Moving again - guess who's back already!

Talk about anything you want here.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Moving again - guess who's back already!

Post by Sushidragon »

Mr Sushi and I found out yesterday that we're moving for sure, yay! We're heading back to the city that we'd moved from in January, which is infinitely preferable to the place where we are now, so we're quite happy XD

The move will either take place mid-July or at the end of July, depending on how long it takes us to find a place there, so I'll be gone for a bit during that time. I'll know more for sure about which part of the month we'll be moving in as we get closer to July!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Delicious
Mystic
Mystic

Re: Moving again!

Post by Delicious »

While I'm sure the actually moving part is a bit of a bear - congratulations on getting back to a place you prefer. :D
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Again with the moving? This is just getting crazy! But at least this time you're moving someplace that you'll be happier! I hope you get to stay in one place for awhile after this!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I do loathe moving, but in this case it's a much happier move than the one to the place where we are now XD We were originally supposed to be here for four months, and it would be seven months in July - a lot longer than either of us wanted to be here! We're really hoping to find a place we can settle into for a while, especially with Baby Sushi on the way, and if all goes well maybe even looking into buying sometime in the not-too-distant future..
Image Image

silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Settling would definitely be much better for you, I hope everything works out!
Eirnae
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Eirnae »

*Wishes the Sushi a nice big yard with soft grass, a tall fence, and a swimming pool out back* :D

Seriously, though, wherever you go, Sushi, I just hope that it feels like home sooner than later. :)
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Back from our weekend trip, and we were able to find a place :D It looks just perfect and we're very happy that we were able to get it! Looks like we'll be moving in the first half of July, as early as the 7th or 8th if we can book movers for then, so things will be quiet until the move is over. All of the outlines from the outline sale will of course be finished before the move :D
Image Image

Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

We have the movers officially booked for July 7, so we have a lot to do before then O_O And we're away this weekend! I'll still have my computer set up until the 6th, but I may pack up the scanner before then, and I have no idea how long it'll take to get the internet set up at the new place - hopefully not too long!
Image Image

Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: Moving again - July 7!

Post by Sushidragon »

I hate packing and moving ;_____; Today we at least finished up the packing, so tomorrow we can give the apartment the big Moving Out Cleaning and then hopefully take off on Wednesday as soon as the moving truck leaves. Almost done!

My scanner is all packed up, so I won't be seeing it again for a few days XD I do have the winners of the what's in a name? draw sorted out and the Sams sketched, so they'll be given out and the winners announced once the move is over and the internet is hooked up. Hopefully we'll be able to get it hooked up without having to wait too long!

In the meantime, here's a preview of the sketches :D

Image Image

Xenon
Will Stalk You

Re: Moving again - July 7!

Post by Xenon »

I hate moving so, so much. x_x You get many props from me for doing it so many times in such a short period. I guess on the plus side... you must be getting really good at it? XD; I wish you the best of luck with the next few days and hope you get settled in quickly at the new place. <3

-stares at the tiny little picture until her eyes bleed... then stares some more- ...I think I see something that makes me happy. But I can't be sure. But. -wiggles-
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: Moving again - guess who's back already!

Post by Sushidragon »

Amazingly we were able to get TV and internet hooked up the day after we moved in, so I'm technically back! Although for the next few days we'll be busy unpacking, settling in, and running the million errands we need to get done before Mr Sushi starts work.

The move was 'interesting.' First the movers were 45 minutes late arriving. Packing went just fine and they were actually a lot more careful with padding etc than the first time, so we didn't mind them taking a bit longer. They told us our stuff would arrive around 5-6pm, and we ended up getting to the new place at 4:30. Then we waited. And waited. And waited. At 9pm Mr Sushi tried to call the office, since we didn't have a contact number for the movers, but nobody answered. Shortly after that someone did call to say our stuff should be there 'any time.' They called back a few minutes later to let us know it would be at least another 45 minutes. We headed to Starbucks to get me a calm down cupcake and got back to our place at 10pm, and the movers didn't arrive until 10:30pm. Fortunately they'd brought extra people so the stuff was unloaded fairly quickly, although since it was night and we had lights on we had tons of moths, mosquitos, and other bugs hanging out in the kitchen by the time they were done. I had to hunt them all down before I could go to sleep. Oh, and then they tried to overcharge us by about $600. GOOD TIMES.

Anyway! That's all over with now, and now I'm just cleaning up after the last tenants (grr) and the place is being painted (should have happened before we moved in). Gotta love moving!
Image Image

AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Um.. yay for the calm down cupcake? :D

And welcome back!!
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Eirnae
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Eirnae »

Wow. By comparison, my week seems blissfully stress free.

Welcome back, Sushi! *Impulsive Hug Combo, activated! GO!* Thank goodness for that cupcake. It's a wonder you didn't sponanteously combust!

*Goes into ninja mode to sneak some comfort food (Sushi for the Sushi, of course!) into the Sushi's refridgerator*
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

That sounds kind of like my move in to my current place, not the movers arriving late since it was my mom and I doing the moving, but the previous renters had left the place in quite a mess, stuff everywhere, dirty stove and that creepy crack between the fridge and the cupboards.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Feeling a lot better now that the 'moving' part of the move is all done XD The only thing stressing me out right now is finding a doctor or midwife - nobody is available! Argh! I'll just keep trying.

My desk is all set up and I'll be getting back to work tomorrow! I still have no idea what there'll be in the way of events this month but I'll figure something out XD First I need to finish the Sams from the draw! And if you're waiting for me to mail something out, I'll be heading to the post office on Monday or Tuesday.
Image Image