Aywas

Talk about anything you want here.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Aywas

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Hey! I know from the past few Ustreams that several of us here are playing over on Aywas and I was just curious who all was over there. So I figured I'd make a thread, see who's playing, maybe what sort of pets everyone is trying to collect. I'm having fun exploring and battling wild pets and wouldn't mind helping to keep an eye out for other people and help them get the catchable pets their after.

I'm account #6762 over there, and currently aiming to get all the Soli varieties that I can!

Oh, and if you haven't signed up yet and would like to, I'd love it if you used my number for your referrer ID! They've got adorable pets that you battle and try to capture to add to your collection! They even offer the option to purchase custom colored pets where you take the .psd file and color it yourself (or hire an artist to color it for you). You can even edit the linart to an extent to truly make your pet a unique custom!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: Aywas

Post by Sushidragon »

I'm on there (account #6313), and actually Samanayrs are too, although there's just been a single random draw for them so far XD Oakls are what I'm currently trying to collect, but I recently got sucked into cooking and that's using up all of my BP. Curse you, Maple Syrup!

If you are interested in signing up, just be aware that the site is geared towards older teens and adults. If you're 13 or older but younger than 18, you need to have parental permission to sign up and read through the Terms of Service with them. If you're 18 or older you're good to go XD And none of the forums or anything are visible if you're not registered and logged in.

I'd love to be able to afford a custom someday, I think that's a neat idea for a pet site.
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Sams are what drew me to finally give in and give the site a try. XD Thanks for mentioning the site rating Sushi! I sort of forgot about that... I don't hang out in the forums much, mostly wander around hunting for pets. I've been playing with the cooking too! None of my pets have gotten too far yet though as I keep aborting the recipe when it calls for expensive stuff like that... One day, when I've earned more...I will actually cook with pricey ingredients.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

I signed up there too! I'm account number 6759.

I don't really know what I'm doing over there yet... But I noticed there's a scavenger hunt thing going to happen in June and you need to create/join a team. I don't know if everyone has already signed up or what exactly is happening but we could try and create a Samanayr team.

So far I am interested in getting the Silver and Russet Avian Melos, the Griffin, the Leopard Shark Gael, and the Blue Jay Reve.

I might introduce the Gryphines over there as well once I've settled in a little more.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

*makes notes of more pets to watch for while exploring*

I saw the scavenger hunt thing too! Though looking at the list of things to try and make sure your team members know how to do...it looks like a very intense hunt! Painting? Sculpting? Cooking? Video taking? Though if anyone wants to set up a Sam team it might be fun.

Oh, and apparently there is a contest ending at midnight site time tonight for a free custom pet! Three winners get their design made into a real pet for them. No line edits for the contest...but it might be fun to see what can be thrown together real quick. *eyes eye-searingly bright pink/black Soli she threw together in half an hour*
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Argh, during exploring today I finally encountered one of those new Melos, but it escaped when I tried to capture it ;____; Note to self: next time you encounter a super-rare pet that you want to capture, read the forum to learn about items you can use to help with the capture! Oh well XD

I'd love to sign up for the scavenger hunt, but we're leaving on the 5th so I wouldn't be available for the full time. If you did have a team and wouldn't mind me not being around for all of it I'd like to be a member, though XD

I also applied to be a beta tester. Probably won't get it because there's already tons of applications and I haven't been playing for very long, but I love to crush bugs >:[
Image Image

Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

You'd be here for the first half of it at least! I can't tell if a team has to be set up and registered before June starts or not though... Would be nice if we could see what the challenges were going to be and then decide if we really wanted to make a team...

Awww...that really does stink doesn't it Sushi? Sorry the pet you wanted escaped you. I think all the capture aids are out of my price range right now...but I find that letting your exploring pet return to full energy before attempting the capture helps. Still sad to see them slip away anyways...

And oh my, the cooking can definitely pay off! o_0 A level 1 cooking pet just got a Truly Random Egg as a prize. *stares at it* Now I have to decide if I risk hatching it or if I sell it...
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Yeah, I can't see anywhere if you have to be registered before it starts, but I'm guessing you do need to.. unfortunately we probably won't be able to get 10 people together before it starts, oh well XD

Cooking is awesome! I got a Truly Random Egg for a Level 1 cooking the other day, and have been getting stuff like Maple Syrup and Blue Orb occasionally :O Along with the daily scavenger hunt it seems like a good way to earn BP, as long as you don't have to spend it all on getting ingredients!

I ended up selling my Truly Random Egg, I've hatched a couple and been disappointed with the results so decided I'd rather sell it instead XD
Image Image

Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

*nods* I am now officially hooked on cooking. Getting my daily free foods definitely helps with having ingredients for it, and sometimes the prizes do too! Just sometimes have to be patient and wait a while. Though I've only got one pet I'll do that for now that she's made it up to level 20. Unless someone else tops level 10 they just keep getting reset if they wind up needing something pricey.

Yeah, the Sam forums seem kind of quiet now...probably couldn't round up 10 of us in the next 11 hours very easily.

*eyes egg* I've got a Random Egg I found incubating now. I think I'll wait until that hatches to decide what I'm doing with this one. I'll probably go ahead and hatch it, just to see what happens though.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

It's too bad I couldn't post about the scavenger hunt in the PI thread, since more people do look there, but since it's a more 'adult' site I definitely wouldn't be allowed to link it there (even though you can't see anything unless you're registered and logged in...). Should be fun to watch, though :D

I'm doing the same thing with my pets, resetting if they get a super expensive item. So far the highest I've gotten is level 7 XD Once on level 1 the ingredients required included Seasoning and Maple Syrup! Boo!

Supposedly the random egg can be any Aywa, but I wonder if you have a lower chance of getting rarer ones vs common ones. I've hatched one Common and one Rare, although unfortunately not of a species I collect XD
Image Image

Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Yeah, I hesitated slightly to even post this thread here because of how stringent PI can be sometimes. But I do want to see who all's playing, so I went ahead and posted anyways. Anyways, we already have links on the forum that aren't allowed on PI...

I've gotten the Seasoning and Maple Syrup in the same quest too... I wonder if the higher level quests have a better chance of rare rewards? I'll have to keep going with the one pet and see what she gets, but so far she's not gotten any better prizes really. Though after level 10 they do start getting two items as a reward.

I think I read that the random egg can be anything, but it's weighted towards the more common pets. And the truly random egg can be anything, with all pets being equally likely regardless of rarity. I like taking random risks with items I got for free... I've won two Random Soli Potions and used them both. Got a limited and a rare color out of them which made me happy! So maybe my luck will hold with the eggs...
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Must find out how to cook! All I've been doing is exploring and the higher and lower game so far, and that custom pet contest sounds interesting.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Cooking's pretty simple. On the games page it's the link that says "Cook with Chaos!" You just have to buy the food items and cooking supplies that he asks for, then wait 15 minutes.

I'd also recommend playing Tam's Item Quest, but don't spend more than 1k on it. And visit the Crystal Ball every hour; sometimes you loose the price of the game, but sometimes it gives out really good items too. Scavenger Hunt's decent too if you have time. Tedious, but it doesn't cost anything but time.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Found the cooking, but it keeps wanting expensive ingredients :( Is the stuff you get from the cooking usually worth the cost of the ingredients?

I tried the crystal ball thing and got a Light Mutation... I don't really know what to do with it yet.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

No, not usually if it wants expensive stuff. I just keep denying those and starting over. It resets you to level 1 if you refuse a quest, but if you're just starting out that's not a big deal. You can try again for a less expensive one right away.

Supplies like the stove, or pots and pans and such that aren't actually food get multiple uses. Other than Maple Syrup and Seasoning, those tend to be worth the cost because of the multiple use thing.

And as far as I can tell from poking around on the forums...the mutations don't really do much yet. They change your pet's type from physical to whatever's in the name of the item...but apparently that has no effect on battle yet. I've got several but I've not tried to use them yet.

Edit: I guess more info on cooking prizes might be good... On the cooking quests, to start out with you get 500 BP as a prize, plus one item. It might be something worthwhile like Maple Syrup, or a Random Egg, or Silver Pieces. But it also might be a cheap food item or apprentice. Very random rewards.

Quests 1-10 give out the 500 BP and one item
Quests 11-20 give out 750 BP and two items but require more ingredients and time
Quests 21-?? give out 1k and 3 items
I've not gotten further than that to know when the next prize upgrade might be.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

hmm, interesting! Thanks for all the help!
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

-hums- :3 I just joined. Account #6961!
No idea exactly what I'm doing yet, just feeling my way through it. <3 I'd love to do this scavenger hunt thing, but all the teams seem to be full. |D Fail.
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

I've joined as well, #6960. I'd love to join the scavanger hunt if we get a team together.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

Yep I'm on there too! (#6761) I'm all for trying to do the scavenger hunt - only I won't have much time for the next few days. I'll basically only be on in the evening. >_o
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

The scavenger hunt's already started, do teams need to be signed up by now? There's 200 tasks, yikes O_O I can see why you'd need 10 people!
Image Image

Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

*eyes scary huge list of scavenger hunt tasks* Monster list!

I can't tell if new teams can still be created or not... People still seem to be joining teams, but no idea if a new one can join at this point...

*waves to new joiners* Glad to see you all trying out the game!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I just figured out why I got a bunch of random items from other users, it relates to one of the tasks in the scavenger hunt XD Same with why Pancakes suddenly got so expensive (one of the tasks require them to send Pancakes to a particular user using the 'gift item to random user' option)!
Image Image

Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

Ohh, that explains a lot. I was very curious as to why I suddenly got all those items XD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Heh, yeah, items are flying! Confused me too until I took a closer look at the scavenger hunt list. I almost feel like I should be sending random items back out...but I'm not.

And I have decided that I need to save madly this month so I can get one of the Cobweb Fairy Solis... So pretty... Maybe the zapper will be kind to me.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I'm going to be running a pick-a-number for a Lamanayr today on the Aywas forum! It starts at 4pm PDT (6pm Awyas time) in the Samanayr thread:

http://www.aywas.com/#forums/thread-id:35752

Everyone who's logged in in the past three days also received a Truly Random Egg from the admin, whoo :D I'm hatching this one!
Image Image