Headshots Ahoy!

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Headshots Ahoy!

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Hello all!

Just wanted to remind everyone that headshots are available for Samanayrs 001-530 :D

If you'd like to upload your Sam's headshot into the database, or just want to find it for anything else, here's an easy way to do so! You're not required to do so, headshots are made for your convenience.

Finding Your Sam's Headshot
First, you'd need to know your Sam's ID number. Once you know it, refer to the URLs below:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/skysong_of_shar/samanayrs/thumbnails/001-100/xxx.gif
img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/skysong_of_shar/samanayrs/thumbnails/101-200/xxx.gif
img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/skysong_of_shar/samanayrs/thumbnails/201-300/xxx.gif
img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/skysong_of_shar/samanayrs/thumbnails/301-400/xxx.gif
img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/skysong_of_shar/samanayrs/thumbnails/401-500/xxx.gif
img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/skysong_of_shar/samanayrs/thumbnails/501-600/xxx.gif

See where the xxx is? Replace that with your Sam's ID number, making sure that you grab the right number range. For example, if your Sam's ID number is 274, they you want the range 201-300. Copy and paste, and you're all set!

To Upload a Headshot into the Database
1. Go to http://www.samanayrs.net, click on the database link.
2. Scroll down to the Member's Only Area.
3-a. If you've registered before, click on "Login". Enter your username and password, then click login.
3-b. If you have not registered, and you own at least 1 Samanayr, click on "Register". In the username section, type the name of your Sam's owner. This is usually the same as your username, unless you've changed it recently ;) Create a password, then click register.
4. Once you've logged in, you'll be in the "Member Control" area!
5. Click on "Update Sam".
6. Select one Samanayr to update.
7. Scroll down to where it says "Thumbnail Image URL".
8. Using the links above, and your Sam's ID number, fill in the appropriate info. For example, Bounty of Summer Deep's ID number is 178. So the URL to his headshot is: img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/skysong_of_shar/samanayrs/thumbnails/101-200/178.gif
9. Click update Sam, and you're done!

This is not required of you! I just thought that I'd put this out there for those that are interested :)

((Also, if you have older Sams (o###), and want headshots for them to, shoot me a PM!))
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: Headshots Ahoy!

Post by Sushidragon »

Thanks for the info, and for being so awesome at keeping the headshots up to date :D
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Eeee, it got stickied!

You're very welcome Sushi! I like being able to help :D
Bright Promise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Bright Promise »

@Sushi I still have a bunch of old sams that don't have ID numbers, will those get assigned eventually? XD

Edit: which also means they don't have headshots and certs, can we sign up somewhere for this?
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

They'll get them eventually, yes XD Going through and assigning IDs to older Sams is something I still need to do.

I hadn't actually planned on offering certs for the older Sams because I didn't think anyone would be interested in them, since all of the old Sams were required to be on webpages with all of their info. But if you'd like headshots for them, just send LvSoulFriend a PM :D
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Rynnie
Samanayr Stalker and Fangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystery, Desert, Shifter & Kodyla

Post by Rynnie »

On a related tangent, how do I find a foal image for my Enigma of the Sumptuous Shadow? #492?
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Foal Images

img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/skysong_of_shar/samanayrs/db/###f.png

If your Sam is a bred Sam, you can find their foal image at the above link. Just replace the ### with the Sam's ID number! If it's an "o" Sam that was bred, you can use the same process :)

((At least, as long as Sushi has it uploaded to the db ;) ))
Bright Promise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Bright Promise »

What's an "o" sam?
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

One of the original ones, before Sushi started numbering them with certs :) My Dancer is one of them, Jenn has some, Lexington has a ton, Steele, Brit, and Ogre all have a bunch too.

Their numbers are o###.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

That is so sweet of you! :D Thanks so much Lvsoul!!! *hugs*
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Just adding a new post to catch people's attention since a lot of people still seem to be having trouble finding their Samanayr headshots.