Favorite Kinds of Cake?

Talk about anything you want here.
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Favorite Kinds of Cake?

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Just curious as to what everyone's favorite type of cake is. Or, for those unlikely few of you that don't like cake, favorite kind of pie. The question has been nagging at me for some time now, and I just would like to know. My favorite is vanilla cake with vanilla buttercreme icing and filling, with vanilla ice cream on the side. (Yes. I am obsessed with vanilla XD) So, what's yours?
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Re: Favorite Kinds of Cake?

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Hmmm, good question.

I think apple pie/pumpkin pie is my favorite, depending on my mood XD Apple's good for breakfast >>

Cake would have to be either angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream, or vanilla cake with chocolate frosting, or an oreo cake. Also depends on my mood XD Chocolate trifle's good too :D Just not with Kahlua in it. Yucky!
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

I like ice cream cakes, yum! Especially good on hot days! As for normal cakes, I like caramel cakes and Oreo cookie cakes. I'm not such a fan of chocolate, cheese or fruity cakes. Chocolate is not that bad, I would just prefer vanilla. Same with ice cream, however, if it's white chocolate, then add that to favourites.
Britain
Valentine Key
Favorite Sam species: Northern!

Post by Britain »

Rainbow chip cake with rainbow chip frosting!!!

I pretty much love anything sweet and baked, but I'm not a huge fan of chocolate cake- i do believe you can have too much chocolate (I'm hypoglycemic, and it gives me sugar headaches to have too much sugar). Similar problem with ice cream- the cold hurts me teeth!

I'll make sacrifices, though. I can deal with a little headache in the name of CAKE. Also, for 'pie'- homemade blackberry cobbler, with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla. I'll suffer for that one, too. ;D
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

My grandmother's chocolate coffee cake and raspberry meringue cake are my two favorites. Both of which I need to learn how to bake. >_>

Store bought has to be rainbow chip though!
Bright Promise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Bright Promise »

Not really a cake fan but I love vanilla cupcakes. Something about full cakes tasting kind of stale to me and the pieces that people cut are always too big. Cupcakes are the perfect size. :D *shrugs* Favorite kind of pie wavers between cherry and apple depending on how I feel.
Kendarath
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Kendarath »

Cheesecake is definitely the best type of cake out there. I could eat cheesecake every day...

As for pie, pumpkin pie is the winner hands down. :D
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Two words.
Lemon. Meringue. 8D

If someone ever gave me a lemon meringue just out of the blue, I would spend the rest of the day clinging to them. Seriously. :O I love them about as much as Sushi love, er, sushi!!
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

My favorite kinds of cake are cheesecake (any kind!), ice cream cakes, and chocolate cake with lots of chocolate frosting. Mmmmmm <3
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

There's a bakery/restaurant here that makes a cake called Chantilly Lace. It's a chocolate/white marbled torte with chocolate butter cream and custard filling, white butter cream icing, and fancy chocolate shavings on the top. For me, it doesn't get any better than that.

As for pie, I love pumpkin. With a ton of whipped cream on top. Yum!
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Raenia
Silence of Uncertain Cause

Post by Raenia »

I love a really good spice cake, but I don't get that very often. For pie, pumpkin pie hands down. My absolute favorite bakery item is my mom's banana bread. Almost a cake, so soft and moist, and not too sweet.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sapphirefeather
Yearling
Yearling
Favorite Sam species: Elemental

Post by Sapphirefeather »

Hmmm... That's a tough one consitering I'll eat pretty much any type of cake. :lol: But, if I had to pick one kind I'd say German Chocolate. It has really delicious coconut topping stuff and chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Just the right balence of chocolate and coconut-- and not too chocolatey. As for pie-- pumpkin smoothered in whipped cream. :D