Were-Oquiesa

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Re: Were-Oquiesa

Post by SilverDapples »

I'll be using Rush of the Joyful Chase for this, because she's a cute, fresh face who needs some loving!

Rush was drawn in by the crowd and the emotion in everyone's voices - and she instantly knew why when she saw the sleeping Samanayr. The old Mystic's words were still fresh in everyone's mind (at least those who were here to hear it), and looking at the sleeping Samanayr with the odd bite mark made a shudder ruffle through her wings. "I am Rush of the Joyful Chase, and I just hope we can figure this out before anyone else is hurt!" She broke into a smile as she looked at the Samanayrs gathered around, tension was already running high. They would be needing more smiles if things like this continued to happen.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

Tortoise eyed the colorful mare with the spiked feet warily. Sa'krien blood in that one, no doubt. "Ah'd best keep an eye on her," he thought to himself, "though the poor lass seems a few beans short 'o a pile." The stallion chuckled to himself, promptly turning it into a raspy cough. No, now was not the time for laughter. "We're in tha midst of a crises my dear," he rumbled, "Sommat about a curse?"

Tortoise nodded towards the younger stallion clad in the gray pelt, "Yeh look like ye've seen more than your fair share of trouble my lad."

Tortoise blinked unperturbed at the brash red and black stallion, "A'course yeh've seen me afore. Ain't got no Song nor mares so Ah like ta wander about. Tha late Mystic t'wer a good friend, Ah came ta bid 'im a final farewell. Didn't reckon on all this trouble."
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Wrath tilted her head at Fall, then shook it enthusiastically, seeming to forget the long antlers and the chance of smacking someone with them. "Neveyr been heyre before. Don't even know wheyre heyre is," she added sadly. "I just poof, heyre I am yright now. Well, just a minute ago. Two? Five? How long have I been talking with you? Yright befoyre that."

One ear flickered back towards Hunter as he declared his experience, then she turned to stare at his cape. Dancing in place she tried to draw Fall's attention to him. "Ooh, look, look, he's weayring a cape! Is it Oquiesa? Is that the weayr you meant? Wait...is weayr-Oquiesa good oyr bad? I've neveyr heayrd of that befoyre.

Stepping back suddenly she used her tiny bit of levitation to bob a bit higher as she reared up to look over the crowd. "Hi eveyrone! I'm Wyrath of the Toyrn Eayrth and I have no idea what's happening! Can someone tell me what a weyre-Oquisa is and if Hunteyr is weayring one oyr not?!"

Still posed on her tip-spikes, Wrath looked down at the apparently furious Strike in bewilderment. She stuck out her tongue. "Sleeping Sams ayren't any fun. Why would I want them to sleep foyreveyr. That's a yreally long time. And it's boyring. Is that what weyre-Oquisas do? Make you sleep? I don't like them then if they do. Ayre you looking foyr them? Can I help?"

Dropping down to all fours again she bounced towards him, seemingly indifferent to his anger.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
FoxyJhai
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Northern

Post by FoxyJhai »

((OOC: I've never really RPed before, so forgive me if I do something wrong. I've randomly chosen one of my own sams to play, also I'm a very slow writer.)

Delicacy of Forged Silver shyly approached the gathering of various sams, curious as to what was happening.

"What's going on?" She voiced quietly then noticed the sleeping sam. "Oh, dear, what happened to them? Is this the beginning of the prophecy?" Delicacy asked cautiously as she crouched down in an attempt to make herself smaller.
Samanayrs
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Pets
Image Image Image Image
PoisonedPromise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by PoisonedPromise »

Fall stepped out of the way of Wrath's flailing antlers. She took a deep breath and tried to relax. After all, anyone among them could be the Were, not just the newcomers. "Yes, yes, we need to stay calm here. And in answer to your question, Wrath, Were-Oquiesas are bad. Oquiesas are predators, and a Sam that can change into one is the worst of all... hiding among us!"

((Don't worry Foxy, I am pretty much in the same boat!))
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Orca
Foal
Foal

Post by Orca »

((Okay, not knowing any of the lore and having never RPed on a forum before, I'm way out of my depth and don't have the time to catch up. At the same time I don't want to ruin the RP atmosphere. I pretty much volunteer to be exiled this round, if you folks get around to eyeing the newcomer who hasn't said anything :p))
PoisonedPromise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

((Orca, I don't know a whole lot of Sam Lore, I will admit... other than the Oquisas being the predators of Sams, which I learned when I drew one for this event! Also I have very little experience RPing, so don't feel like you are alone here if you want to stay!))

((Edit: As you can see, no one is posting in the same fashion, it's pretty all over the place right now.))
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

((Aaw Orca don't leave us .n. I think that this is something you don't need to know a lot about, PoisonedPromise said all you really need to know right there! Maybe try and if you feel like this isn't working then it's okay to go I think. c: ))
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Orca
Foal
Foal

Post by Orca »

A samanayr who hadn't introduced himself slinks off into the background, mumbling about all this being way out of his league. He just wants to go... fishing. That's right. Fishing. He quickens his pace out of the townsite, hoping nobody will notice.

((Having played werewolf before and introduced silvermoon to it, well, the first day is always the toughest! Someone has to be booted the first day, and it's always a bummer because they don't get to stick around for the shenanigans. Thought I'd volunteer to help get the game rolling and keep all you wonderful writers in it for at least the first exciting part (night, and the second day). Also, I only gave myself a couple hours to stick around really didn't know it would be drawn out this long on a forum XD))
Last edited by Orca on Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

((Oh, it's not that bad Orca! Just make up a name quick (something of the something something), add in a colors or trait or three, and then fake it like I'm doing. :P You can do it too! ^^))

Strike rolled his eyes at the flippant Wrath and quieted a grumble-growl deep in his throat. But there really were more important things to deal with at the moment, "Look, we need to do something before this happens to anyone else. Fall of the Changing Leaves is right, it could be any of us, so we need to find the were-oquiesa and deal with them. I know of a cave nearby we can block off. Lets put the creature in there until we can decide what to do with it. No one else needs to end up like this!" Strike pointed to the fallen Samanayr with his nose.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

From the clamor, it appeared that a few names had sprung from crowd, Tortoise(amazondreamer), Wrath(Origami_Dragon), and Hunter(Bluestarwolf12) Was the village going to turn against them? Or what about that Samanayr(orca) sneaking suspiciously off in the the distance?

If you want to vote for someone to be confined to the caves, post their character name or username in bold.

((You guys are all doing great! I was thinking about potentially moving to a chat room or something if that is agreeable to everyone as it might be a little faster/easier to play... Here's a link for one we could try: https://chat.mibbit.com/ just enter a username(nick) and #samanayrs for channel))
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Post by ElvenArcher »

(OOC. Ugh. So sorry an emergency came up and I have to leave. I am going to have to drop out of the game :( . *sigh* I wanted to play too. I hope my dropping out doesn't cause too much trouble. Emergencies are a pain in the butt. :( talk to you all later)
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Rush watched the odd stranger leave in a hurry and her dark eyes widened. What with the bright, floaty and very loud samanayr (Wrath, wasn't it?), it was the perfect chance to escape without much attention. She would have to say something later, and she just hoped that someone else had seen the Samanayr leave too, otherwise.... Rush didn't do well in small places, wide open spaces where she could fly freely were her thing. She supposed it was all because of a foal in another Song... but that was a long story. "But how do we figure out who did it?" She piped up quickly.
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

Tortoise nodded, "Aye, confinement. But who?" He scowled at the young stallion sneaking away from the crowd. "If'n I were tha monster, that's exactly what Ah'd do. Slip away to strike again under cover of dark. Ah say we lock him ((orca)) up!"

((I'd rather keep it in the forums, that way people have time to read and respond to posts, but I can see where this will drag on))
Image Image Image Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

((Thanks for playing ElvenArcher!! There are some participation prizes I was going to announce once the first person was voted to be confined so you'll get one of those.))

We now have two choices here, you can all vote for ElvenArcher and we will move to the first night, or we can continue and essentially have two people out of the game at the end of this day.
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Hunter caught sight of the Samanayr creeping away out of the corner of his eye. Suspicious behavior indeed, though he could certainly see how such a ruckus might make someone uncomfortable, even if they weren't guilty.

But still. If this was going to become an issue... better safe than sorry.

"Awfully quick to flee the scene, friend ((orca)). That is more than a bit... suspicious, eh?"
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

Strike's thoughts followed Tortoise's when he turned to spot the youth slinking away. Now would be the time to try and make an escape alright. "Aye, catch that one ((orca)) before it's too late!"
PoisonedPromise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Fall tried to tune out the confusion going on around her... what were they to do? Strike's idea seemed like a good one, but what if they put the wrong Sam in? Someone else could be bitten before the night was through. Who to put in the cave?!

*sigh* "I think the only thing we can do at the moment is do as Strike suggested. We vote on someone to go into the cave, and hope we chose well!"

((Wow I am way behind, lol))
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

((I actually find RPing on chat rooms harder than in forums and would prefer to stay here, but if the rest of the group votes for a chat room I can deal with it.

Aww, sorry to hear you have to leave ElvenArcher. I hope everything works out.))

Twisting around to look over Strike's back at Tortoise, Wrath turned still further to follow his gaze, loosing her footing as she twisted her legs around each other in the process. From her sprawled position on the ground, she managed a slightly dazed comment. "I's seed hunteyrs befoyre tuyrn and yrun whens you tuyrn the game ayround... I says we chase them ((Orca)) and locks them up so's they don't make anyone else all sleep foyreveyrs..."
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Orca
Foal
Foal

Post by Orca »

The unnamed samanayr panics, someone has seen him! He breaks into a full run trying to get away, shouting over his shoulder, "I didn't do nothin'! I don't want to get involved in this madness, leave me alone!" ((Abstain))
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

((Also sorry to hear about the emergency, ElvenArcher. >.<

And it was a joy to have you as our first victim, Orca. :P))
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Rush was relieved to see that many of those gathered around caught the disappearing samanayr with ease. "((Orca)) seems suspicious, running off like that. Maybe it'd be safe to... put them in that cave." Caves. She fluttered her wings as she stood a little taller.
FoxyJhai
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Northern

Post by FoxyJhai »

Delicacy looks to and fro worriedly. "Oh dear, oh dear. I don't like this at all. But if its for everyone's safety, then I suppose we should confine the stranger ((Orca))."
Samanayrs

Pets
Image Image Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

With the majority of votes pointing towards Orca, a group of burly Samanayrs runs off into the bushes in the direction he had run off and drag him back to the cave. "Sorry buddy, no 'fishing' for you today."

OK, the majority has voted for Orca, he is the first to be confined to the caves. We will now be heading into the night phase now. For those of you receiving pm's, I will be sending these out shortly, and those of you who need to pm me, you are welcome to do so now.

((Thanks for playing Orca))
Orca
Foal
Foal

Post by Orca »

((T'was nice meeting ya all, however briefly and oddly! I was just telling silvermoon, you are all incredible writers at heart. The detailed interactions are great. I'm just happy to pop in and bow out so the real fun can continue :p))

The poor samanayr is confined kicking and screaming. His last words before being shut away: "You've got the wrong one! I swear! You have to believe me...!"