Hiding from Myself

Have a new Song looking for members? Want to trade an item for something else? This is the place to go!
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Hiding from Myself

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Mist is shy, quiet, and highly self-conscious, due to her strikingly bright markings. She tends to hide whenever and wherever she can, poor thing. Her family Song, where she grew up, was mainly pale colors and whites, so when she grew up, and her bright colorings were revealed, she had lots of young stallions coming after her. She's very much wary of stallions now, and will need a kind-hearted soul to bring her out of her shell. She used to be quite happy and joyful, but, well, as you can see, she's changed since her foal-hood.

Sinking a little bit deeper into the hotspring, Mist eyed the distant forms with wariness and a touch of fear. She had picked this spring due to it's sheltered nature, and distance from the festive crowds that had arrived at the Rainbow Hotsprings for the races. Her ears twitched as she heard the cheers and shouts, and groans of disappointments from the race-crowds. Part of her wished she was over there, joining in with the crowds, fun, and games, but she quickly squashed that idea. "Going oveyr theyre would be a mistake," Mist thought to herself, "They'd all end up stayring at me, like they did when I was youngeyr." They being her family Song, of course.

Sinking even deeper into the hotspring, Mist closed her eyes, letting her ears pay attention for her.
Last edited by LvSoulFriend on Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Re: Hiding from Myself

Post by Harroway »

(( I hope you don't mind if my boy comes by? :) ))

Revelation had had enough of the races. While the crowded atmosphere and the cheering would be wondrous to some (and he knew of one mare in particular who was still back in the crowds, having the time of her life), he trotted slowly away from the din and into the surrounding areas. He was busy enjoying the sunlight and the wind, closing his eyes and letting the breeze ruffle his mane. He was quite content to walk along this path where he could simply enjoy nature. Of course, trotting along with his eyes closed, he came to notice that he nearly had an intimate embrace with a tree. Backing up, he went around it and spotted something white and teal nearby.

She looked forlorn, and Revelation's brows touched. Slightly worried, he stood nearby, but kept a polite distance. "Excuse me? Ayre you... alyright?"
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

((Nope! Not at all! I'm looking to get a song for my little girl, and develop her personality more :D She's quite the shy and timid thing *eyes her* *Mist squeaks and ducks*))

Mist's eyes shot open, and she let out a squeak as she tried to duck and hide. Of course this resulted in her getting water up her nose and in her mouth. Coughing and snorting water, she scrambled upright. Once she could breathe clearly, she ducked her head, and whispered, "I'm fine, thank you foyr youyr conceyrn." Keeping her head ducked down low, she eyed the stallion from under her sopping wet forelock. Wet wings hung awkwardly from her back, and in the light breeze, she shivered a bit.
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

(( *cuddles Mist* ))

Revelation's head tilted to the side with concern and he crept forward slightly. She looked positively terrified. He smiled and lifted his wings, beating them into a gentle breeze to hopefully dry her off a bit. "I am Tyriumphantsun~ yRevelation. Who might you be?" he asked quietly, knowing full well he probably startled her severely. He stood at his distance, patient.
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Continuing to peer out at him from beneath her forelock, Mist blinked a bit. He wasn't trying to get closer to her, or flirt with her. In fact, he seemed more like, well, a father or an uncle in his mannerisms. Blinking a bit, she spoke softly, "My name is MysteyriousFoyrest~Mist." Reflexively, her wings shook to get rid of the water logging them down. She continued to sit in the water, however. Ears twitched to catch the sounds of the races that were continuing to run.

((This my first attempt at real roleplaying type stuff >>))
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

(( That's okay! I'm rusty myself. XD ))

The stallion watched her closely only in curiosity and honest concern. Frowning a bit, and sat down in place and got comfortable, tail swishing back and forth in thought. "I'm assuming you'yre not one for the cyrowds? I didn't much cayre foyr it myself." he started, making neutral conversation. "I watched foyr a little while but I am not keen on such loud noises. I've been thyrough enough alyready, I think." He ended his sentence with a confident nod and a smile. Indeed, he felt more weathered and mature than most stallions he'd ever met. While he felt older, he did find himself prone to indulging in simple things like smelling flowers and going for a high speed flight.

He caught himself daydreaming about a wonderful flight he took just the other day, careening haphazardly through several long stretches of forest. Before long, he was making a rather silly face and the daydream abruptly ended with Revelation looking quite quizzical. Coughing, he turned his head to the side to hide a blush (though he doubted anyone could see it with his coloration).

(( He's a humongous closet dork, might I add. >_>; ))
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

((*snorts* My Bounty's older than your guy XD He's still jumping and bouncing around! Granted, he doesn't have kids either >>))

Mist blinked. He really did seem to only want to talk, and not try to get closer to her. Lifting her head up a bit, she replied in a somewhat louder, more musical voice, "I don't like cyrowds at all. I always tend to become the centeyr of attention, and that's had bad yresults foyr me in the past." Shivering a bit at the memory, she continued, "The stallions at my home Song weyre constantly coming afteyr me, you see, because of my byright coloyring." Blinking at how much she had talked, her head ducked back down a bit, in shyness, before returning to a more upright position.

As she raised her head up for the second time, she watched in curiosity as the stallion's, no, she told herself, yRevelation's, face went through a series of intriguing and almost comical contortions. As he seemed to come back to the present, and turned his head away for the moment, Mist's head ducked down again, but this time it was with a small giggle.

((Yay, she seems to be coming out of her shell a bit :D))
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

Revelation tilted his head when she revealed a little about her past. How odd, he thought, for stallions to chase mares simply based on their coloration. He found the practice foul, and preferred instead to opt for better reasoning. He wouldn't chase anyone, either, he decided. That seemed like such an intense practice. He shook his head. "I'm veyry soyrry that happened to you. I can't imagine how you must feel about me just showing up, then. I ceyrtainly didn't mean to stayrtle you." He still sat at his comfortable distance, now knowing exactly why his presence made her so uneasy.

He gave his wings a lengthy stretch. "I don't think it's wise at all to couryt someone who is, fiyrst of all, unwilling, and secondly, why base it on coloyr?" he asked, rbows touching again in deep thought. "Doesn't that seem silly? If one is going to spend much time with anotheyr, it's best to find someone with a good heayrt. The outside is a peyrk, so to speak. The inside is what matteyrs." He suddenly sounded like a stallion who'd seen the invention of dirt and air, and he made another funny face, as if the words had a peculiar taste in his mouth. "Listen to me! I sound like youyr motheyr!"

(( Aww Mist, I feel so bad for her. :( ))
Calomel
Is edible

Post by Calomel »

((I lurk. But I really like Revelation! His personality reminds me a lot of my own husband. :D ))
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

(( Aww, Calomel, that's precious! *pats Revelation*

Revelation: What's a husband? ))
Calomel
Is edible

Post by Calomel »

((Haha! *crouches down to look at the Samanyr* My husband is like my stallion, but I am his only mate and ever will be his wife. As he is my only. We take care of each other.*smiles*))
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

(( Revelation: I see! Well then, I am quite pleased. Youyr stallion sounds peyrfect foyr you, to be youyr one and only! *satisfied nod*

XD He's such a dork. ))
Last edited by Harroway on Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Mist found herself explaining more to this older stallion, more than she would have thought she would here. "My family Song is mostly yreally pale coloyrs, almost white. So are the Songs neayrby, wheyre my motheyr's and fatheyr's kin live. My byrightness is yreally unusual theyre, so much so that the single stallions, and some of the ones with Songs, weyre veyry inteyrested in my coloyration." Ducking her head back down for a moment, she admitted, "I yran away seveyral months ago, when I couldn't take it anymoyre. I've been tyraveling at night, so as not to see anyone and get chased again."

She giggled again at his last few sentences, "You don't sound at all like my motheyr, she kept on telling me which stallion would be best for me, and pushing me to choose one." A face was made at that, "That's one of the yreasons why I yran off." Feeling more comfortable with this stallion, she opted to climb out of the hotspring. If she sat in there any longer, her feathers would roast off.

((Dawwww, that's so cute Calomel!))
Last edited by LvSoulFriend on Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

Revelation snorted in disgust. "I'm veyry soyrry you had to enduyre something like that. It isn't faiyr to you." he said quietly. "But now that you ayre heyre, you ayre safe and able to make any decision you want. You should not be chased heyre. And if something happens to you, you come to me." The stallion nodded and stood, stomping a hoof to the ground. "This hoyrn of mine isn't just foyr decoyration!" He was the kind of stallion that would righteously defend anyone he considered a friend, and while they just met, he thought Mist was a kind and gentle soul.
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Mist blushed at his kind words, and when she blushed, you could see it from a mile away. "Thank you veyry much, foyr both youyr kindness and youyr help." She hesitated for a moment, then blurted out in a rush, "If, if it was alyright with you, could I possibly stay with you while you ayre heyre? Just until I get used to all of this, for a day oyr so." Ducking her head down again, she became even redder, if it was possible.
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

The stallion chuckled and smiled. "Of couyrse you can stay with me. I hope you don't mind the other mayres in my Song. They ayre all veyry accommodating. I think you'll like them." He nodded and stretched his wings again. "We have a veyry nice spyring not too fayr from heyre."

(( I think the only one who might be too much for Mist would be Flight, but she's a sweetie. A little rambunctious, but a sweetie. :) ))
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

((She won't be joining his Song, he's more of a father/uncle figure to her XD But she feels more safe with him than without him, haha XD Now hopefully some of the people that I pmed about songs with her will jump in *prods them* And bed for me! Thanks so much for helping her :D ))
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

(( That's totally cool! His mares can be Mists roomies for a while. XD I promise Flight won't irritate Mist too much with her questions. :D ))
Puuka
Fluffy
Fluffy
Favorite Sam species: Healer, Illiyar, Rider

Post by Puuka »

((I've totally been reading the whole thing! I promise Emily <3 I just haven't RP'd in a long.... loooooong time, and am having trouble figuring out how to bring Sheen in XD *fails* T.T))
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

((Wheee! RP! No worries Puuka :D))

Mist smiled shyly, "I would like to meet youyr mayres, and maybe walk around heyre a bit too. I'm hungyry as well, do you know if theyre's any food ayround heyre?" Standing up, she folded her wings to her back, and walked a bit closer to the stallion. Not too close, but close enough. At least from her viewpoint. Her inner adult self was still telling her to run and flee, while her inner child was excited by the new smells, faces, and things to explore. Needless to say, she was trying very had to not listen too much to her inner adult, and more to her inner child.
Puuka
Fluffy
Fluffy

Post by Puuka »

"Grrrowl..." A loud low rumbling came from Sheen of Black Ice's tummy. "grrr... grrr.. grrrrrooowl!" Louder this time, he was absolutely starving. Being a loner; without a song of his own, it was difficult to find food for himself some days. Today was one of those days. Through the thick forest he roamed, looking for some rogue berry patch. Even some tender new sprouts would be delicious. Anything but the dry leaves and needles on the tall trees that made up these woods, or the dead ones that littered the ground.
Sheen was the type of Samanayr to get lost in daydreams, and as he ambled along doing just that, the sun began to set behind the horizon. He hardly noticed the darkening sky until there was no longer any light to search for food by. He was not a coward by nature, but he was not stupid either. There were dangers in the forest for a lone Sam, even a strong stallion like himself. He was still hungry, having only found a few small strawberries on a hidden bush, but he resigned himself to a dinner of dry leaves and twigs, and headed toward the cave he called home.
As he was walking, Sheen began to fear the looming shadows, and what might be lurking behind them. He knew it wasn't safe here at this time, and wondered why he had allowed himself to stay out this late in the first place. "Crack!" he heard from behind a tree very close to Sheen. his hair stood on end and he froze in place. "A predator?" he wondered. But he didn't dare stay around long enough to find out. He took off running - fast as his legs could carry him.
Lost in his fear, Sheen didn't care about where he was going, just that he was getting there. Out of the woods and away from the direction from home, he ran past several natural hot springs and the Samanayrs that still lingered in their inviting waters. Until "Bam!" headlong he went into a lovely brightly coloured winged mare and darker horned stallion. The three of them tumbled into a mess of hooves, fur and feathers. This collision was enough to knock him from his panic, and back into reality. Once he'd realized what he'd done, and that he was sitting on top of a disgruntled looking stallion, he swiftly regained his footing with a quickly spoken "Oh! I'm so verey verey sorry!" He stretched out a leg to help the Mare to her feet.
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Mist was walking besides Revelation, feeling a bit better about herself, and about being around other Samanayrs. Watching how others interacted, she was slowly learning how society worked, now that she was in the middle of it and not back of beyond. Turning her head to peer around Revelation she caught a blur of blue and black before being knocked to the ground. Startled and frightened, she let out a squeal and shot up into the sky. Peering back towards Revelation and the blue blur, which had resolved into a fluffy stallion, Mist saw that the stranger had his hoof outstretched, apologizing for running into them.

Carefully dropping back to the ground, wings sore from not having flow for so long (and possible from sitting in hotsprings for too long),she eyed the newcomer with trepidation.

((Yay post! Hopefully that makes sense XD))
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

(( AWW Sheen is adorable! <3 *hugs him and his fluff* ))
Puuka
Fluffy
Fluffy

Post by Puuka »

Sheen's heart sank as he saw the fear in the lovely mare's face. The mare that he had just now so ungraciously bolted into. All panic was gone now and his chivalrous nature was taking over. " I yreally am soyrry to have stayrtled you. Ayre you huyrt anywheyre?" He slowly moved toward the winged girl, smiling in what he hoped was a reassuring way. He really was sorry for scaring her, he had been scared himself. He hoped he could show her that without running her off, as she was very beautiful, but by the way her eyes shone, he was sure that beauty was much deeper.

((I'm so sorry LV! I had to go offline last night before I could post x.x ))
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Mist eyed the strange stallion, who was slowly approaching her. With a bit of trepidation, she noticed the way his eyes took in her markings and coloration. She struggled to hold her fear at bay, but long habit overcame new reasoning. With a quick burst from her wings, she was in the air again. Unfortunately, her wings were still rather tired, and forced her to land far quicker than she wanted to. Almost immediately, in fact. With a soft grunt, her wings gave out on her, fortunately not on Revelation, but on the other side of him, away from the stranger. Wheeling about, she faced him down, keeping Revelation between herself and him.

((*pokes Harroway* Your turn! And no worries Puuka, it's been busy here too XD Poor Mist, she was just starting to feel comfortable, lol!))
Last edited by LvSoulFriend on Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.