Young Stallion Seeks Companions

Have a new Song looking for members? Want to trade an item for something else? This is the place to go!
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Young Stallion Seeks Companions

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Mr. Bleached Sands here, while not quite ready to give up traveling and settle down in one place, is interested in finding some mares to journey with him in a nomadic Song. He's a slightly nervous young fellow (comes with having a mother like his, practically scared of her own shadow :roll: ) but fairly easy going for all that. He is still a bit naive in the ways of the greater world, but overall a nice guy. Since he comes from what is currently (if unofficially) a pair Song he isn't quite sure how larger Songs work, but he's certainly willing to consider multiple mares. They do have to be willing to travel to all climes save the far North and accept the presence of his pet catgryph though. A few mares have already expressed interest; if still interested, please reply here. RP is not required, but is strongly encouraged.
~~~~~~
Gyre slowly dropped from a canter to a trot to a walk, and finally stopped dead, just staring all around. After traveling for several moons he had left the desert far, far behind. In front of him was a vast abundance of greenery, beyond even what he had managed to almost grow accustomed to since leaving the desert of his birth. He had been here once before, when he was very young, to watch his father race. But then it had been the races and his father that had captured the young foal's eyes. Now the abundant plant life and ever present water of the Rainbow Hotsprings awed the young stallion. Such plenty! And yet his parents insisted on staying in the desert...

After a moment Gyre shook his head and with an effort shook off the almost paralyzing awe. Clucking softly to his catgryph to call her back to his side Gyre continued on, though he couldn't help looking around. For one brief moment he glanced down a particular path, wondering if he should call on the Song of the Rainbow and his aunt, but decided against it for now. After all, he had yet to shake the habit of sleeping by day and traveling by night that desert life had given him. Best not to wake them.

With a sigh he slipped past the path, reminding himself once again that he really needed to change his habits for those of the rest of the Samanayr world. Too many times he had been chased off by resident Songs who had mistaken him for an intruder bent on taking over the territory. In their eyes no one else would be sulking around so late. With that in mind he began looking for a place to rest for the remainder of the night. Turning down one tempting looking path he found...yet another pool of hot water. The scent of all that water and the sweet fruits and flowers growing all around made his stomach rumble, and without further checking to see if the spring was already occupied or not he turned down the path, intent on filling his belly before settling down for the night.

((Feel free to jump ahead to the next morning if you'd rather and just say he spent the night there.))
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Kendarath
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Re: Young Stallion Seeks Companions

Post by Kendarath »

Veil and Gyre seemed to be getting along well enough in the rp, and she's certainly be okay with staying nomadic for a while longer.
After her encounter with the desert stallion Gyre on the edge of the desert they had gone their separate ways. Veil had been curious about the desert that she had just arrived at, and she had gotten the feeling that he was excited to be leaving.

So Veil had explored the desert for some time before heading back to the Rainbow Hotsprings. She was thinking about going to see the ocean next, and, well, she felt it was about time that she found someone to travel with. Before she'd met Gyre she had thought that she was the only one who wanted to see the world before settling down, but the conversation she'd had with him had made her realize that maybe she just had to look a bit harder to find a travelling companion. And that was why she was heading back to the Hotsprings before she otherwise might have, in the hopes of finding someone there who might want to go see the sea with her.

She'd been there for a couple of weeks, speaking mostly to other unattached mares, but so far her luck hadn't been very good, and she hadn't found anyone yet. So it had been rather dejectedly that she had settled for the night, in one of the unclaimed hot springs. Maybe she would just have to accept that she would have to set out alone again...
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

It had been a long time since the young filly had joined her parents in a trip through the desert on a visit to some old friends. Now that she was grown and away from her Song, Sybil had come to be a wandering mare. She didn't mind her travels, and rather liked stopping to help other Songs with her predictions. She could read the clouds and predict events in the future, and several Songs had appreciated her services. Others had found her very strange and alien, not only for her usual traits, but for her abilities as well. Many had mistaken her for a Mystic, or a freakish mutation of one. This did not offend her as much as she had thought it might, for she understood why they must have thought her so strange. Her parents didn't have strands like she did, or fangs like she did, but she was still their daughter. She pushed the thoughts out of her mind and sat by the moist shore of a lake, looking up at the night sky.

Few clouds hung there for a prediction, so the mare folded her wings behind her. Wind rubbed gently against her fur and she turned, eyeing what she thought was a familiar warm brown and ruffling of feathers on a feline form. Curious, Sybil got up to examine the scene more closely. Standing at a distance from the stallion and his companion, Sybil cocked her head.

"Hello?"
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

It wasn't until Moonlight chirped inquisitively and a voice from the edge of the spring, which was rather larger than he had first thought, spoke up that Gyre realized he wasn't alone. Freezing in surprise he actually scanned the area. He'd been here too long... Once it would have been second nature to look before entering an unknown area. But now...he had grown used to the idea that these lands were safe and that nothing would bother him here worse than an annoyed elder stallion driving hastening him on his way.

The leaf shadows that danced all over the place here made it hard for him to see, flickering, dancing, constantly changing the scene, unlike the still dimness of his desert birthplace. Gyre blinked a few times, trying to make things make sense again. Slowly his eyes focused, showing him not one, but two others already here. One seemed to have settled in for the night, but the other was standing by the edge of the water, still awake. With the breeze behind him preventing him from catching their scents, Gyre's first thought was that he had stumbled upon a stallion and his mare.

"Eyrr...hello. My apologies, I didn't know this spyring was occupied alyready." His eyes narrowed as he squinted, trying to make out the features of the others more clearly. But most of what he could see of Sybil was the long horn growing from her forehead and...feathers. But the hints of brightness on Veil were throwing up sparks of memory. For now though that memory remained elusive, teasing him at the edges of his mind but not letting him figure out why the other Sam looked almost...familiar. He shook his head briefly and remained at the entrance to the spring, hesitating. "Shall I go oyr may I stay heyre foyr the night as well?"
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Kendarath
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Kendarath »

Veil had been fairly deeply asleep, so it took her a moment to wake up to the sound of the voices around her. She'd been dreaming about stalking a butterfly, so it had been a little bit strange to suddenly hear voices and chirping, and she'd dragged her head upwards, shaking it vigorously in an attempt to wake herself up. "Muyrr?" she said sleepily, blinking and scenting the air.

She blinked again, this time at what the wind was bringing her. "Hey," she said excitedly as she get to her feet, "Come oveyr heyre wheyre I can see you."
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

"You suyrley won't be dyriven away by me, neitheyr of you." the feathered mare said evenly. Sybil stepped forward, tilting her head so as to see the others a bit more clearly. Her milky eyes blinked several times, recognizing the two of them in the dark. Sybil realized they may not recognize her in return, but she was excited to see others she knew. She stretched her many wings and folded them again, approaching the two Sams slowly.

"I don't suppose you would yremembeyr me. I was so tiny when I met the two of you..."
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

One after another the two 'strangers' spoke. This time Gyre noted that both voices were most definitely feminine. He tilted his head and took a tentative step further into the clear space surrounding the spring. Slowly Gyre's tail began to twitch, and then lash as his head went up alertly. The one who had been sleeping had managed to regain her feet and was looking at him excitedly. And the voice stirred those memories more strongly.

Gyre's feet splashed in the water as he waded out into the most moonlit part of the area and stood looking back and forth between the two mares. His nostrils quivered as he finally caught the scent. "Veil!" he exclaimed suddenly, memories of the night he had first left home coming back sharp and clear.

As Sybil spoke Gyre turned back to her, head tilted to the side as he looked over the young mare just in time to see the triple set of wings fan out briefly as she stretched. His jaw dropped. It couldn't be... "You... That... ChuyrningOcean's filly?" A faint blush crept up under his fur as he remembered the tiny thing tumbling around and under him and contrasted the little filly with this elegant mare in front of him. Oh my how she had grown... Assuming this was the same Samanayr that was.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Kendarath
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Kendarath »

((Hahaha, we were writing responses at the same time.))

Veil's butt was wiggling with excitement as she turned to the stallion, "Gyre, it is you!" she exclaimed, bouncing a little into the shallows. She whipped her head around to look at the mare, "Wow, you've gyrown so much!" she said, shaking herself all over and laughing, "What ayre the odds?"
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

When Gyre mentioned her mother, Sybil nodded slowly. "I am the same filly, but it's been a veyry long time since we all saw one anotheyr. I am happy to see both of you again." Veil was still so joyful and it warmed the mare's heart to know her predictions were correct. She foresaw a meeting like this in the clouds many nights ago, and traveled to the hotsprings in hopes of seeing it for herself. Sybil was pleasantly surprised with herself, growing more used to her abilities with each passing day.

The mare stepped closer to the two Samanayrs and bowed to them both, remembering that she now had a name they did not know. "I am now called Jewelledcloud~Sybil, and it is a pleasuyre to meet you both again. I saw this in a vision, so I came heyre to see you."
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Gyre's spirits lifted at Veil's obvious joy in seeing him again and he splashed over to the shallows where she was standing. More than once since they'd parted, she heading into the desert and he out of it, he had wondered if he should perhaps have said something to her, asked if they might instead travel the same path. And now their paths had crossed once more.

Before he could sort out what he wanted to say now though, Sybil spoke again. He turned to her, snorting thoughtfully. "As I yrecall when we met befoyre you told us the clouds had told you we might...have a futuyre togetheyr, didn't you. Did they tell you we would meet again heyre?" His tufted tail swished softly as he turned back and forth, regarding both mares in turn.

"Did they tell you why we weyre heyre?" His twitching tail twitched faster and he gulped slightly. He was looking for a companion, or more than one even. His thoughts up until this point had been in seeking a temporary travel companion, but encountering the two mares was making him think twice about that. It would be nice, so nice, to find someone who would stay with him. Hadn't his father told stories about his own childhood among a nomadic Song? He wouldn't have to settle down yet just because he started a Song, not so long as he could find the right mare or mares, ones who would agree to travel on. Would either of these two like that? But he didn't know how to ask...
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

Sybil sat down and contemplated this for a moment. She still considered herself young and not at all yet wise in the ways of the world. She still wandered about curiously, and came from a Song that, while small, did show her much of the world through their travels. She always thanked her parents for educating her as best they could. But even they did not know why their daughter looked so different from them, yet the same. But these two - Gyre and Veil - did not shy away from her in fear or disgust. Part of her wished she was a simple Mystic, but she found through trial and error that she possessed no elemental magic, and all she saw where visions in the clouds.

The mare nodded to Gyre's first question. "The clouds did tell me you two had a possible futuyre, yes." She looked up to the sky for a moment, seeing small wisps of smoke travel briskly. "They only tell me possibilities, not necessayrily pyrobabilities, but..." Sybil turned to Veil and smiled, though her fangs made a little difficult and probably slightly creepy, if unintentional. She had her father to thank for the fangs, she thought. "It is my honest opinion that it would be a veyry... pleasant ayryrangement. Foyr all payrties involved."

After she realized what she said and the manner in which she said it, Sybil couldn't help but giggle and shake her head. "Ah, theyre I go, sounding just like my fatheyr. Soyryry about that!" She in truth wished to be more like her mother, if a bit more restrained. Sybil felt like she was still finding her place in the world. "Sometimes the clouds show me why things may be the way they say, but not always. Not this time, anyway. I think it fate!"
Kendarath
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Kendarath »

Veil was grinning happily at both of them still, listening to them speak to one another faster than she could come up with responses of her own in her excitement. Sybil's smile startled her for a moment, but then she was grinning back again. She still remembered her determination to accept the filly's oddities from their first meeting, and that hadn't changed just because she was grown now.

"Well," Veil finally said, finally giving her cheeks a break from smiling. "I know that I'm heyre because I want someone to tyravel with now, instead of always tyravelling alone. If that's what you ayre both heyre foyr, then that would be a veyry pleasant ayrrangement indeed," she grinned at Sybil again as she said it, so the other mare would hopefully understand there was no ill intent in her mimicry.
Last edited by Kendarath on Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Gyre's head was swinging steadily back and forth between the two mares, paying no attention to his catgryph, who had decided she was bored with these Samanarys for the moment and was further down the spring, attempting to fish. She found the endless water nearly as fascinating as Gyre did.

For a moment Gyre was vaguely disappointed that Sybil didn't already know why he was here. It would have saved him from having to find the words to put behind his presence himself. But...her voices or clouds or whatever told her things that he didn't understand seemed to have left her with positive feelings about the outcome of this seemingly chance meeting. One hoof damply stamped down, reminding him that he was still standing in pleasantly warm water. He started to wade forwards when Veil spoke up again.

Gyre's head shot upwards and his stunted wings quivered. Eyes wide he stumbled out the words. "Yes, that is much the yreason why I came heyre. Oyr one of them. I did want to see this place again, with moyre undeyrstanding, but my tyravels of late have felt lonely. Moonlight may be a gyreat fyriend, but she cannot talk with me. I wished to find someone who would...tyravel with me, even foyr a time, peyrhaps foyr...longeyr than just a time." The flush returned to his furry cheeks.

To clear the flush he continued on. "But yright now I came to this spot thinking to tyry and sleep some tonight. But peyrhaps fiyrst you would join me in a snack? Both of you?" One stubby wing indicated the abundance of sweet fruit and flowers that still lingered, even as the season grew late and the air began to hold a touch of chill.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

Sybil chuckled at Gyre's flushing cheeks and walked near to where the sweet fruit sat, succulent and waiting for them. "I would like it veyry much to accompany you in youyr tyravels, if you would allow it." she said quietly, listening to the sounds of the night enveloping the trio of Samanayrs. "I have seen many anotheyr Song, but neveyr a stallion quite like you. I think you ayre an excellent companion, if you don't mind me saying so!" The mare giggled sheepishly and took a bite of one of the fruits. To be honest, she hadn't seen this part of their interaction in a vision, but she felt it was right, somehow. Though they were so drastically different, their families were friends and companions to each other for a long time.
Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Deserts & Illiayrs

Post by Esperanza »

I would like to put in Gem. I'm not exactly good with roleplaying, but I will if I have too. <3

You can just post saying that you want me too. <3
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

((She is a little darling, isn't she! While I'd love it if she was RPed in at least a brief intro, it isn't required. I suspect they'll meet in the Bird Hunt RP anyways, yes? I'm probably going to be setting up the Song either after that RP wraps up, or late this weekend, whichever comes first. The RP is mostly because I like feeling that my Sams are in Songs with compatible personalities, so maybe if you don't feel comfortable RPing with her you could post a little about her personality?))
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Esperanza »

((I do guess that they will meet then, since she is in the "Great Bird Hunt" roleplay. I will post her personality and I guess I will try and roleplay. <3))

Personality: Well, Gem is one of those happy-go-lucky, the cup is half full, kind of samanayr, well, on the outside, inside she does hold many secrets that she doesn't really like to share. She is somewhat shy in large crowds (like more than 7), but being in a song would be perfectly find with her. She always thought being in one would be quite swell. She loves to run, but can be calm and caring. She loves foals and has a motherly like instinct, despite her being somewhat young. She is also awkward, and has a sense of humor. But she is also slightly protective and can snap.))

((I can't exactly talk like a sam, I never really picked up how too.. But I guess I can try in that also. xD))

Gem lowered her head, sniffing amongst the ground as she tried to find something to eat. She could hear noises of the night, the night birds flying around, and the chirping of crickets. She raised up her head for a minute, grass dangling from her mouth. She turned her head slightly, and noticed three figures standing in the distance. She wondered whether or not she should try and approach them. She raised her head even higher then it already was and decided to move closer. She began to slowly walk toward them.

When she got somewhat closer she stretched out her neck and squinted into the night. She then noticed the figure of a stallion, and then the figure of two mares. A song, perhaps? Oh how she had always dreamed of one day being in a song. Maybe, this could be the day, er, well, night that she could join one. She smiled happily, and began to trot over to them. She wasn't sure if she should talk first. So decided to wait until a pause in the conversation. When one finally came up, she decided to speak. "Eyr.. Hello?"
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Gyre lacked any sort of ears to prick forward as Sybil quietly admitted that she too would like to travel with him, but his suddenly alert and interested posture managed to convey the idea of pricked ears anyways. He nodded. "I would allow it. I would...welcome it." He started to follow her over to the fruits, and then paused. Was that a sound out there?

He had just begun to swing his head around, trying to locate who was out there besides Veil, Sybil and himself, when a hesitant voice greeted the three of them from the shadows. Turning around fully he scanned the area, seeking out the shape that wasn't plant or stone, instinct already driving him to protect the mares, even if they had not yet formally formed a Song.

But when he did manage to locate the source of the voice Gyre lost the defensive posture and straightened. Another mare? For a clearing he had expected to be empty this was certainly turning into quite the gathering! Bobbing his head in greeting he took a few steps closer, putting himself between the newcomer and the other two mares. "Gyreetings. I, eyrr, hope this was not youyr hotspyring." Now his posture shifted to one of uncertainty. "Umm, would you like some fyruit?"
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Esperanza »

Gem took a step back when she heard them begin to talk again, she lowered her head, noticing the male take a defensive posture. She instinctively drew herself back until he calmed down slightly and approached. Her head still lowered she glanced up at him, and raised it slightly. "Eyrm, no, this isn't myr hotspring. I am a lyoner for nyow." She did slightly like being a loner, she could do whatever she wanted. But she did like when she met others, she loved making new friends.

She looked over him, then she looked over at the other two mares, "But is this your hotspring?" She asked, raising up her head to make eye-contact. She then heard his other question, "Eyrm, no, I'm fine thanks fyor asking." She smiled slightly, shivering slightly in the cold. She straightened up her posture after this, glancing back at the other mares. She had soarta interrupted their conversation and was feeling slightly guilty.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

((Y'know...I was thinking... It might get confusing if they meet here and then in the Bird Hunt RP as right now they're acting as though they don't know or recognize each other in both. Shall we leave it to just having them meet in the Bird Hunt one or would you like to continue here as well?))
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Esperanza »

((Er. I'm not really sure, xD. It doesn't really matter to me, since the Bird Hunt will be ending soon since Sushi is back I believe. Perhaps, after the Bird Hunt you can respond to my post, like just ignore Gem until after the Bird Hunt on this board. You can of course continue to roleplay him with the other two mares, just ignore my newest post, here. Then after the Bird Hunt, we can continue here and they can remember eachother. If that makes any sense. XD))
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

((Alright then, after the Bird Hunt wraps up they can continue here. I don't mind messing with time a little with my characters... It just gets odd when you have the same characters interacting in two places at once since the events of one could effect how they respond to each other in the other RP.))
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Esperanza »

((Yeah. It is soarta weird. But feel free to continue with the other two. <3))
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

((Because it seems easier to toss this out here for everyone to see... I'm trying to decide what the name of the Song should be. I wanted something that reflects the wandering, nomadic nature of the Song. I was thinking of something like Wandering Spirits or Wayward Spirits. Does anyone have a preference between the two or thoughs on alternate names?))
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Esperanza »

((I actually love the Wandering Spirits. Its quite pretty. (: ))