Preparation for something months away...

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Math
Life without Sams is like Life without Air... It's Not Possible!

Preparation for something months away...

Post by Math »

Well, I got word back from Sushi that she'd take money orders for customs! :P So now, all I will need is permission from my mom and a slot to get a custom! :) Along with money of course, so that's why I'm planning for a slot after Christmas.

I can't decide though on what I should get, should it be; a mimic of my beloved cat Cielo, a matching stallion for Spice, an Aquatic, my dream Kirin, my dream Sa'grisayr *takes a breath* or a breeding? If I go for a custom Sa'grisayr or maybe a custom Desert... I'll do the breeding because I have a species and a rarity modiem which would get me a custom rare breed for only $15... if I understand correctly.
ImageImage
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Re: Preparation for something months away...

Post by Jennalyn »

I don't believe that Kirin can be commissioned. :3 Correct me if I'm wrong, but yeah. I think the only way to get Kirin, Kodyla, etc. is to win them in a contest.

Aside from that, there are plenty of boys who have the potential to go really well with Spice, so I'd recommend one of your other options. =^_^=
Math

Post by Math »

They aren't? That's probably why there's only three of them then. XD

You have a point there. I'm leaning more towards the custom breeding or my Cielo mimic. :)
ImageImage
Math

Post by Math »

Unless my mind changes by then, I think if I get a slot, I'll get this young lady:

Username: Math
Samanayr name: Desire of the Pounding Heart
Species: Desert
Colors/markings description:
She is mainly a very pale cream colour that fades into a slightly darker cream colour as it gets to her legs (like Tervenna's Echo of the Faded Earth). She is bi-eyed, one eye is crystal blue and the other is a golden yellow. Her mane and tail match the colour of her legs. Her hooves are a silver grey, more on the dark side.
Special traits (optional): (she has the breed traits: tufted tail, large ears, and reduced foot tufts) Horn nubs
Accessories (optional): She has a dark brown coloured rope around her neck, with a few topaz coloured gems hanging from it, all in varying sizes.
A few words describing personality: She is very kind hearted, and is quite energetic. She's very smart and loves to socialize. She can be quite judgemental but overall, she's very friendly.
Anything else? Can she be in a pose where both eyes are shown? But she's not directly facing the person looking at her? :)
ImageImage
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

So you decided against going for a breeding and will just be getting a cutom desert then? She sounds pretty. I like deserts...but I like aquatics and sa'grisayrs too. So one of those would have been my vote. I really like the color pallet that most deserts come in; golds and creams and rusty reds...so pretty.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Math

Post by Math »

Yep, because I wanted the desert mare to have some horn nubs. :) I was tied between a Sa'grisayr too, as I adore them... but I really love the deserts and their colour palette as well. :)
ImageImage
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

That makes me wonder...if you use Species + Rarity modiems and get your choice of species...does it still have a chance to aquire other traits from the parents... Hmm...good thing to ask Sushi one day! If it does...there's one open Song out there where both members have Horn Nubs.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Oh, it does have a chance! In the Song of the Highland Hills, Koi was born from two Samanayr parents and inherited his sire's leonine mane. :3
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Ooh, that's right, he did! Breeding is such fun... Though a breeding won't let you choose colors and markings and such...there's some pairs out there that have such a variety of traits that might mix and match in a foal...
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Math

Post by Math »

What song was that? The one where they had the horn nubs?
ImageImage
Math

Post by Math »

I've figured out that she'll cost me $19, and I just designed her a mate because I'm hoping that I'll make a pair song with the two of them called Song of the Lost Desert. *no stealing the name*

Here is what I have for a mate for Desire:

Username: Math
Samanayr name: Beat of the Rapid Heart
Species: Desert
Colors/markings description: He is a cream colour that fades to a light dusty desert brown on his legs. His eyes are emerald green, and his mane and tail are white. His hooves are a dark brown.
Special traits (optional): (breed traits: large ears, tufted tail, leonine mane) Long horns
Accessories (optional): He doesn't have any.
A few words describing personality: Territorial, obsessive, short-tempered and considerate.
Anything else? I don't think so.
ImageImage
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Well, since custom slots are usually only for one Sam (unless you order a Song spot for three), there are actually a large number of Desert boys compared to girls so I'm sure she could find herself someone awesome if she didn't feel like waiting. ^_^
Math

Post by Math »

I think I may just let her wait, because I'm more interested in making my own song so I won't really have to coordinate with other owners for breeding season and whether or not they don't want their stallion to breed. :)
I think Desire could wait though. :) I'd just try to get Beat the month after or whenever the next customs are. :)
Thanks for bringing that up though, Jennalyn. :)
ImageImage
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Hee, I definitely understand the allure of creating your own Song with lead mare and stallion. I've never done anything like that, no... xD

Just as a heads up for the future: if your mare is in a Song, it's generally accepted that you can breed with her and the stallion at any point in time without permission. It never hurts to give a heads up that foals may be on the way, but the owner of the stallion allowing her to join is tacit permission for any breedings. It's if you don't own either of a pair that you need to make sure you always get permission. ^_^

Likewise if you own the stallion of a Song, it's generally understood by mares joining that you may use the pair for breeding at any time.
Math

Post by Math »

Really? I never knew that. XD Probably because neither Lull or Spice are in a song yet. (is working on that)
ImageImage
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Hee, your lovely girls will find their places. :3 I'm quite sure of that.

I generally put a note in my Song permissions area to the effect that mares can use my boy whenever they want, but that's just so that everything's out in the open rather than being required to do it. In my opinion, part of the pleasure of running a Song (or ten...) is having other people suddenly show up with foals from my Sams! I love it! That's why so many of my Songs are Open or Semi-Open. Even the Closed ones are usually available if people ask and we chat about it. I love seeing my babies make more pretty babies.
Math

Post by Math »

I love seeing the foals from songs and seeing how Sushi incorporated each parent into each and every one. :) Hopefully by the next breeding season Spice will be in a song, and I can hopefully see one of her pretty foals. :)
ImageImage
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Somewhat belated responce...but the Song with both members having Horn Nubs is Harroway's Song of the Earthen Shield.

And I like owning mare and stallion as well, especially if I want to RP them at all. But open Songs are fun too, as are joining other's Songs. Or having others join yours.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

:o I'm surprised, you're not planning on a yellow custom? XD
Math

Post by Math »

Nope, I decided to do a more natural cream colour palette, I did however incorporate golden yellow eyes and yellow topaz gems on her necklace though. <3
ImageImage
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

Open Song of Horn Nubbiness for everybody! :D That's why I love open Songs - you don't have to worry about getting permission from somebody to have a chance at a horn nubby baby!