12 Days of Christmas - Ornament Contest - winners!

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

12 Days of Christmas - Ornament Contest - winners!

Post by Sushidragon »

And finally, the results of the ornament contest! This was an extremely difficult contest to judge, and I wouldn't have been able to make a decision if it wasn't for the help of my co-judge, Mr Sushi XD Thank you for the wonderful entries, and I hope your ornament Samanayrs are enjoying hanging out on your trees!

First place is CosmicDragon with this lovely sculpted ornament! Such a cute little angelic Samanayr :D

http://www.ponyisland.net/img/gallery/252758.jpg

Second place is Delicious with this sweet little plastic Samanayr! You can even switch the little ornaments around!

http://ponyisland.net/img/gallery/252839.png

Congrats! CosmicDragon, just post your choice of Samanayr in this thread! I'll also be adding the random modiems to everyone's inventories shortly (and the random tradeable items for the story contest, since I realized I hadn't added those yet).

Thank you again to everyone - guest artists, event runners, and participants - for making the holiday events a success :D I had a lot of fun, and I hope you did too!

--

Get your crafting hat on, because for this event you'll need to create a Samanayr-themed Christmas ornament for real! The design and materials of the ornament is up to you, but it should have at least one Samanayr on it. You'll need to actually create your ornament, and then take a photo of it to share with everyone!

Rules and info!

- You're welcome to use any your Samanayr images for your ornament. Please don't use any of the guest artist images - unless you're the guest artist, of course!
- If you don't own your own Samanayrs but still want to use some Sam images, just ask other owners in the thread! People are often happy to volunteer their Samanayrs to use.
- Entries will be judged by creativity, originality, and effort by myself and an impartial judge.
- To enter the contest, you'll need to take a photo of your entry. Your photo must include a piece of paper with your username written on it.
- One entry per person!

There will be two Samanayrs available to win - first place will get first pick, and second place will receive the remaining Sam. Here they are:

Image Image

11 Pipers Piping and 12 Drummers Drumming!

In additional, all entries will receive a random modiem!

The ornament contest is open until December 17, 11am PST. To enter, please post your entry in this thread. In your post, please include the photo of your entry, and make sure your photo includes a piece of paper with your username!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Tasmen
Mystic
Mystic

Re: 12 Days of Christmas - Ornament Contest!

Post by Tasmen »

is anyone willing to let me use there sam as a model?
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

Any of mine, go right ahead!
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

You can use any of mine as well :D
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Mine would be perfectly happy to model as well! :)
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Mine are all available too!
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

:D All of mine are available for use by anyone in any event ^_^
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Tasmen
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Tasmen »

thanks everyone, now its going to be really hard to choose witch one XD

edit- is it ok to use the foal stage?
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

I don't see why not, it's still a Samanayr :D
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Ok... I haven't had to much time to work on it or much materials available since I'm not at home, but here's what I was able to scrape together:

A Sam star/angel with itty bitty vestigial angel wings and a halo to top my mini Christmas tree
Image Image
Saiki
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: Aboreal

Post by Saiki »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Ok, so this isn't a real sam, rather just a christmas angel themed random sam. :3 I call her Angel of the Holy Night. She was made with plastecine, silver wire, and a little pair of plush angel wings I found loose in a decorations box. <3

Here are some other photos (without my user name) that show her off a little better.
(Whee! Sam tushie! XD)
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

ImageImage

It's a scrap glass Sam! Well, more specifically, it's Median of the Translucent Glacier made of scrap glass and wire...which is what I'm sure she's always wanted. *grins* Hopefully you can kind of see the tail on the ornament, despite it being transparent. Oh, and two grayer legs do swing, in case you were wondering. ^^

*kind of wishes she could see all the ornaments on one Sam-themed tree* XD Ooh, and Angel of the Holy Night is absolutely adorable CosmicDragon!
Delicious
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Delicious »

Done with shrink plastic to have that true Samanayr size....! Is configurable to allow holding of whatever little mini item or ornament you want in the paw!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: 12 Days of Christmas - Ornament Contest - winners!

Post by Sushidragon »

And finally, the results of the ornament contest! This was an extremely difficult contest to judge, and I wouldn't have been able to make a decision if it wasn't for the help of my co-judge, Mr Sushi XD Thank you for the wonderful entries, and I hope your ornament Samanayrs are enjoying hanging out on your trees!

First place is CosmicDragon with this lovely sculpted ornament! Such a cute little angelic Samanayr :D

http://www.ponyisland.net/img/gallery/252758.jpg

Second place is Delicious with this sweet little plastic Samanayr! You can even switch the little ornaments around!

http://ponyisland.net/img/gallery/252839.png

Congrats! CosmicDragon, just post your choice of Samanayr in this thread! I'll also be adding the random modiems to everyone's inventories shortly (and the random tradeable items for the story contest, since I realized I hadn't added those yet).

Thank you again to everyone - guest artists, event runners, and participants - for making the holiday events a success :D I had a lot of fun, and I hope you did too!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Re: 12 Days of Christmas - Ornament Contest - winners!

Post by CosmicDragon »

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much Sushi!! -tackle hugs and squeals uncontrollably- I think I'd like to take Strength home with me, as much for his devilish good looks as for the irony of letting Del go home with her own Sam. XD
So much awesome. Thank you again, and to you Mr. Sushi!! O.O
-is dead-
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor