Sushi's breeding season journal - done like dinner!

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Sushi's breeding season journal - done like dinner!

Post by Sushidragon »

Since this is going to be such an endeavor, I thought it'd be fun to keep a breeding season 'journal,' which will document my progress and my gradual descent into madness as I color color color XD

I just finished going through all of the breeding forms, and there's, uh, 15 successful pairs. Which means at least 15 new Samanayrs. Uh. I think next breeding season I'm going to have a limited number of breeding slots, like the past few times I did them XD; Although I am so happy to see so many people interested in Samanayrs!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Re: Sushi's breeding season journal

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Wow...that's almost a 40% success rate! Either the randomizer felt overly generous or there were a lot of Mystic-containing Songs entered or both. Poor Sushi...we really did swamp you. Hold off that maddness! One thing at a time, take your time.

But a journal sounds fun. Just as long as we aren't really watching you decend into madness...
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Math
Life without Sams is like Life without Air... It's Not Possible!

Post by Math »

I agree with Origami Dragon.
Good luck as you travel into the colouring part... I hope you end up colouring my little yellow sam!
ImageImage
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

oooh, 15 new itty bitty cuties! I'm sure they will all be worth it, take your time, I'm sure we will all understand. And the breeding journal sounds like a great idea. *crosses fingers and hopes that one of the babies is mine*

We will be here to provide moral support and e-cookies!!!!!! *hands over a plate of freshly baked e-cookies*
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

*dances* Well 15/38 not bad at all! I don't blame you for wanting to limit the slots next time around! That's a lot of babies, but it's going to be sooo cute to see them all posted!
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

*starts building a Samanayr nursery/daycare center*

Let's see... fluffly animals, squeaky toys, brightly colored blocks, tiny cribs, lots and LOTS of bottles, a few sparkly mobiles, annnd... some quiet music boxes for lullaby time.

Anyone want to add anything? :)
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

*adds in fuzzy blankets and pillows* Gotta have somewhere for them to take naps!

Take your time with the foals Sushi! Don't forget to take lots of breaks, walks, and snacks too!
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

*adds berries and melon and other tasty fruits*

Gotta make sure the babies have their nutrition! <3
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

don't forget diapers or a nice grassy pasture for them to do their business, we don't want them making a mess in Sushi's home.
Britain
Valentine Key
Favorite Sam species: Northern!

Post by Britain »

*adds cookies just to defeat the illusions of naptime* >_>
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Thanks for the encouragement, I think I'm going to need it XD;

Unfortunately I didn't get any of the foals done yesterday, I was working on drawing some other things, had to go out grocery shopping, and then got a tremendous headache from the heat and couldn't do much of anything o_x Argh I wish it would cool off just a little bit! Today I'm going to try to get as much as I can done before it gets super hot.

I'm going to do a Ustream today so that everyone can watch the foals being made. I find that a Ustream keeps me focused on drawing and I don't get as distracted as when I'm just by myself XD
Image Image

Britain
Valentine Key
Favorite Sam species: Northern!

Post by Britain »

Yay, Ustream!

Yeah, I feel for you. It gets so blasted hot here that it drains you completely, and you feel like you've lost all energy for all other activities. SUCKS. Make sure you drink lots and lots of water.
Bright Promise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Bright Promise »

I feel your pain, sushi. I've had severe migraines for the past 3 weeks now and I can't seem to get any work done on my personal projects outside of my day job. I wonder if it has something to do with the heat too. I try to get my apartment as cool as possible but it never seems to get cool enough in my bedroom. Bleh. I just took meds for my migraine but they make me feel all weird and tired. Just went down to starbuck's to get a large chai iced latte... hoping this helps a bit. Bleh again.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

eeee! Foal Ustream!

but yah, it's soo hot here, I even went out and jumped through the sprinkler yesterday with my brother, and tried to convince our dog to join us. The weather is so weird these days, so hot during the days and then we had a huge thunder storm with pouring rain in the evening a couple of days ago :shock:
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

@Britain - Yeah, I just want to meeeeelt XD It's a good thing I'm finally used to the taste of the drinking water here, I'm going through a lot of it!

@Bright Promise - Oh ick, that doesn't sound fun o_x I hope they go away soon! Hopefully there'll be a break in the heat and you'll be able to cool down a bit.

@silvermoondragon - I heard about that thunderstorm, I was so jealous XD We haven't had a real thunderstorm here for weeks! We did have rain a couple of weeks ago, but that's a distant memory now XD When I went for a walk this morning it was so nice to walk through sprinklers that were on (and watering the sidewalk..), and I'm really looking forward to tomorrow, since we're going to go for a float down the river!
Image Image

Bright Promise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Bright Promise »

Sushidragon wrote:@Britain - Yeah, I just want to meeeeelt XD It's a good thing I'm finally used to the taste of the drinking water here, I'm going through a lot of it!
Get a brita water filter? I used to hate tap water but after I bought one while living on my own in college it has saved me from dehydration and crazy plastic bottled water costs (plus in most cases tastes better than bottled water!)
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

I had to go out and walk the dog during the thunderstorm. It wasn't raining that much and the storm was pretty far away so I thought it wouldn't be that bad, I don't need an umbrella, my raincoat will be fine, but right in the middle of the walk it just started pouring and I got soaked!

And have fun floating down the river, I did that in Penticton once on a vacation there, and it was lots of fun. Our raft started leaking a bit though... not enough to start sinking, but enough to get us all wet which was kinda nice. I think the dogs claws poked a little hole in the bottom.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Got through four of the breedings today, colored and everything. Started on a fifth, but after three failed poses and inkings gave up and decided to go to bed. Maybe I will be able to get them done before the 4th after all XD
Image Image

Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

Yay!! Hehehe, that's one more than shown on U-stream! Great work Sushi! And so you know any u-streams you want to hold we'll be there for you too! As an assistant to focusing if that's possible with this crew! XD
Dragonspyrit
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Dragonspyrit »

WOW that's a lot of babies 0.0
Custom Line Art | Image | My PIFF: Click!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Phew, we made it back alive XD It took three and a half hours for the trip down the river, phew! It was nice and cool though ^____^

I got another breeding finished today and another inked, but not yet colored. Working on it! I might have a Ustream tomorrow while I work on them, but we'll see.
Image Image

Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

Glad you had fun!! It's nice to take a break and get away from it all for a bit!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

A productive day - finished six of the foals! That leaves me only 4 more breedings to get through :D Maybe I'll even be finished tomorrow!
Image Image

Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

Holy wow, you've been zooming! xD That's absolutely awesome! *gives you sushi in the least cannibalistic way possible*
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

Yay!!! That's great! If you keep up the rate you're going at you'll have them all done by the weekend! Then it's just a matter of scanning, cleaning and posting them! XD

You holding another U-stream while you work on the final 4?