Website SQL hosts?

Talk about anything you want here.
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Website SQL hosts?

Post by LvSoulFriend »

So, I'm looknig for a new webhost, thanks to Jenn helping me with coding (( *squishes <3* )). There's one that I'm toying with, trying to decide if I want to go with it, but I'd really prefer a good free one. I'm looking for one that has MySQL/SQL/MS Access capabilities, and PHP enabled as well. Not that I really understand PHP, but that's a different story XD

So yes, what do you use for your website? What site is it hosted on?
Delicious
Mystic
Mystic

Re: Website SQL hosts?

Post by Delicious »

I really dunno if I've heard of a FREE SQL and database hosting service... so maybe they exist? (Although I'm not sure I'd trust them). I have, however, had decent enough luck so far with winhost.com - they are actually enabled for php/asp.net/sql etc. and start at 5$ a month for a decent amount of bandwidth. I've other services I've gone with before too, but the best of them are rather expensive or just do php/mySql.
Bright Promise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Re: Website SQL hosts?

Post by Bright Promise »

I really don't think there is a free host out there that offers MySQL... or PHP for that matter...

I use DreamHost and have been with them for a few years and have never had a problem. Sooner or later I'm going to have to move to a dedicated server run by my friend because I'll need something more heavy duty for something I'm programming but for now DreamHost is fine. You can do hosting with MySQL, Php and a whole butt-load of things for about $10 a month and you get a free domain registration.