(Musical) The Flying Dutchman + Ciaran Sheehan

Talk about anything you want here.
Rynnie
Samanayr Stalker and Fangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystery, Desert, Shifter & Kodyla

(Musical) The Flying Dutchman + Ciaran Sheehan

Post by Rynnie »

In case no one is aware I've started using http://aurryinne.livejournal.com again (Indy couldn't stop stalking that username):

As if the Phantom of the Opera wasn't bad enough, here's another topic of conversation to avoid around Rynnie, lest you accidentally set her off ranting, or worse, gushing.

Music, book and lyrics by Peter Danish - the Flying Dutchman, the musical has a plot that startlingly parallels the Phantom of the Opera in places, for the Dutchman, cursed to sail the seas for eternity, may only set foot upon dry land once every seven years. He has seven days to find a woman of virtue to knowingly share his fate, that his curse might be lifted.

Played by Ciaran Sheehan, who was my quintessential Phantom in the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical, I can't help myself. I have to, have to stalk the readings and the demos.

Of course, I'm not in this purely for the Phantom - that would be weird! - but I honestly, frankly, fell in love with the work. The ineffable lead probably helped (greatly).

Official webspace: http://www.flyingdutchmanthemusical.com/index.htm
Official Facebook presence: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 840?v=info
Last edited by Rynnie on Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Re: (Musical) The Flying Dutchman

Post by RikkuGirl »

Hmmm... *ponders* I am a HUGE musical fan, though Highschool musical to me.. is not a musical.. (IE. I hate that stupid show thing) anywho... I LOVE musicals, and This seems VERY interesting.

Phantom of the opera was not one of my favs. but it does get great recognition from me as a wonderful work of art. I do however love the plot. So this might be something ill like to look into, for the good and the bad. :D

The flying dutchman always makes me think of sponge bob though >.<;;
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Oooh, that looks quite interesting... Although I admit, I haven't seen Phantom of the Opera, so my experience is limited, but I watched the reading video, and OHMYGOSH he (the lead) is smexy. >.>;;
RikkuGirl wrote:The flying dutchman always makes me think of sponge bob though >.<;;
Lol, it always makes me think of Davey Jones and the Flying Dutchman from Pirates of the Carribean.
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

xD true they were in that too! but I only saw it once.. and ive seen the flying dutchman on sponge bob like a bajillion times *giggles*

^____________________^ i love sponge bob.. and the flying dutchman in that is so freaking funny.
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Rynnie

Post by Rynnie »

CosmicDragon wrote:Oooh, that looks quite interesting... Although I admit, I haven't seen Phantom of the Opera, so my experience is limited, but I watched the reading video, and OHMYGOSH he (the lead) is smexy. >.>;;
Mission accomplished! I finally have someone to discuss Ciaran with.
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master

Post by CosmicDragon »

Rynnie wrote:Mission accomplished! I finally have someone to discuss Ciaran with.
-drools-
Not only is he handsome as all get-out, and with a voice that makes me go all melty inside, but his character is all mysterious and CURSED. 8D
Now I am sad that it seems to be overseas only... Maybe, if I'm lucky, it'll make it's way here to Australia! :] -keeps fingers crossed-
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Rynnie

Re: (Musical) The Flying Dutchman + Ciaran Sheehan

Post by Rynnie »

Excuse me, I didn't mean to ignore Rikku - the Internet ate the my post. >< And I didn't feel like editing at 3 am. Sorry, Rikku. Let me reconstruct that. Originally, I wrote:

@RikkuGirl: -makes a note to stalk to talk - Musicals. ^^; WIN for musicals with plot.

Adding on, in response:

@CosmicDragon: Australia? Babe, you have one of the hottest Phantoms singing there. I dig Anthony Warlow. Just not as much as Ciaran Sheehan. - guilty look -

Feel free to add the page if you're a Facebook person. Also, check your PM inbox. Like, now. - dangles more videos luringly -
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master

Post by CosmicDragon »

Rynnie wrote:@CosmicDragon: Australia? Babe, you have one of the hottest Phantoms singing there. I dig Anthony Warlow. Just not as much as Ciaran Sheehan. - guilty look -

Feel free to add the page if you're a Facebook person. Also, check your PM inbox. Like, now. - dangles more videos luringly -
YUMMY VIDEOS OMGOSH. o.o -clings to-

Hmmm, I have a Facebook account, but I'm not really there much. :P I'll add it anyway though, just cause I can!
I must go and see Phantom of the Opera. MUST. >.> For our Phantom is indeed HAWT!
... But Ciaran still wins. ^-^; Yup.
Rynnie

Post by Rynnie »

His voice is like dark chocolate, melted, with a spoonful of cream and a spoonful of brandy stirred in. Nigh on addictive.

I'm thinking about getting his CDs.
perryunicornboy
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by perryunicornboy »

I loove the legend of the flying dutchmen this sounds really cool
Rynnie

Post by Rynnie »

Just for the fun (and comparison) I ran Ciaran Sheehan's Music of the Night next to Anthony Warlow's (nearly killing myself in the process). You're (still) right.

Ciaran Sheehan, without any effort whatsoever, outshines Anthony Warlow's Phantom. Not because he is the better singer (in fact, both are incredible singers), but the accent, texture, the quality, the...(my thoughts blacked out at this point)

Suffice to say, were sound a taste, I'd lap up Ciaran Sheehan's voice any day.
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master

Post by CosmicDragon »

XD I can see that being almost excruciatingly painful... But I'm glad you think I'm right too.

I think that's part of it too... He doesn't seem like he's really working to sing, it just seems to flow from him completely naturally. It has none of the restraint and acting that Warlow's seems to have.
-tries to follow your train of thought- ... -nosebleeds-

I would have to carry his flavour around with me and have it with everything. <3 Always.