Talk about anything you want here.
oakleafwolf
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Lamanayr!

Why hello, there!

Post by oakleafwolf »

Hiya!

Just posting an into here... I'm Oak, I have a Deviantart account that matches my username in which I post lots of World of Warcraft-y things because I'm a nerd. v_v

I found Sams on Pony Island, although I don't play there anymore because school happened and my ponies kept dying of starvation. I just couldn't take the strain of so many deaths! Oh well.

I entered a contest here once, and it got me a breeding item, but it's silly to have an item with no Sams, right? So maybe I'll get one soon. ^_^

-Oak

P.S. Oh yeah. I also live with AmazonDreamer, who is wonderful and beautiful and also has two beautiful Sam girls that I'm jealous of! <3 <3 <3
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Re: Why hello, there!

Post by Orasteele »

Welcome to the forum!
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Welcome!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Welcome :D I think you'll find that a bunch of here are nerds as well, myself definitely included! Good luck getting your first Sam - I'm still trying to do monthly draws and the Festival of New Spring will be coming up soon with a non-owner draw, so there will be opportunities!

My ponies on PI all die regularly as well >_>;
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Hello Oak! :)

Several of us Sam stalkers play WoW as well, there's nothing nerdy about that! There's a thread about it floating around here somewhere.

Welcome to the forums and good luck getting your first Sam!

:)

Asara
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Welcomeeeee!! :D so glad your here! Can't wait to mingle and chitchat with ya :3
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

Hello there! It's great to welcome a new member to the wide world of Samanayrs. :D One of the best things to do first is troll through the database and cheerfully oggle all of the pretties. It also helps you figure out some of your favorite traits and species.
Mr. Aranel
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Mr. Aranel »

I just recently quit WoW to go back to Final Fantasy XI. I played on Bronzebeard, and was an 85 Draenei Prot pally. I love tanking in that game. If I come back someday, maybe we can play together.
Yes, my user name means I'm AranelSaraphim's husband. Sentai fan Kamen Rider fan Icon by my talented wife.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

I just recently quit wow too.

I love the game but I dont have the time to play nor the focus right now. :( I miss it but im glad I let it go cause i need to focus on work and school.

how is FF? I hear its a great game to play online!
My Sams!

Mr. Aranel
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Mr. Aranel »

Final fantasy XI is not for everyone. It is very difficult, it's slow (though not nearly as bad as it used to be.), and soloing is difficult, if not impossible depending on what job your playing as. without a guide, there's no way to know which NPC's start quests, and which ones don't, and unlike wow, quests don't give you XP, just items. also, the game has an annoying front end that cannot be skipped.

That's the bad. Here's the good.

You can play any class on a single character. if you don't like thief, go to your mog house, and switch to something else. Some classes need to be unlocked via quests, but there are 20 different classes, and once you do a specific quest, you can "sub" a second job, provided that you have it leveled already. It makes for some really interesting combinations. (though not all of them work as well as you'd want them to.)

The music is amazing, as per usual in a Final Fantasy, and despite the fact that FFXI is celebrating it's 9th anniversary, it still looks very good.

If you're interested, I might be able to rustle up a trial code. If you're the kind of person to jump right in, do NOT buy the game from steam. Steam has a bugged copy of the game that will not launch. I had a huge nightmare of a time trying to get a steam version to work... ungh..

who's the geek now?
Yes, my user name means I'm AranelSaraphim's husband. Sentai fan Kamen Rider fan Icon by my talented wife.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Lol! Wow well im glad I asked before ever trying it! Maybe when school dies down and I get into sales like I want ill try it. As of now im uber busy but I would love the chance to try in the future.

I love ff music and the fact that you can change your class is sweet!! Ill hit you up when I can start <3 thanks!
My Sams!