Workspaces!

Talk about anything you want here.
Bright Promise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Workspaces!

Post by Bright Promise »

I'm so excited. I am just about done re-doing my office workspace at home (different from my work space at work) so I can finally do some much needed art and web development, and I just had to share! ^-^ My new widescreen monitor came today while I was home off sick from work and I just connected it to my Mac Book. It's so purdy! My admin at work also said I got a package there today while I was gone that has my new apple wireless keyboard and laptop stand. Squee! <3 I had a wireless mouse already so I only needed those to fulfill my evil plan. O_O

I just need to hang my cork board on the wall and find some more "inspiration" items (hmm, maybe hanging up some printed samanayrs? ;-)) and put together my neglected fish tank from waaay back in high school.

Yay! So excited XD

Anyone else want to share their workspace or if you don't have one, what is your ideal work space?

P.S. I was heavily inspired by Life Hacker's Workspace Show and Tell pool on Flickr to get my bum in gear and make my "ideal" workspace! I hope to post my own pictures there once I get everything *perfect* and all neat and tidy. :-) http://www.flickr.com/groups/lifehacker ... owandtell/
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Re: Workspaces!

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Big L-shaped desk, or U-shaped, not sure which I'd like more XD Lots of shelves and cubby holes so I can stick models, paints, brushes, blades, etc in them. Area for both of my computers, laptop and desktop, and a larger area for leaving my current works in progress out. Plenty of natural light as well, or fake natural light.

That's what I'd love to have, at least. It'll be a long while before I get it XD
Britain
Valentine Key
Favorite Sam species: Northern!

Post by Britain »

>_> My workspace is always covered in STUFF and not appropriate for public consumption. *cough*

However, we did just move things around so I now have a SEWING ROOM. Terribly excited about that.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

well, I liked my workspace at home with dual monitors, although I didn't have too much desk space for drawing or for my laptop, but since I have moved up to Guelph, I have to create a new workspace. I am excited to start organizing my room and buying some furniture and stuff(it will be nice to sleep in a bed once again instead of the floor), but first I have to finish painting. When everything is all settled, I'll see if I can get up some pictures.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I would love to have one of those corner L-shaped desks and a lot of storage space :D A niiiiice big desk surface so that I could have my laptop, second monitor, and drawing stuff all spread out, with projects in progress scattered everywhere. And lots of shelves, and big windows with lots of natural light!

I'll take some photos of my workspace when this show's over, since it's as neat as it gets right now XD Unfortunately I don't have a nice dedicated workspace at the moment - we only have one bedroom so my desk and stuff is set up in the middle of the living room. On the plus side, I can watch TV while I work!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

I know it sounds lame, but id love to just have a HUGE table with a smaller swivel piece that goes up and down. I wouldnt mind a desk like the ones in the picture ^_^

Id be happy with just about anything to tell you the truth. O.o;; currently I draw on a clip board ^_^;; Im broke. :3

Good luck! :D *hugs*
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Here my current workspace, part I!

I love this table, I got it from Ikea a few years ago and have carried it around with me ever since. My laptop pretty much lives on my table with the second monitor, and when I'm drawing or doing a Ustream I just push the laptop to the back of the table.

Also on the desk right now are my pencil case, a big pile of paper, some markers, dice, bags of safety eyes, my morning cup of coffee, my phone, a couple of DVDs and computer games, some stuffed sushi, pens, a box of pins, and my laptop and mouse. Not shown are my boxes and bookcase where I store most of my stuff, since they're messy XD

Workspace part II is the kitchen table, which I've been taking over every so often for larger projects. Right now I'm making marble magnets!
Image Image

silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

cool, now we can see where those pencil crayons materialize from on the Ustream!
Bright Promise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Bright Promise »

RikkuGirl wrote:I know it sounds lame, but id love to just have a HUGE table with a smaller swivel piece that goes up and down.
What's a swivel piece? O_o
RikkuGirl wrote:I currently I draw on a clip board ^_^;; Im broke. :3
Ain't nothing wrong with that. I sketch/draw some of my best art on a clipboard still X3
Bright Promise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Bright Promise »

LvSoulFriend wrote:Plenty of natural light as well, or fake natural light.
Yeah, I like that too. Right now I don't have enough light in my office so I brought in my floor lamp from the family room which has a nice "natural light" light bulb in it. It's better than a fluorescent light.
Bright Promise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Bright Promise »

Sushidragon wrote: I love this table, I got it from Ikea a few years ago and have carried it around with me ever since.
Haha. Love <3 My new furniture is from Ikea too. I'm a cheap just-out-of-college 20-something. :-)
Sushidragon wrote: Also on the desk right now are my pencil case, a big pile of paper, some markers, dice, bags of safety eyes...
What are safety eyes? O_o
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I'm so sad that there's no Ikea here ;____; We bought our couch from a 'for real' furniture store, and it was a nightmare of delivery delays, the couch arriving and being ruined, etc XD

Safety eyes are plastic eyes that you attach by pushing a washer onto the back, pretty much attaching it permanently. I'm assuming they're called safety eyes because they can't fall off and be eaten by young kids.

http://glasseyesonline.com/images/DSCN1546.JPG
Image Image