hot drink on a cold winter day is one of the most comforting things in the world, and this particular teapot just seems destine to make someone laugh...and I think she could use both of those things. *smiles, and offers her hot chocolate*

Image = Image

As long as she enjoys kicking so much anyway, she might as well kick an ice cream ball and have a treat at the end of it. ^_^

And now we all know why I struggle finding gifts for people every year... ^^ Thanks for helping to run events too RikkuGirl!
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

:D Awesome entries! ^_^ On both PI and this forum! :D Thanks Jan ^^ Im having a blast. Im so glad Sushi let me do this. And the other guys, WOW! They have great game ideas :3 I took some notes XD *wiggles*
My Sams!

RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

:D Post them! ^_^ Even if some one is putting up the same gift... no reason you cant pick a different color ;)
My Sams!

silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

GLINT'S GIFTS

Image - A date with Image, I think they'd go perfectly together... <3 (Had to put that in XD)
Image - A pet squirrel to run and chase after all day Image
Image - A cute little doggy hoodie Image, for style and cuteness.
Image - A pretty rainbow butterfly kinda like this: Image but with a smiley face pattern on the wings as well
Image - Since she loves to flail, I think nice long pretty ribbons would be nice for her Image
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

GLINTS GIFTS

For this little lady I would get a whole lot of bubble liquid and really fun wands in all different shapes and sizes. Bubbles providehours of entertanment and are sure to lift anyones spirits during the holiday season.
http://www.bubblewands.com.au/myimages/fancyd3.jpg
http://www.angeltoys.co.uk/products/bub ... Liquid.jpg

Naming Dilema!
Kashti
Ziazan
Itzel
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Yuiven
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Yuiven »

((ETA: Added and Resized Pictures))
GLINT'S GIFTS
ImageImage
For Shimmer of Rising Embers, I felt a pair of hair sticks would be an appropriate gift for her. Hair sticks have been used for centuries by women in East Asia to adorn and hold an individual's hair in place in a bun or similar hairstyles. They are made of out of a variety of materials such as metal, wood, plastic, bone or bamboo. Also, they are often elaborately decorative, featuring jewelled or carved designs that make them stand out as pieces of luxury jewellery. Since she is based on a mythological creature from Asian culture- the Kirin -Shimmer would suit these hair accessories. In particular this complimentary pair I picked out for the fiery mare. Beautiful and practical, hair sticks would keep her mane out of her face as well as catch and hold the eye of any red-blooded stallion (not that she needed any help doing that!) ^_~ <3
ImageImage
For Curl of the Diminutive Brush, Plush Skinneeez Squirrel which is a non-stuffed animal that looks something like a pelt a trapper just skinned...without all the innards. Plush Skinneeez dog toys are good non-stuffed toys that are fun to play with! My own dog loves it! It’s like a real squirrel, but still a toy, so he can capture and make it his "kill."
ImageImage
Even though Shiver of Chilly Sands is an animal mimic Samanayr modelled after a Chihuahua, I'd still wager that she can catch hypothermia just from standing outside for two minutes during winter. So, this easy to wear two-in-one dog coat with hoodie can keep her warm and looks cool.
ImageImage
An icon of the 80s, Rainbow Brite is a loveable, creative little girl who uses all the colours of the rainbow to colour our world, helped along by her horse, Starlite, and her helpers, Twink and the Color Kids. A Rainbow Brite Doll could cheer up a glumface like Ache of the Empty Sky. Brightly-coloured and cuddly, she will be a loyal companion who offers unconditional acceptance, love, and reassurance to the depressed mare.
ImageImage
To assist a miniature Samanayr endowed with gigantic wings, a bag of Tinkerbell’s pixie dust is exactly what Sun of Shining Skies could need to make flying easier for her. Just have faith, think happy thoughts and sprinkle a little bit of the magical gold powder on top of her head, and, voila, she can fly!
Last edited by Yuiven on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sera
Mystic
Mystic

Post by sera »

Glint's Gifs
Shimmer of Rising Embers -- Scale polish! Shimmer needs to do just that, and scale polish is guaranteed to help her shine.
Curl of the Diminuitive Brush -- A beautiful bejeweled collar! Curl is quite the handsome fellow, and a little bling will help draw the ladies so he can start a hot new Song.
Shiver of Chilly Sands -- Fluffy coat with matching hat and scarf! Poor little Shiver is much too cold in the wintery season!
Ache of the Empty Sky -- A big, stuffed puppy doll! Ache needs something to hug and snug, and a soft, floofy plushie would be perfect.
Sun of Shining Skies -- A long feather grooming stick! Sun has those beautiful wings and no one to help her keep them groomed. Now she can keep them in nice and clean with ease!
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Janalee »

Naming Dilemma!
Ooh, your canine-fursona is gorgeous. *grins, and gets out a few random language dictionaries* Let's see, how about...

Talviarzu (roughly: 'winter dreamt'...because his colors just made me think instantly of Northern Lights and snow. *smiles and shrugs*)
Uluvero (roughly: 'inspired in truth'...I had actually wanted to go with 'inspired thoughts,' but this one rolled off of my tongue so well, I had to go with it. ^^)
Saonta ('starry-eyed'...and I just think this word looks beautiful. *grins*)
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Waltz is Hurt!

Poor pudgey waltz was playing with the other sams in the snow when she stepped onto a rock and went tumbling down!
We need to get her to the closest doctor, right away! Help carry Waltz to the doctor. Since waltz is so pudgey she is really heavy.
We will have to toss her from one person to the other, NO WAY you could walk AND carry her. Though she is really cute.

So? Will you help? If so please post in BOLD ' I Want to Help Waltz! '

Rules:
RG will pick up waltz first because she is her mama. Then she will hand her to one of those who signed up. They in turn must say another person on the list to pass her to. Any thing is fine. *Example - Toss to Red_Uni!* Abreviations are ok. They will have 5 min to toss to another person until I announce we made it! :D

Slots Open - 4 to 6 *We will see who all is on :3*
Kendarath
Origami_Dragon
Nighthenge
Janalee
Tasmen

Prizes:
Everyone who plays will get 1 point. The last person with waltz will get 1 more :D

Last edited by RikkuGirl on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My Sams!

Kendarath
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Kendarath »

I want to help Waltz
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

I Want to Help Waltz!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Nighthenge
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Nighthenge »

I Want to Help Waltz!
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Janalee »

I Want to Help Waltz!
Tasmen
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Tasmen »

I want to help Waltz
Tasmen
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Tasmen »

Names
Essence
Kindle-Rae
Sia